• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Holland with Micky/Kenny...

Rate this topic

You know, I can agree with you here. I am thinking it doesn't always have to be a player coming back to us in a trade it could be a pick. If Quincey and Gausted are worth 1st round picks to teams in need, then why wouldn't Filppula bring us a 1st round pick from a playoff team in need of a center? Lets say Vancouver needs a center desperately (like they do) and offer Holland their 1st round pick for him? It may be a 25 or higher pick, but couple that with our (what may be) 25 or lower pick and we have two great players right there... What if Anaheim offered a 2nd for him, then Vancouver felt the need to outbid Anaheim? We could always stockpile high picks this year and go for a UFA come summer.

(I know Q filed arbitration so he couldn't have been offered a sheet from someone else, but it sure would have been nice to see him go somewhere else for his $3.75M and get that 1st and 3rd in return! Imagine that! If we got those picks for him, then traded Fil for a 1st, we'd have 3 1st rounders, and 2 3rd rounders....nice! I will settle for 2 1st's!)

Perfectly written, exactly my thoughts as well. A player coming back only makes sense if:

1. you are getting a very good one (unlikely because conterns are looking to add not substract)

2. your team IS a contender which clearly the Wings are not this season

3. indicates, he is going to re-sign with your team

So all things considered, stocking up on draftpicks this year really is a nice idea. If Holland can get a mid second for White, a first for Filps + keeping his own pick it would be a nice start for the rebuild.

Guest DeGraa55

Perfectly written, exactly my thoughts as well. A player coming back only makes sense if:

1. you are getting a very good one (unlikely because conterns are looking to add not substract)

2. your team IS a contender which clearly the Wings are not this season

3. indicates, he is going to re-sign with your team

So all things considered, stocking up on draftpicks this year really is a nice idea. If Holland can get a mid second for White, a first for Filps + keeping his own pick it would be a nice start for the rebuild.

I agree with this.

I also want to expand on it. So many for some god awful reason are excited about Bert and Sammy coming back. But then in the next thread whine and cry about young guys being overripe and not given an opportunity. Makes no sense.

In order to get young guys up and playing the old guys need to go why don't people grasp this.

I'll still in the spot where guys like fil this year and dats next year. IDC if we trade or resign them. But one if those two things NEED to happen. Letting someone walk for nothing when there's nothing to replace them is horrible managing. And yes Holland did a horrible job in not replacing number 5. He shouldve of had a replacement two or three years ago. And no kronwall isn't the answer. Defensively Ericsson and Smith are both better. But overall kronwall is better cause of his offensive skills.

And yes a package of fil and Nyquist maybe even one other is not a bad deal as long as its a decent return. Since we don't have room for all three.

And if helm has any value is trade him to since back injuries can linger...

There is about 6 guys on thus team that if traded and not brought back if bought out that would make thus team better. Freeing up money and giving some other more deserving guys a shot.

Cleary.

Colo

White

Sammy

Bert

Franzen.

You could even add a few more. But those are all very realistic and can be done.

Edited by DeGraa55

I would be all warm and fuzzy with TWO 1st round picks and snagging both Ryan Pulock and Kirby Rychel or Fasching...

Problem is, NOW Pulock is now ranked #12 and Rychel, who was previously #21, is #16 and Hudson Fasching has dropped off the top 30 list....

I have noticed Steve Santini start to climb up the list as well...he is ranked #22 right ahead of Robert Haag who used to be in the top 10...Santini is an American born Right handed defenseman who plays for the US National Development Team U-18... 6'1" 204lbs.

I don't know why Haag dropped so much the last couple of months, but hopefully that will deter Holland from drafting another Swedish defenseman in hopes of finding another Lids, because he isn't going to be another Lids. We have Kronner and Ericsson to represent Sweden and that is enough. I wouldn't hate Haag here, but with the likes of Santini rising and Haag dropping, I would hope for Santini first.

With two 1st rounder's, we could definitely help our rebuild for sure! I would hope that Fasching would be around in the 2nd round to take, he is 6'1" 213'lb. Right handed Forward who could develop into one of the missing right wingers we are in need of!

I would be all warm and fuzzy with TWO 1st round picks and snagging both Ryan Pulock and Kirby Rychel or Fasching...

Problem is, NOW Pulock is now ranked #12 and Rychel, who was previously #21, is #16 and Hudson Fasching has dropped off the top 30 list....

I have noticed Steve Santini start to climb up the list as well...he is ranked #22 right ahead of Robert Haag who used to be in the top 10...Santini is an American born Right handed defenseman who plays for the US National Development Team U-18... 6'1" 204lbs.

I don't know why Haag dropped so much the last couple of months, but hopefully that will deter Holland from drafting another Swedish defenseman in hopes of finding another Lids, because he isn't going to be another Lids. We have Kronner and Ericsson to represent Sweden and that is enough. I wouldn't hate Haag here, but with the likes of Santini rising and Haag dropping, I would hope for Santini first.

With two 1st rounder's, we could definitely help our rebuild for sure! I would hope that Fasching would be around in the 2nd round to take, he is 6'1" 213'lb. Right handed Forward who could develop into one of the missing right wingers we are in need of!

I don't care what we have to do to get Pulock, but it needs to happen. We need his manimal like right handed clapper on the PP and he's an all around good Dman. The Wheaties just suck bad this year.

We aren't having defensive issues, and have a lot of potential in the system. This is a draft to address the forwards. That being said if Pulock was available at 18 or so where we pick then I wouldn't complain. He is a stud, I just prefer Mantha or Rychel in the 1st...

I agree with this.

I also want to expand on it. So many for some god awful reason are excited about Bert and Sammy coming back. But then in the next thread whine and cry about young guys being overripe and not given an opportunity. Makes no sense.

In order to get young guys up and playing the old guys need to go why don't people grasp this.

I'll still in the spot where guys like fil this year and dats next year. IDC if we trade or resign them. But one if those two things NEED to happen. Letting someone walk for nothing when there's nothing to replace them is horrible managing. And yes Holland did a horrible job in not replacing number 5. He shouldve of had a replacement two or three years ago. And no kronwall isn't the answer. Defensively Ericsson and Smith are both better. But overall kronwall is better cause of his offensive skills.

And yes a package of fil and Nyquist maybe even one other is not a bad deal as long as its a decent return. Since we don't have room for all three.

And if helm has any value is trade him to since back injuries can linger...

There is about 6 guys on thus team that if traded and not brought back if bought out that would make thus team better. Freeing up money and giving some other more deserving guys a shot.

Cleary.

Colo

White

Sammy

Bert

Franzen.

You could even add a few more. But those are all very realistic and can be done.

I fail to see how trading our leading goal scorer over the past two seasons at a modest $4 million in cap spending is going to make this team better.

Aside from that, I have to agree with your list. The issue here is that Colo, White, Sammy, and Bert are all been sitting. The only one that could be moved or sat is Cleary, which would allow one young kid to come up and play. It isn't like you are making a move for a youth movement or anything here.

If Holland could work some real magich ere and maybe get a first for Filps, I hope the Wings are going for:

Nurse, Pulock according to scoutinjg reports Nurse is an absolute beast on the D who likes to throw is body around, while Pulock has great offensive abilities, this would give us a nice pairing for at least the next decade I guess.

D is fine with more help on the way. need forwards that can throw their weight around and shoot from the right saide badly. good news is there are a bunch of those type of guys in the first 3 rounds this year. fausching, McCarron, hayden, and many many more. yes most need 3-4 years in college and the minors, but that is how the draft works. draft today for results down the road.