• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/16 GDT : Red Wings 5 at Canucks 2

Rate this topic

Current Streaks

Regular-Season Streaks

Overall: 1-game winning streak (overtime)

Away: 1-game winning streak (overtime)

Historical Regular-Season Streaks v. Vancouver

Overall: 1-game winning streak

Away: 1-game winning streak (shootout)

Last Ten Games – Current Regular-Season

Overall: 5W-3L-0OTL-2SOL

Away: 3W-5L-2OTL

Last Ten Games – Current Regular-Season v. Vancouver

Overall: 6W-3L-0OTL-1SOL

Away: 6W-3L-1OTL

Home Games / Away Games

This is the last of three consecutive Away games

Detroit v. Vancouver

All-time, Overall v. Vancouver
160G: 53W-54L-18T-0RT-4OTL-1SOL
All-time, Away v. Vancouver
79G: 34W-34L-10T-0RT-1OTL
Season Record v. Vancouver
This is the second of three games v. Vancouver this season, with the Club's record in the previous game:
1W
This is the first of two Away games v. Vancouver this season

Record on this Day

March 16

This is the 39th regular-season game played on this day, with the Club’s record in the previous 38 games:

14W-19L-4T-1RT

This is the 2nd game played v. Edmonton on this day, with the Club's record in the previous game:

1W

LGW.

Tonight's Officials

Referees Wes McCauley (4), Brian Pochmara (16) Linesmen Lonnie Cameron (74), Mike Cvik (88)

Babcock said he'll dress 13 forwards and 7 defensemen for warmups and the decide lineup due to injuries last night.

White is in for sure. Huskins might play too due to another unspecified injury

I think Huskins may replace Smith, his shoulder may be acting up again. He's been getting roughed up the last few games and last night I remember him getting railed.

Vancouver is going to be looking for some revenge after the lashing they received last game. Luo will be looking for some revenge. Going to be a good game and a good test for them, especially on a back-to-back night. We need an early lead and to minimize on the mistakes, play a nice tight game. LGW

With children in the house I have put a secuity lock on NHL network until Sunday. This is gonna be U-G-L-Y.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=400442878

The minutes played last night by Pasha, 25.

Howard, fle returning 63 minutes and playing again.

Kronner - 26 minutes.

The two D under 20, Smith at 17 and Lash at 14. (Of course White replaces Q).

This team looked slow WITH rest. Tonight...I'll DVR the game and catch dinner.

I just asked my 4 year old for a prediction and he said " Daddy since it was 8-3 last time I think they should win 9-3 this time". Sounds good to me..open the flood gates.

I love this.

NHL Network again. :nono:

Eh, I'm in Pennsylvania; I'll take whatever I can get.

I love this.

Eh, I'm in Pennsylvania; I'll take whatever I can get.

I don't get NHL network (not available through my cable company), and the game is blacked out for me on GameCenter. I'll have to follow online/with a radio feed live and watch later when the game is archived.

Just got home from the Columbus Auto Show with the kids. I saw AT LEAST a dozen Wings hats there. Wasn't looking for them they just stick out to me. I'm amazed I saw any of them with all those damned models they hire to stand around the cars. If you make eye contact with them they always want to talk about the stupid cars. So, I bought the kids some ice cream in an effort to make them "forget" daddy's "friends". Ice cream, balloon animals, face painting, and a BMX show, I'm sure they won't remember the models. Oh boy. Got a feeling Godiva, Zales, and Frederick's Spa are all in my near financial future. Oh welll, LGW!!!

Just got home from the Columbus Auto Show with the kids. I saw AT LEAST a dozen Wings hats there. Wasn't looking for them they just stick out to me. I'm amazed I saw any of them with all those damned models they hire to stand around the cars. If you make eye contact with them they always want to talk about the stupid cars. So, I bought the kids some ice cream in an effort to make them "forget" daddy's "friends". Ice cream, balloon animals, face painting, and a BMX show, I'm sure they won't remember the models. Oh boy. Got a feeling Godiva, Zales, and Frederick's Spa are all in my near financial future. Oh welll, LGW!!!

How was the show? I was thinking of going this weekend myself.

Hopefully Tootoo is in again tonight. I'm not sure why he was scratched against Calgary- were we ever given a reason?

How was the show? I was thinking of going this weekend myself.

Hopefully Tootoo is in again tonight. I'm not sure why he was scratched against Calgary- were we ever given a reason?

Really some beautiful cars, Shelby Cobras, The Mustang line, and some real surprises from the likes of Hyundai and others. Can't believe how some of the lower end vehicles these days are not too different from the upper end ones. Of course there is the area with Rolls, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc. It is nothing compared to Detroit's auto show, but what really is? It is definately worth the 8 bucks admission. Go.

Yes, we really need Toots in every game. We no longer have a "Grind Line" so he is invaluable.

Someone posted these lines in the comments of the preview on NHL.com:

franzen-dats-cleary
filppula-zetterberg-brunner
nyquist-andersson-eaves
miller-emmerton-tootoo

Can anyone confirm that Abdelkader is finally getting a well-deserved date with the press box? Edited by McAwesome

What I'd like to hear at the end of this game is the same thing ah swear ah heard last night around 11pm CDT. After I stopped whooping and hollering, there was this glorious kind of echo...like thousands of voices from around the world raised in sheer ecstacy at Dats's goal and the Wings' victory. All of us coming together for all the right reasons. Ah believe it, ah buhleeeve!! :yahoo:

And just as I dozed off, and after fretting the usual list of crap, there was a smile on my face just thinking about that ending.

GO, WINGS!!!

How is it well deserved?

He's been our least effective forward all season, not just on the scoreboard, and if there is any truth to Babcock's quote that the players decide who plays, then Abdelkader has played his way out of the lineup, even if it's only for one game.

He's been our least effective forward all season, not just on the scoreboard, and if there is any truth to Babcock's quote that the players decide who plays, then Abdelkader has played his way out of the lineup, even if it's only for one game.

After last night, he has 20+ more hits than any other Wing (60+ for Abby). He has a positive giveaway/takeaway (Andersson is highly negative), and has a good FO%. Abby is also very responsible defensively, as seen by him switching with Nyquist only to counter RNH in the first period last night. No one else on the Wings works as well in the corners either. He isn't a skilled player, but he is a hard working physical player.

Edit- if you were watching the FSD feed last night, Mick explained that Dats likes Abby on his line because of his physical corner play.

Edited by WorkingOvertime

Nyquist on the top line instead of Cleary would be nice, but Babs seems extremely opposed to using Tatar or Nyquist in that role. I would be fine with Abdelkader being scratched -- Eaves is a better player anyways.

Jimmy is probably going to need to steal this game tonight. Tough opponent on the second night of back-to-back. Let's Go Red Wings!