• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DetroitRedWings1993

Damien Brunner

Rate this topic

The way I see it, we've seen two different versions of Damien Brunner.

One goes to the dirty areas and isn't afraid to be creative and use his shot.

One skates in lachidaisically and fires off a random, long-range wrister with no traffic the exact same way every time he touches it.

Maybe it's just him adapting to the NHL.

Which do you guys think is the real one?

The way I see it, we've seen two different versions of Damien Brunner.

One goes to the dirty areas and isn't afraid to be creative and use his shot.

One skates in lachidaisically and fires off a random, long-range wrister with no traffic the exact same way every time he touches it.

Maybe it's just him adapting to the NHL.

Which do you guys think is the real one?

I think he is learning the game, in Sweden he could get away with long range shots, he is adapting but old habits die hard. Next year you will see the "real" Brunner, and I can guarantee it will be even more impressive then the one this season. But for arguments sake, I believe it will be the more creative and skilled one that goes deep into corners, watvh how creative he is in swiss league highlight videos

Guest Crymson

I think we're getting appropriate mileage out of him for the amount he's being paid. And bear in mind that he's still adjusting to being in a league in which he has very little space to move.

Brunner is the type of player needs someone to compliment him, someone to pass to him and vice versa. Plain and simple, we will not know the entire story until Sammy is playing or we obtain another top 6 forward

i think hes developing well, hes getting much better defensively. the will go to the gritty parts, he does have a good shot and i dont mind a long range shot unless theres a better play to be made. i hope he develops patience so he will hold on to the puck longer and make smarter better plays. he always seems to get the puck and want to pass it off or shoot it off real quick.

I think everyone on his line has much less space to make plays right now. Teams are bearing down on the Zetterberg-Brunner-Flip line because we've got no offense coming from anywhere else. A little more offensive depth and all of the sudden teams can't focus so heavily on one line, and the entire ice opens up for everyone.

Same is true of the defense as well. They're getting killed by the opposition's forecheck because nobody has any fear of being burned by our offense so they press us harder than normal.

We need to find effective lines and quality personnel real quick or we can expect more of the same for the remainder of the season.

Guest mjtm77

good player but over hyped causer he came in hot. if were lucky in the future he could be a 30 goal scorer, but most likely he will be a 20.

im not the biggest fan of him. I dont really like his play away from the puck or how he handles the puck in the offensive zone aside from being on the PP. Maybe he just needs to get ajusted but he is kinda flimsy.

I have to say, I've noticed lately, other teams are starting to figure him out. I wish he'd stop coming in on his off wing and trying that stupid toe drag move that's only worked once. If he doesn't change things up, he's going to develop Ovie syndrome.

With all that in mind, I'm actually pretty thrilled that they have a shoot first player on the team. I just don't want him to get locked up if he's going to get stale/repetitive with his moves.

I think everyone on his line has much less space to make plays right now. Teams are bearing down on the Zetterberg-Brunner-Flip line because we've got no offense coming from anywhere else. A little more offensive depth and all of the sudden teams can't focus so heavily on one line, and the entire ice opens up for everyone.

Same is true of the defense as well. They're getting killed by the opposition's forecheck because nobody has any fear of being burned by our offense so they press us harder than normal.

We need to find effective lines and quality personnel real quick or we can expect more of the same for the remainder of the season.

datsyuks line will come around, dats will keep setting up mule, its just up to mule to put it in.

as for brunner, hes still adjusting. hes still mostly a scorer but has also shown he is willing to get dirty. keep him developing with z and he will continue to learn from z

Guest DeGraa55

I'm thinking Brunner needs dats. They're perfect for each other ones a playmaker ones a sniper. We all know dats is the beat playmaker we got.

I was opposed to this early on but the more I think about it the more it makes sense.

I'm thinking Brunner needs dats. They're perfect for each other ones a playmaker ones a sniper. We all know dats is the beat playmaker we got.

I was opposed to this early on but the more I think about it the more it makes sense.

I agree, been thinking this for a long time now. Zetterberg and Brunner are better off apart considering they're the two top shooters on the team and there aren't enough pucks to go around for both of them on the same line.

Guest mjtm77

I agree, been thinking this for a long time now. Zetterberg and Brunner are better off apart considering they're the two top shooters on the team and there aren't enough pucks to go around for both of them on the same line.

add anotherr puck?

It's hard to judge a player when the entire team suddenly tanks. Plus, scorers go into slumps once in a while. If Datsyuk and Zetterberg can disappear for 6 or 7 games, I think we can cut Brunner, brand new to the league, a little slack.

Exactly. Datsyuk just scored his first in something like 12 games, Zetterberg has been MIA for a long time, the bottom 6 scores once every 10-15 games.. the entire team has been struggling to score ever since the 8 goals against Vancouver.

Brunner imo has been playing some of his best hockey the past 5-10 games. Very solid. Stronger on the puck, winning more puck battles, skating hard, and putting up some assists. He's having a much harder time getting in good scoring positions and getting quality shots lately though. Definitely in part due to Zetterberg being a bad funk. But could also be some fatigue from playing a lot of games this year.

Brunner is not a problem, at all. He'll start scoring again sooner or later.

I've felt like Brunner has played fine. He's a great skater and is something I still see him doing. I don't know why this laziness tag is starting to get thrown around for. He's not that bad in the corners, obviously it's not a strength yet, but the effort is there.

He'll be fine, just in a slump goal scoring wise like the rest of the team, but his actually play hasn't changed a whole lot from what I've seen.

Even under the circumstances of a normal regular season, it would take some time for Brunner to fully adapt to the NHL. I don't mean just the difference in the ice surface, player size, lack of space, etc. I mean stuff like the number of games per week & all the travel too. If that was going to be a drastic change for him already, the overall difficulty of adjusting was raised exponentially with a condensed season. He'll be fine.