• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nyquistfan14

Nyquist reassigned to GR

Rate this topic

Let's not get carried away now. Yes getting Helm back is nice, but he is not physical. he is fast. Very fast and a good checker. But he isn't much of a scorer nor is he physical. Helm is all about the speed.

Ask Jovonoski if Helm is physical.

Edited by T.Low

Guest Crymson

Ask Jovonoski if Helm is physical.

In before "omg that was almost two years ago!"

Guest Crymson

Nyquist must really start getting pissed at this. By the time he is a regular, he will be too old to qualify for the Calder

Somehow I doubt that winning the Calder is overriding thought in every prospect's mind.

That said, Nyquist will be out of AHL eligibility next season at age 24, and I doubt the best prospect in the system will be riding pine. So you're absolutely wrong.

I like Helm as much as the next person, but it isn't like we're getting Pavel Dastyuk back in the lineup or Lidstrom decided to unretire. He's good at his role, which is a bottom six forward, but acting like he's the key to entire season seems a bit overblown to me. If he is, not saying much about our top 6.

You don't realize what helm TRULY brings to this team, aside from being the best 3rd line center in the nhl, he brings a lot of energy and heart every shift, every game. Every line literally plays better when he is in the lineup, he just causes everyone else to play better. Ever noticed how deflated we became against trashville when Helm got injured in the playoffs in his first game back, ya I believe that we lost the series as soon as Helm fell on that skate.

I like Helm as much as the next person, but it isn't like we're getting Pavel Dastyuk back in the lineup or Lidstrom decided to unretire. He's good at his role, which is a bottom six forward, but acting like he's the key to entire season seems a bit overblown to me. If he is, not saying much about our top 6.

Momentum is a hard thing to get if you don't work for it.

Haha. Well done! I never thought of using that video.

Nyquist dearly needs to add some muscle mass to his frame before he can play against top opposition. He's just too slight at the moment.

Is this some kind of joke, or have you just not seen Helm play?

He's been a physical player ever since he first hit NHL ice in 2008.

Helm is a very good hockey player? What is so hard for you to understand? But he is not physical. he does something that is normal in hockey-he checks. That doesn't mean he is physical. granted in today's game where it has become the No hitting League, that is rare and thus surprising to so many. Vald was physical. Mccarty was physical. Shanahan was physical. probert was physical. helm is draper 2.0. Great in that role.

The biggest thign with helm is, i hope and pray he is 100% healthy. a bad back is death to many a hockey player over the years.

In before "omg that was almost two years ago!"

More like "wow, can't believe Ruslan is gone"

Helm is the absolute key to our bottom 6, and our 3rd most important forward. The one game he played this season our whole line-up looked so much more balanced. He's massive on our PK, means we don't have to play Abdelkader as the 3rd line centre (although the emergence of Andersson has saved us from that, even if it means escaped from goblins to be caught by wolves playing him on Pavs wing).

Kind of weird that we send down Tatar and Nyquist but leave up Andersson? Who would've guessed Andersson would be the one to stay up the longest?

Bigger body but also a center which gives Babs more flexibility with the lineup. Not much of a surprise given that's how Emmerton stuck with the lineup last season i.e. being a center.

im expecting nyquist to be traded at some point , the way hes been treated they clearly dont want him here and dont invision him as a future wing , i just hope its in the off season because i dont want to get rid of our first round pick this year in a package deal

Really... :g:

Bigger body but also a center which gives Babs more flexibility with the lineup. Not much of a surprise given that's how Emmerton stuck with the lineup last season i.e. being a center.

I agree. I think being a center, and being able to kill penalties has made him a little more valuable.

im expecting nyquist to be traded at some point , the way hes been treated they clearly dont want him here and dont invision him as a future wing , i just hope its in the off season because i dont want to get rid of our first round pick this year in a package deal

after the season is over he will be traded to Anaheim...with Filppula and our 1st round pick for Perry and their 1st round pick.

to ANA: Filppula, Nyquist, 2013 1st rd pick

to DET: Perry, 2013 1st rd pick

Yes, this is just a fantasy trade I made up, but it's doable and viable and makes sense for both!

Then I wake up and see that Holland re-signed Val to a $6M deal....ugh...

(this is all purely fantasy, and only in my head. Do not read any further than that!)

...although I do believe Nyquist will be traded, just not sure when or to who...is he a center?

That's why I mentioned Andersson. I just expected that if Helm was coming back, we would send down our spare center.

That's why I mentioned Andersson. I just expected that if Helm was coming back, we would send down our spare center.

Guest DeGraa55

That's why I mentioned Andersson. I just expected that if Helm was coming back, we would send down our spare center.That's why I mentioned Andersson. I just expected that if Helm was coming back, we would send down our spare center.

Anderson has decent size though.

Guest Crymson

Emmerton will likely be scratched and Andersson will move down to the 4th line.

Emmerton has had a decent season, but ultimately he brings less to the table than any other forward on the roster.

Anderson has decent size though.

He does have size, but he doesn't use it to be physical. IMO he needs to pick up his hitting to be a good fit for the fourth line when Helm returns. He is a decent forechecker but he lacks the tenacity to wear down other teams' D. It's less of a worry in the regular season, but in the playoffs each opportunity for a fourth liner to make a hit needs be to taken.

One period. IMO a summer of hard training will help Tatar and Nyquist. They both have all of the skills, but a little more strength on the puck and in the corners would help them immensely.

I agree, neither are ready for the NHL yet.

I agree with those who think Andersson will take the 4th line centre spot. He's clearly established himself as a Babcock favourite, and its been a problem position for a while.

is time running out with Nyquist? he turns 24 this year, has played at GR for a couple of years now, several more in college, and he can't take/keep a job with the big club. Clearly babs wants bigger players playing. Which is why Cleary keeps getting time, Andersson is staying, Abby on a top line, and tatar/Nyquist are wearing out their cars driving back and forth between GR and detroit.