amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

recalled tonight, to replace Eaves

yup, was just going to post this.. 

source: 

UPDATE: We've recalled Gustav Nyquist from @griffinshockey.

woo!

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#62 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,906 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

Nyquist's new nickname is Yo-Yo©...

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#63 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

“We sent him to Peoria to play the game last night, gave him a six-hour bus ride,'' coach Mike Babcock said. “Let him sleep for a bit and we’ll let him play tonight, see how mentally tough he is. That’s all part of the training to be a Red Wing.”

“He’s got some skill, he’s obviously a real good player,'' Babcock said. “He’s led everywhere he’s ever played in scoring. The problem with the NHL is you have to come up and grab hold of something.

“We called Andy up for a game. He’s still playing, just because he grabbed hold of something. That’s what Gus has to do.''

http://www.mlive.com...._nyquis_2.html

#64 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

“We sent him to Peoria to play the game last night, gave him a six-hour bus ride,'' coach Mike Babcock said. “Let him sleep for a bit and we’ll let him play tonight, see how mentally tough he is. That’s all part of the training to be a Red Wing.”

“He’s got some skill, he’s obviously a real good player,'' Babcock said. “He’s led everywhere he’s ever played in scoring. The problem with the NHL is you have to come up and grab hold of something.

“We called Andy up for a game. He’s still playing, just because he grabbed hold of something. That’s what Gus has to do.''

I was at the game in Peoria last night and he did not exactly look like he was giving a full out 100% effort (then again the Griffins played pretty poorly overall). Maybe he knew he would get recalled and tried to conserve some energy, but who knows.

HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#65 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

You're not tough until you play 3 games in 2 days with combined 12 hours on a bus and only 2 showers!!!!  You gotta grab a hold on that 3rd shower if you want it. :lol:

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#66 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

You gotta grab a hold on that 3rd shower if you want it. :lol:

I'll spare you the obligatory prison joke.