65 replies to this topic

#1 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

@AnsarKhanMLive: Wings have reassigned Gustav Nyquist to Grand Rapids. Per khan

Anyone think this is to make room for helm?

#2 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

That is what Helen St. James is saying.  Helm is on the horizon.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#3 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,816 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

Helm, full speed ahead!

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#4 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

Edited by Nightfall, 18 March 2013 - 09:02 AM.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#5 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 780 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

Helm is on his way ! Let Gus play in AHL. He is not effective in the big league. Go Wings ! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

#6 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

how many shifts did Nyquist have with Datsyuk? less than 10

#7 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

Happy to have helm back but too bad it's at the expense of nyquist. I mean in all honesty helm should be playing with nyquist and Tatar to make up the deadliest 3rd line in hockey

#8 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

how many shifts did Nyquist have with Datsyuk? less than 10

One period. IMO a summer of hard training will help Tatar and Nyquist. They both have all of the skills, but a little more strength on the puck and in the corners would help them immensely.

#9 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

@AnsarKhanMLive: Wings have reassigned Gustav Nyquist to Grand Rapids. Per khan

Anyone think this is to make room for helm?

You bet your ass it is.  Nyquist got another taste.  I wish him and Tatar made up 2/3 of the 3rd line with Helm at centre, but hey, there's always next year once some fat is trimmed.  Either way, it's definitely a sign that Helm is on his way.

Happy to have helm back but too bad it's at the expense of nyquist. I mean in all honesty helm should be playing with nyquist and Tatar to make up the deadliest 3rd line in hockey

Apparently we were typing the same thing at the same time on the same Bat channel.  Nice.

One period. IMO a summer of hard training will help Tatar and Nyquist. They both have all of the skills, but a little more strength on the puck and in the corners would help them immensely.

Especially Nyquist.  Tatar looked better at holding on to the puck.  Nyquist definitely looked like he needed to add some more muscle.  He's got the skills, but he needs to bulk up to be more effective on the cycle.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#10 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

Apparently we were typing the same thing at the same time on the same Bat channel.  Nice.

Haha. Well it's true I think that line would dominate other teams bottom six. Could be a difference maker. Who knows maybe we see it in the playoffs when there's no roster limit

#11 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

will andersson become a scratch? 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#12 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

Can't wait for Helm. Having him and Tootoo in the line-up at the same time will give us a physical presence we haven't seen since probably 2008. Should be fun to watch.

#NOMOREKINDL

#13 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

will andersson become a scratch? 

more likely Emmerton will

#14 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

Can't wait for Helm. Having him and Tootoo in the line-up at the same time will give us a physical presence we haven't seen since probably 2008. Should be fun to watch.

Let's not get carried away now. Yes getting Helm back is nice, but he is not physical. he is fast. Very fast and a good checker. But he isn't much of a scorer nor is he physical. Helm is all about the speed.

#15 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

Let's not get carried away now. Yes getting Helm back is nice, but he is not physical. he is fast. Very fast and a good checker. But he isn't much of a scorer nor is he physical. Helm is all about the speed.

Helm is physical in the sense that he can rag the puck in the corners and is a huge hitter.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#16 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

Your right in a sense that helm isn't a guy that's gonna kill guys using the body, but he does finish all his checks. The thing I notice with Helm is that he creates so many turnovers with his speed and aggression. That's why I keep saying him with Nyquist and Tatar would be lethal because those guys got the skill to do things with those turnovers

#17 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

Anderson- Helm-Tartar

Coming April 2013
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#18 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

Helm is physical in the sense that he can rag the puck in the corners and is a huge hitter.

We will have to disagree. Helm hits, a lot. But these are not teeth rattling hits. He causes great fear amoung Dmen because of his speed. He will hit you, cause a lose puck and then get to it. All of which is great. But he is not a guy that Dmen worry about getting hurt/beat up/battered etc..... over.

That being said, welcome back Helm.

#19 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

Kind of weird that we send down Tatar and Nyquist but leave up Andersson?  Who would've guessed Andersson would be the one to stay up the longest?

Also weird to think that Nyquist got 7 points in 18 games last year and was talked about like he was the second coming, and Andersson puts up 7 in 19 and nobody talks about it.  While on the fourth line.  I'm not saying Andersson is better than Nyquist, just saying that I was even surprised to read that stat line.  Seems like I haven't noticed Andersson much (which is not a bad thing for his type of player), but he's been effective. But on paper he's been just as effective as Tatar, who I enjoy watching.  Stat-wise he's almost identical to Tatar, which caught me by surprise.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#20 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

No way should Andersson get scratched.  I was at the game in Vancouver Saturday night and the player that stood out the most to me (other than Datsyuk and Zetterberg) was Andersson.  The guy was winning faceoffs, blocking shots, back checking, stealing the puck playing like a defensive phenom and creating scoring chances.  It was a treat to watch.  This guy should be our permanent 4th line center when Helm returns.

be about it!