• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mosare

Brunner downgraded to the third line!?

Rate this topic

Brunner wasn't downgraded. Ok, I guess one could take it that way. I prefer to look at it as spreading out the offensive talent and scoring. Getting goals from 3 lines is better than just from 1 line.

I find it funny that people get butt-hurt over Brunner (who has been struggling) getting moved to the third line, but if were a struggling Franzen getting moved down everyone would be calling for Babcock to win the Jack Adams.

Did I see someone say that Mickey Redmond was "talking sh*t" about Brunner not scoring? Sounded more to me like he was pointing out why he was struggling and some changes he could make... I mean gee, a guy who has one 40+ and two 50+ goal seasons under his belt and has been watching hockey games for a living for 30+ years probably doesn't know anything about scoring goals...

I also thought it was funny when Redmond said that Datsyuk likes playing with Abdelkader. I can't imagine how that must've stung for people who've been saying that Datsyuk has been comtemplating his future due to playing with Cleary and Abdelkader...

Brunner's early season numbers are easily attributed to playing during the lockout, as were Hank's. No surprise they've cooled off at the same time as the rest of the league has finally caught up speed and conditioning wise. I think Brunner on the 3rd line will do him well, he'll see lesser defensive pairings and will probably get more space to do things. I happen to think Babcock's line shuffling Saturday worked wonders, the team seemed to feed off it. Not really worried about him at all, he's an everyday player who is experiencing his first dose of NHL reality. He'll get back to scoring soon.

I will just point out this, and leave it here.

Datsyuk rookie year

2001-2002 70gp 11g 24a 35p

Zetterberg rookie year

2002-2003 79gp 22g 22a 44p

Brunner

2013 29gp 10g 10a 20p

he is on a much better pace then Dats or Z were in their first years, also he has 1 goal less then dats did in 70 games in his rookie season, I am the least bit worried

Amen!

...and I was told that I was the one always bringing him up! :lol: I do it a lot, I admit, but its nice to see that I am certainly not the only one to turn threads into Franzine threads!

Here is the final word on my opinion, Brunner on the 3rd line is better than Cleary or Franzine in the top 6...dump Franzine now.

That's because you normally do. I can't go a day without reading at a minimum of 3 of yours posts with 'Franzine' in them. We get it.

Difference is bad games for Franzen is effort based, and that to me is very hard to comprehend. I don't mind if he goes into slumps, I do mind when he isn't trying to make a difference in other ways of the game. He can be more physical, he can be better in the corners, he can drop the gloves for teammates, but he doesn't do it all the time. I watch more than just score sheets, and that's why I'm disappointed in Franzen, and not Brunner, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Abdelkader who ever else goes on a slump, because you don't hear Babcock calling them out on not coming to the rink every night.

This all day.

Guest Crymson

I will just point out this, and leave it here.

Datsyuk rookie year

2001-2002 70gp 11g 24a 35p

Zetterberg rookie year

2002-2003 79gp 22g 22a 44p

Brunner

2013 29gp 10g 10a 20p

he is on a much better pace then Dats or Z were in their first years, also he has 1 goal less then dats did in 70 games in his rookie season, I am the least bit worried

Brunner gets much more power play time than Datsyuk did and plays with better linemates; for much of Datsyuk's rookie season, he was paired with Devereaux and Dandenault. That said, I agree that Brunner has a lot of potential, and he brings good things to the team.

That's because you normally do. I can't go a day without reading at a minimum of 3 of yours posts with 'Franzine' in them. We get it.

and as long as he is still a Red Wings and people continue to talk about him, so will I. But it is nice that even though I respond to post about him, I am usually not the first one to bring him up, and that my friend RR, is fact. I have refrained from bringing him up first, but if someone else brings him up, all bets are off! :lol: I am glad you get it, but I am by far NOT the only hater on this forum...

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/74171-brunner-downgraded-to-the-third-line/#entry2370462

First one top mention him....

Edited by LeftWinger

and as long as he is still a Red Wings and people continue to talk about him, so will I. But it is nice that even though I respond to post about him, I am usually not the first one to bring him up, and that my friend RR, is fact. I have refrained from bringing him up first, but if someone else brings him up, all bets are off! :lol: I am glad you get it, but I am by far NOT the only hater on this forum...

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/74171-brunner-downgraded-to-the-third-line/#entry2370462

First one top mention him....

Yeah yeah. FWIW, I typically (TYPICALLY) actually enjoy reading your posts. But when it's all Franzine this and Franzine that...well, you get it. I hope. I know you don't always bring it up, but you're always there and the one I notice the most, maybe because I actually pay attention to your posts, sometimes. I know there are others, but we are talking about you. :) Oh, and quit liking my posts that are about you! It's not supposed to work like that.

Brunner gets much more power play time than Datsyuk did and plays with better linemates; for much of Datsyuk's rookie season, he was paired with Devereaux and Dandenault. That said, I agree that Brunner has a lot of potential, and he brings good things to the team.

It wasn't meant to be a comparison as much as it was just to show how he is doing so far, he may be going through a scoring drought but he is still getting assists and he's working hard, he still is by far our best "rookie"

Yeah yeah. FWIW, I typically (TYPICALLY) actually enjoy reading your posts. But when it's all Franzine this and Franzine that...well, you get it. I hope. I know you don't always bring it up, but you're always there and the one I notice the most, maybe because I actually pay attention to your posts, sometimes. I know there are others, but we are talking about you. :) Oh, and quit liking my posts that are about you! It's not supposed to work like that.

:lol: You know what they say!

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

From today, good quotes from Babs:

@RedWingsFeed: Red Wings' Damien Brunner trying to end scoring drought: Brunner leads the Red... http://t.co/7vC9cMP6Vh via @detroitnews #NHL #RedWings

good article, although it's odd when he hasn't scored in 10 games and no one else on the team has hit that 10 goal mark still

Well, after reading that article these are the things that were on my mind. I hope everyone is okay, but especially Patty. Talk about a flash back.

Forward Patrick Eaves was hit in the jaw during Tuesday's practice, the puck deflecting off his stick during a penalty killing drill.

Henrik Zetterberg skated but left the ice early. Babcock said Zetterberg was "fine," and it appeared that way as Zetterberg was running after practice.

…Pavel Datsyuk left practice a few minutes early also, staving off flu-like symptoms.

…Brendan Smith took a puck near the head off a deflection during practice but finished practice.

Well, not really the thread topic but it was mentioned in the article so just throwing this out there:

@AnsarKhanMLive

Patrick Eaves does not have a fractured jaw. It's just sore and he's day to day, Ken Holland said.