• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings4Life19

How good are the Blue Jackets?

Rate this topic

We all know the wings had a bad season against the jackets but is it just the fact that they were due to have that kind of season against each other or are the jackets finally turning the corner. They have a point in their last 10 games and have won 7 of those. They are only 2 points out of 8th in the west and 3 behind Detroit. So are the jackets for real?

I think something will cause the jackets to fade like they usually do:

Bobrovsky will get injured/start sucking

the team will have an injury

go through a losing streak or:

get passed for 8th by a slightly hotter team

They play hard and they play well as a team. I think CBJ is using these attributes to take advantage of a lot of tired teams in the middle of the season. This could be a turning point for them, or it could be a simple hot streak. I hope they get it turned around and can become more competative over the full season next year.

They are a hard working team, and they play very well to their strengths. I don't see them as any kind of threat, and think they'll probably be hot and cold for the rest of the season. They won't make the playoffs.

They're on a nice little streak right now, but they still have a lot of missing pieces to be a contender in the league going forward.

If not for Bobrovsky and their ability to take advantage of shootouts to get extra points they'd still be at the bottom of the standings. They work hard, but their roster is essentially a hodge-podge of players that Howson put together, seemingly without any kind of reasoning. With their new GM, I expect CBJ to start to become at least a bit more competitive over the next few seasons.

There guys had been so bad that it was only a matter of time before someone started scoring again. Anisimov, Johanson, Dubinsky, Prospal, Brassard, and Umberger can score more than they have been. There D should start helping out the offense too with Johnson and Wisniewski back there. Bobrovsky looks like he may just be the guy theyve needed there too.

It's funny as of today Columbus and the NYR are tied at 28 points.

Maybe getting rid of Nash was the best thing to happen to Columbus.

Not starting Steve Mason is the best thing to happen to Cbus.

They're a hard-working team. Hard work goes a long way. Their bottom 6 is full of hard-working, physical players. Jared Boll, Derek MacKenzie, Derek Dorsett (Who is out for the remainder of the year) and Colton Gillies make the Jackets difficult to play against.

Their offense doesn't really scare anyone on paper. Artem Anisimov has struggled. Brandon Dubinsky has been average. R.J. Umberger has been average, at best. Mark Letestu has been a pleasant surprise, though.

Sergei Bobrovsky has been utterly stellar.

Personally, I hope they can continue to play well, but their offense is really gonna need to pick it up. Bobrovsky can't carry the team by himself.

Todd Richards has established a great relationship with his players and in result the team has developed chemistry. However, I feel they are the type of team of when they start losing then it starts to spread like a disease. To prevent this, you need more a veteran presence in order to keep the team together. If the CBJS are still alive for a playoff spot then expect a veteran acquisition at the deadline.

Edited by HIFI_canadian

I have only seen their games against the Wings. and sure, you can say Wings weren't really playing hard and at their best game. but those BJs looked good. and I don't mean Bobrovsky, but their whole team which had very decent teamwork and fine skill to watch. plus: Jack Johnson has really stabilized their defense and seems to be a huge leader behind their blue line.

are they for reals? I dunno, but am more likely to think so than the other way around.

on the other hand... watching some recent Saturday games of the Wings (against Hawks, Canucks) they also look like a very capable team. and then they keep floating around this 8th playoff spot as if undecided if they want in or out...

They're a hard-working team. Hard work goes a long way. Their bottom 6 is full of hard-working, physical players. Jared Boll, Derek MacKenzie, Derek Dorsett (Who is out for the remainder of the year) and Colton Gillies make the Jackets difficult to play against.

Their offense doesn't really scare anyone on paper. Artem Anisimov has struggled. Brandon Dubinsky has been average. R.J. Umberger has been average, at best. Mark Letestu has been a pleasant surprise, though.

Sergei Bobrovsky has been utterly stellar.

Personally, I hope they can continue to play well, but their offense is really gonna need to pick it up. Bobrovsky can't carry the team by himself.

All of this and you can also add that they have hard working skilled forwards who are getting valuable playing time like Matt Calvert and Cam Atkinson. Ryan Murray will also add another element to their team once he's ready to go. I expect Ryan Johansson to pick up point production once he gets more accustomed to a deeper role on their team and cathches up with NHL speed. They also got Spencer Machacek in a trade with the Jets who can play top or bottom 6 and he's got good speed and great work ethic. If they can get a UFA or 2 to add more scoring depth and get a couple decent draft picks this year, they could be a legit playoff team in a couple years. The may make it this year, but they'll get bounced in the 1st round cause they don't have enough scorers yet.

People on here seem to discount the fact the BJs have taken the Blackhawks to the very limit 3 times in a row now, and all of those were during the Blackhawks streak.

They aren't the 87 Oilers on offense to be sure, but they are big and fast and they aren't afraid to take the body on teams. They look a lot like some of the late 90s/early 2000s Devils teams (Obviously without the star power).

As long as Bob stays healthy and hot, they can beat anyone. If they had one more scorer they'd easily be a playoff team with how hard they play night in and night out. When they meet up with unmotivated teams (Vancouver, Detroit are recent examples), their overall lack of talent is overcome by hard work and physical play.

I will say that they have probably turned the corner as a franchise. There seems to be somewhat of a cohesive plan now. Nash wasn't the problem, but everyone needed a fresh start in that scenario.

Seems like right now Bobrovsky is playing well enough to overcome their lack of goal scoring.

They're good defensively (10th in GA and 4th on the PK) they just can't score goals to save their lives (30th).

If they can even get to be mediocre offensively they could be a playoff team for sure.

up 4-2 on Trashville and it honestly hasn't been that close either. Same blueprint, the CBJ bodied up on Nashville and netted their scoring opportunities.

They did lose nick foligno which may cause them some issues down the road.

Check that, it's 4-3....looks like they let up when it got to 4-1 a few minutes ago.....