• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Z Winged Dangler

Datsyuk sitting at 499 assists

Rate this topic

Datsyuk's 3 assists last game put him to 499 for his career. In a season where we have no idea what team is gonna show up on a gamely basis, at least Dats has been consistently the man.

Here's your place to celebrate when he get's # 500 :yahoo:

This milestone is deserving of its own thread.

Would love to see it happen vs. Minnesota.

"Goal scored by number 8 Justin Abdelkader! *crowd cheers* assist by number 13 *crowd erupts* Pavel Datsyuk!"

Goal scored by number 13 *crowd erupts* Pavel Datsyuk of <pick body part> of number 8 Justin Abdelkader!

I love that tweet!

He's about ten points behind Ted Lindsay for number six on the all-time scoring list. I'd love to see him get that mark before too long!

Does #13 get hung in the rafters as well?

Here we go....if Pavel goes up, then Fedorov goes up. Period. What's right is right. Fedorov is top 10 in ALL stat categories for the Wings (expect PIM's) and top 5 if not top 2 in most of those as well... If Datsyuk goes up, Fedorov is a no brainer....if Feds doesn't go up, neither does Datsyuk. Now if Pav re-signs and plays longer and passes Fedorov in those categories, then fine.

I love that tweet!

He's about ten points behind Ted Lindsay for number six on the all-time scoring list. I'd love to see him get that mark before too long!

He's 20 points ahead of Lindsay, sitting in 7th place, He is 10 points behind Norm Ullman for 6th place. He is 206 points behind Fedorov for 5th.

Getting hung up to the rafters in Detroit, is tough but if Pasha continues to play the way he does, I'd say go for it.

Knowing Pasha I am sure his 500 assist will be something crazy, maybe rushing through the whole Predators team again and then a blind pass to Zetterg to finish off the play?

Pavel needs to be up in the rafters. Too special of a player and person not to get that honor. Feds would have been there had he stayed with the team, no doubt.

Hope #500 comes next game. He's been a monster this season.

Not to turn this into a Fedorov debate, but need I remind everyone that Fedorov WANTED to stay here, but Holland pulled the previous offer and offered him something less. He took the same deal in Anaheim that he was originally offered in Detroit. Holland was just pissed that he didn't sign the original offer when it was offered to him. All Fedorov asked was to wait until the season was over because he was in the middle of a divorce and changing agents...Holland got mad and when the season ended, a lessor deal was offered (less money and years) and Fedorov wanted the other deal, when Holland said that "This is the deal" Fedorov left. I don't blame Feds and this does NOT make him any less special than Datsyuk.

All of Gordie Howe, Ted Lindsay, Sid Abel AND Terry Sawchuk left the Wings at one point of their careers...this wasn't the deciding factor with those four and it shouldn't be with Fedorov.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that if Datsyuk continues his pace and even plays for a few more years, he will deserve it as well. But you just cannot deny Fedorov and what he meant to this team. I still maintain that without him, Detroit doesn't win those three Cups...

Not to turn this into a Fedorov debate, but need I remind everyone that Fedorov WANTED to stay here, but Holland pulled the previous offer and offered him something less. He took the same deal in Anaheim that he was originally offered in Detroit. Holland was just pissed that he didn't sign the original offer when it was offered to him. All Fedorov asked was to wait until the season was over because he was in the middle of a divorce and changing agents...Holland got mad and when the season ended, a lessor deal was offered (less money and years) and Fedorov wanted the other deal, when Holland said that "This is the deal" Fedorov left. I don't blame Feds and this does NOT make him any less special than Datsyuk.

All of Gordie Howe, Ted Lindsay, Sid Abel AND Terry Sawchuk left the Wings at one point of their careers...this wasn't the deciding factor with those four and it shouldn't be with Fedorov.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that if Datsyuk continues his pace and even plays for a few more years, he will deserve it as well. But you just cannot deny Fedorov and what he meant to this team. I still maintain that without him, Detroit doesn't win those three Cups...

I'm with you on that and would love to see Feds number retired. Maybe it can happen at a later time. He deserves to get recognition from the organization and fans.

I'm with you on that and would love to see Feds number retired. Maybe it can happen at a later time. He deserves to get recognition from the organization and fans.

Dual ceremony with Dats and Feds please. If only we got to see them play together more. They had what...1 season togeter in 2002 did they not?

My bad on Lindsay. I meant Ullman, but sometimes the brain doesn't engage properly. Thank you for correcting me.

As to seeing Pasha's number in the rafters, why not? He deserves it, especially if he stays another couple years (which God knows I'll be praying for).

Yes, but if Datsyuk goes up, then so should Fedorov...period.

You are absolutely correct, but it doesn't mean it is gonna happen. There must still be some hurt feelings within the organization, but hopefully they can mend those bridges and do the right thing.

You are absolutely correct, but it doesn't mean it is gonna happen. There must still be some hurt feelings within the organization, but hopefully they can mend those bridges and do the right thing.

One can only hope they do the right thing...

It was encouraging that Sergei was (is) going to play at the Winter Fest Alumni game. Baby steps I guess. It would be awesome to have the Russian 5 reunite for that as well...of course Vladdy couldn't play, but to have them all on the ice together at the same time...oh.my.goodness!

One can only hope they do the right thing...

It was encouraging that Sergei was (is) going to play at the Winter Fest Alumni game. Baby steps I guess. It would be awesome to have the Russian 5 reunite for that as well...of course Vladdy couldn't play, but to have them all on the ice together at the same time...oh.my.goodness!

Yeah, hopefully that will begin the re-habilitation of Sergei as a Wing. I always hated it when he got booed when he came back to the Joe - way to thank someone for the good times, no matter how the relationship ended.

On topic - go Pav! And thanks Uncle Gary for denying us ~110 games of Datsyukian brilliance! If he retires <100 points from 1000 career, we know who to thank.

I want to give him a big hug of congratulations. You deserve it, Pasha...you worked hard for it, and I for one am damned proud you wear the Red and White. I bought two new Datsyuk shirts today - maybe subconsciously I knew something good would happen tonight!

Yeah, hopefully that will begin the re-habilitation of Sergei as a Wing. I always hated it when he got booed when he came back to the Joe - way to thank someone for the good times, no matter how the relationship ended.

On topic - go Pav! And thanks Uncle Gary for denying us ~110 games of Datsyukian brilliance! If he retires <100 points from 1000 career, we know who to thank.

Was just thinking about that after looking at his career stats. What a waste.