• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings4Life19

How good are the Blue Jackets?

Rate this topic

I don't think this is a fluke. John Davidson has actually finally changed the culture in Columbus from a team with absolutely no identity, HORRENDOUS defense and goaltending to a team that works extremely hard and plays a trap game. This worked for the Blues when they finally become good again. I don't think Columbus is a playoff team yet, but weirder things have happened. It's a shortened season so who knows. A Chicago/Columbus series (1 vs 8) would be very interesting.

5-1 Win tonight over Calgary.

24 saves for Bob again and Foligno scored 2.

Seeing is believing....I don't think they're going anywhere but up. Maybe not this year (I do think this hot streak will end and they'll fall back a bit), but damn this might be the first time since 2009 that Columbus has had a buzz about the Blue Jackets. They even had 14000 in the stands on a night when Ohio State was playing, that's pretty damned good for them.

Seeing is believing....I don't think they're going anywhere but up. Maybe not this year (I do think this hot streak will end and they'll fall back a bit), but damn this might be the first time since 2009 that Columbus has had a buzz about the Blue Jackets. They even had 14000 in the stands on a night when Ohio State was playing, that's pretty damned good for them.

Just as we're about to leave the division. I like it.

Edited by Son of a Wing

2 goals from Nick Foligno tonight. Goals from Jared Boll and Colton Gillies. Anisimov got a much needed goal. He has struggled this year. Bobrovsky made 24 saves.

Brandon Dubinsky is reportedly out indefinitely with an undisclosed injury. Hopefully he won't be out long. Doesn't sound particularly good, though.

Anyhow, Columbus continues to roll.

Even with this streak they aren't even in a playoff spot. It is still going to take a lot of this (plus help from other teams faltering with their games in hand) for them to be able to make a run at the playoffs. So far, so good, though.

they are 8-0-2 in their last 10, I'm pretty sure they have a point in their last 11 or 12 games, and they are tied for 8th right now, if they keep up like this then they will certainly make the playoffs, and get swept by the wings :P

I was just looking through the mock draft and noticed that Columbus has 3 picks in the 1st round this year. They already have graduated prospects that are gonna be awesome like Atkinson and Calvert, and have Ryan Murray on the way. But 3 picks in the 1st round of this years draft is gonna be huge for them. Hope the other teams in their division have fun with them when they're finally good. :lol:

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

They have the Rangers and Kings 1st rounders, and as a side note to make Penguin haters like myself happy, Calgary has their 1st round pick.

While I am happy for their fans, unbelievable what they've gone through I don't understand it:

They've traded away their top-scorer, face of the franchise basically have no real first line and playing playoff hockey? 3 first round picks is damn huge and if the Rangers truely tuned out Tortarella the Rangers pick mid be a good one also. Sure they have had nowhere to go but up but this fast is really impressive.

3-1 win over Nashville.

Gaborik made an immediate impact with a goal and an assist.

Dubinsky with two assists.

All the while the BJ's have 3 1st round picks to build around him, Atkinson, Calvert and Murray moving forward. They're gonna be really really good in a couple years.

Bobrovski is this year's white-hot Cinderalla gorilla. I can see him singlehandedly thrashing us in four games, in the first round. And that makes me a sad panda.

Blue Jackets push the Bruins to seven games in the SCF. Calling it right now. (Only half-joking.)

You know, they sort of remind me of a poor man's LA Kings from last season. A lot of tough, scrappy, opportunistic scorers, and solid defensive core, and one really elite skilled player. Plus good goaltending. If this team makes the playoffs they'll really do well in the tight checking, physically grinding sort of game. I can see them being a spoiler.