• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

Quincey out tonight vs. Nucks

Rate this topic

The red wings traveled to Vancouver without Quincey, who was helped off the ice in edmonton after being hit with a puck in the cheekbone. Apparently Rexall Center does not have an X-Ray machine (which babs was pissed about) so they can't check to see if it is fractured or not, so they didn't want to risk him getting on a plane, and it possibly injuring it more due to the cabin pressure of the plane.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/03/red_wings_fear_kyle_quinceys_c.html

Babcock thinks Quincey will need surgery. has no idea how long he'll be out.

Holland said White will replace Quincey in lineup tonight.

Holland said White has fractured cheek bone. Will see doctor Monday to determine if surgery needed.

Jesus christ, I send my prayers to the guy. I don't understand his hate recently, he's been playing good recently and his only real bad games has been in the season early on. Granted, the whole team looked horrible during that stretch. Hope he gets better soon and doesn't need surgery. It's absolute BULLs*** that they didn't have a x-ray machine in house.

Babcock thinks Quincey will need surgery. has no idea how long he'll be out.

Holland said White will replace Quincey in lineup tonight.

Holland said White has fractured cheek bone. Will see doctor Monday to determine if surgery needed.

I think this should say Quincey.

It's easy to rip on the guy for his lack of offensive production, but he's actually been pretty good defensively. Obvs not worth the contract, but you can't argue with the way he places himself in front of the puck (clearly). Hoping he recovers swiftly.

It's easy to rip on the guy for his lack of offensive production, but he's actually been pretty good defensively. Obvs not worth the contract, but you can't argue with the way he places himself in front of the puck (clearly). Hoping he recovers swiftly.

Definitely agree. Outside the horrendous start, Quincey has been pretty solid defensively. I expected far more from an offensive standpoint out of him, but he has been reliable at least in his own end.

I would much rather have Quincey right now than Ian White.

Oh no. Who will score points from the blueline now?

Huskins has given us exactly what this guy has. A defensive defenseman who doesn't score. I wish he was playing instead.

Hey now Quincey has more goals than Drew Doughty, Goligoski, Robidas, Hainsey, Morris, Sedienberg, Gleason, Orpik, Stuart, Larsson, Volchenkov, Smid, Fowler

Honestly there are many good defenseman that aren't scoring points. Boychuk, Alzner, Bogosain(was injured but still 16 games), Klesa, Smid, Myers, Coburn etc.are all within .08 PPG of Quincey

Not making excuses, Quincey needs to produce for the price we paid for him, and his contract. But just because he isn't scoring doesn't mean he isn't helping the team.

Oh no. Who will score points from the blueline now?

Huskins has given us exactly what this guy has. A defensive defenseman who doesn't score. I wish he was playing instead.

Quincey is a better player. He is a much better skater and puck handler. Huskins is a legit plug, but thats about it.

Hey now Quincey has more goals than Drew Doughty, Goligoski, Robidas, Hainsey, Morris, Sedienberg, Gleason, Orpik, Stuart, Larsson, Volchenkov, Smid, Fowler

Honestly there are many good defenseman that aren't scoring points. Boychuk, Alzner, Bogosain(was injured but still 16 games), Klesa, Smid, Myers, Coburn etc.are all within .08 PPG of Quincey

Not making excuses, Quincey needs to produce for the price we paid for him, and his contract. But just because he isn't scoring doesn't mean he isn't helping the team.

John Erskine has 4 points this season in 11 games. As I said yesterday, Smith and Quincey don't have that much combined.

Our defenseman are all plugs seemingly, except for Kronwall.

Yikes is right! I don't like the guy, but not how I ever want anyone to be out of the lineup! Hope the surgery (if needed) goes well and he recovers for next season....

on a different note, if Dekeyser were coming here, I guess he is guaranteed a spot now...not unless they just roll with White. But I think they sign him now for sure... keeping White and Huskins as the depth rotating guys...

Yes, I know, I am just hoping and looking and reaching for a way to guarantee Danny becomes a Red Wing....it has to happen!