• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

Ladislav Smid

Rate this topic

Nothing against Smid, but I like our D. We have 6 good D now-when healthy, and more on the way. If dekeyser signs and i think he will, we are 12 deep with D that are here or will be over the next 1.5 years. D is a position of strength in the organization. So if we get Smid for cheap as a rental-Quincey being hurt, that works. But not picks, we need more of those!

12 deep? White is done after this season, Huskins is done after this season, smith and kindl are both RFA's at the end of the year.

So by my count IF Dekeyser signs, kindl and Smith re-sign with us then that brings us to 8, EVEN IF for whatever reason you include Ouellet and Sproul (who are unproven) that is 10

12 deep? White is done after this season, Huskins is done after this season, smith and kindl are both RFA's at the end of the year.

So by my count IF Dekeyser signs, kindl and Smith re-sign with us then that brings us to 8, EVEN IF for whatever reason you include Ouellet and Sproul (who are unproven) that is 10

Kronwall-Ericsson

Smith-Kindl

Lashoff-Quincey

Dekeyser-Nicastro

Oullett-Sproul

DeHaas-merchenko

That is 12 that are here now or will be ready over the next 2 years. people ***** about "over rippening" let will not let the kids play. or if we trade it is ***** about giving away youth. On and on and on. Right now the top 6 are good and will get better. Only Kronwall is over 29. The next 6 are all 22 or younger. All are 6-2 or taller-except kronwall. 3 are RHed shooters as well. All of the young guys have size, speed, skill. No need to Smid long term.

Kronwall-Ericsson

Smith-Kindl

Lashoff-Quincey

Dekeyser-Nicastro

Oullett-Sproul

DeHaas-merchenko

That is 12 that are here now or will be ready over the next 2 years. people ***** about "over rippening" let will not let the kids play. or if we trade it is ***** about giving away youth. On and on and on. Right now the top 6 are good and will get better. Only Kronwall is over 29. The next 6 are all 22 or younger. All are 6-2 or taller-except kronwall. 3 are RHed shooters as well. All of the young guys have size, speed, skill. No need to Smid long term.

There is a difference between over ripening and having an entire team of young kids, look at edmonton. Nicastro, DeHaas and Merchenko are very much un proven at the nhl level, Dekeyser may not sign with us, and Oullet and Sproul may not be what we anticipate earlier, your theory however much enticing is based on a lot of things going right, and you missed Colaiacovo in there, he is signed this year and next

There is a difference between over ripening and having an entire team of young kids, look at edmonton. Nicastro, DeHaas and Merchenko are very much un proven at the nhl level, Dekeyser may not sign with us, and Oullet and Sproul may not be what we anticipate earlier, your theory however much enticing is based on a lot of things going right, and you missed Colaiacovo in there, he is signed this year and next

i understand that. You never know how prospects will turn out. But we have 6 good Dman now, noit including Cola, all signed for 1 more year or will be soon. I just don't see the need for a guy like Smid. Now if we were picking up a true #1, ok that would be different.

Guest Crymson

Edmonton is a bit of a special case.