• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/16 GDT : Red Wings 5 at Canucks 2

Rate this topic

The Canuck color guys are pretty decent.... Is this a fluke or do they stay fairly unbiased?

Rick Ball is calling the game instead of John Shorthouse. Shorty is a major homer, but I listen to Baller all the time on Vancouver's Team 1040 and he's a great all round hockey fan and very respectful of the Wngs organization in general.

They did say the talked to Dats regarding Abby and he said he likes playing with him as a linemate because he goes to the dirty areas and crashes the net hard (so you can bounce pucks off his head into the net!).

Who knows if Dats is being politically correct about Bab's decision to stick him with Abby, or if it's a genuine answer where Dats is really telling Babs to keep him there. We may never know, but Datsyuk is obviously making the best of it, and to his credit, Abdelkader is giving it all he's got.

After seeing those jerseys Vancouver wore tonight, it's no wonder they lost...if I had to wear something like that, I think I'd be embarassed to be seen on the ice. Whose attic did they dig those out of???

Ha! One of the few times I've disagreed with something you've posted. I luved those unis and thought the team looked more imposing overall in them.

Maybe it's because I'm in a nostalgic part of my life right now...?

Anyone know why Nyquist was scracthed? Did he get hurt?

Rick Ball is calling the game instead of John Shorthouse. Shorty is a major homer, but I listen to Baller all the time on Vancouver's Team 1040 and he's a great all round hockey fan and very respectful of the Wngs organization in general.

They did say the talked to Dats regarding Abby and he said he likes playing with him as a linemate because he goes to the dirty areas and crashes the net hard (so you can bounce pucks off his head into the net!).

Who knows if Dats is being politically correct about Bab's decision to stick him with Abby, or if it's a genuine answer where Dats is really telling Babs to keep him there. We may never know, but Datsyuk is obviously making the best of it, and to his credit, Abdelkader is giving it all he's got.

Ha! One of the few times I've disagreed with something you've posted. I luved those unis and thought the team looked more imposing overall in them.

Ya, I liked the uni's last night, except the fact that those weren't real hockey pants, they were slip covers. Mid way through the game you could see them riding up their real pants and the normal color pants were exposed above the knees. That was kind of a cheap way of doing it, but I still liked the look and colors of them. Not may brown/maroon teams in the NHL.

8110877.jpg

Edited by LeftWinger

Ya, I liked the uni's last night, except the fact that those weren't real hockey pants, they were slip covers. Mid way through the game you could see them riding up their real pants and the normal color pants were exposed above the knees. That was kind of a cheap way of doing it, but I still liked the look and colors of them. Not may brown/maroon teams in the NHL.

8110877.jpg

Hockey pants are a pain in the ass to break in. I'm not surprised they aren't wearing new pants.

I think Dats likes having a bigger body on his wing to create space and work in the corners. With Bert out, Abby is the best Wing for that job. I don't think that Abby would stay with Dats if Bert returns. I wouldn't be suprised if the Wings take a look at Clowe, or a similar player, in the off-season if Bert is going to be on LTIR

I have to agree. I even thought they made them look bigger.

I told you they'd prove you wrong.

I saw that in the highlights. They deserve to lose just for that.

Back in the 1930's, we didn't have TV, so people didn't have to look at garbage jerseys like that. In today's media age, there's no excuse for putting those on.

Abby scored his 2nd goal with his ding dong. Dats apparently is fully aware that Adelkader has the largest dick in the NHL and it has more scoring power than his actual stick. Good heads up play by Dats. :cheesy:

I will try to Tosh-0 video breakdown Abby's next goal for you guys. This one you just get commentary.

Haha...they're like a bunch of 5 year olds showing up to hockey dressed. Daddy, tie my skates!

Haha I know, they had posted all of these pictures to their facebook page. I saw this one and immediately started giggling to myself. I do wonder why they were traveling in practice gear though... "YOU GUYS WANT TO GIVE UP 2 POINTS IN CALGARY TONIGHT? GOOD. GET YOUR PRACTICE GEAR ON RIGHT NOW."

especially when you figure out that Luongo would not be 2.42 gaa and .905 sv% if it wasn't for us. He would be 1.74 gaa and a .931 sv% :)

Haha I know, they had posted all of these pictures to their facebook page. I saw this one and immediately started giggling to myself. I do wonder why they were traveling in practice gear though... "YOU GUYS WANT TO GIVE UP 2 POINTS IN CALGARY TONIGHT? GOOD. GET YOUR PRACTICE GEAR ON RIGHT NOW."

LOL better wear your helmets guys, wouldn't want you to fall and hurt yourselves.

when i saw the pics of the millionaire jerseys a while back i thought they were hideous, but they werent that horrible during the game. they reminded me of the Norwegian(?) jerseys from miracle. and yes they looked big.

joke of the night was "you know your team is bad when youre celebrating a stanley cup from 100 years ago."

especially when you figure out that Luongo would not be 2.42 gaa and .905 sv% if it wasn't for us. He would be 1.74 gaa and a .931 sv% :)

LOL better wear your helmets guys, wouldn't want you to fall and hurt yourselves.

Lol at Bobby Lou.

Don't slip on a puck without your helmet on.

when i saw the pics of the millionaire jerseys a while back i thought they were hideous, but they werent that horrible during the game. they reminded me of the Norwegian(?) jerseys from miracle. and yes they looked big.

joke of the night was "you know your team is bad when youre celebrating a stanley cup from 100 years ago."

How about these beauties Montreal wore a few years back?

0c8177f8698a8d83.jpg

How about these beauties Montreal wore a few years back?

0c8177f8698a8d83.jpg

I liked 'em. Throwbacks are supposed to be ugly. They were originally just store bought sweaters with numbers and crests sewn on. My favorite throwbacks so far are the Ones from when Boston was in the winter classic.

Abby scored his 2nd goal with his ding dong. Dats apparently is fully aware that Adelkader has the largest **** in the NHL and it has more scoring power than his actual stick. Good heads up play by Dats. :cheesy:

I will try to Tosh-0 video breakdown Abby's next goal for you guys. This one you just get commentary.

Makes you wonder what Dats could do with Bufuglien (sp? ha, ha) on his line at forward.