• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

NY Rangers

Rate this topic

Can't believe, some people are putting this on Nash. The guy is an absolute monster and doing exactly the things he was signed for. The Rangers lost all their toughness and heart and soul players! They wanted Asham for half the price of Prust, well they got exactly that a player that isn't even half as good as Brandon Prust. If that was not bad enough, Rangers also traded away Rupp which I am sure didn't fit well with the lockerroom.

Rangers also have no secondary scoring, you shut down their top line and you basically win against them. If they don't make it out of at least the second round this year I expect a lot of coming/going in New York.

Uh yeah he is. 7 years over 30 goals and 3 over 40. The issue is what else would be needed other than the 1st pick.

And also what parts of the team would have to be let go to fit his $7.5mil cap hit for only one season...

According to the rumors the Rangers want a defenseman coming back so I doubt it happens. I just reported what I saw on the rumor sites and they said that the Red Wings were one of two teams with interest, but they didn't elaborate. I have no idea if we've made an offer or anything else.

According to the rumors the Rangers want a defenseman coming back so I doubt it happens. I just reported what I saw on the rumor sites and they said that the Red Wings were one of two teams with interest, but they didn't elaborate. I have no idea if we've made an offer or anything else.

So if they want Smith and picks I wouldn't do it. We would be robbing Peter to pay Paul. Especially with Q being out I don't think it's even possible to trade one of our top 7.

So if they want Smith and picks I wouldn't do it. We would be robbing Peter to pay Paul. Especially with Q being out I don't think it's even possible to trade one of our top 7.

Just a thought, but if the Wings sign Dekeyser and/or the other guy, the big Czech, would you be willing to part with Smith then?

Just a thought, but if the Wings sign Dekeyser and/or the other guy, the big Czech, would you be willing to part with Smith then?

No. We need Smith to become Kronwall 2.0 as quick as possible. We need defense, an offense from defense, more than we need Gaborik.

I'd like to know what the asking price is for him.

You're right on the money. If the Red Wings inquired about Gaborik, Sather would no doubt want Smith to be a mandatory part of the return. One or two other assets would have to be given up as well in the form of a good young roster player, good AHL/Junior/etc. prospect, and/or early round picks.

Wouldn't be worth it in my opinion. We'd be giving up a Dman that has the potential to be real good for this team for many years, when the Wings really don't have any prospect dmen that are anywhere close to contributing at the NHL level anytime soon. I also doubt that Dekeyser and Sustr are any closer.... We'd get back a soft, streaky and injury prone forward that would reak havok on the Wings salary cap for one season.

You're right on the money. If the Red Wings inquired about Gaborik, Sather would no doubt want Smith to be a mandatory part of the return. One or two other assets would have to be given up as well in the form of a good young roster player, good AHL/Junior/etc. prospect, and/or early round picks.

Wouldn't be worth it in my opinion. We'd be giving up a Dman that has the potential to be real good for this team for many years, when the Wings really don't have any prospect dmen that are anywhere close to contributing at the NHL level anytime soon. I also doubt that Dekeyser and Sustr are any closer.... We'd get back a soft, streaky and injury prone forward that would reak havok on the Wings salary cap for one season.

Well the rumors I'm reading now are saying that they want to shed salary. They are reportedly interested in trading for Dan Boyle but need to clear space and a Gaborik for Boyle trade won't work because San Jose is looking to shed salary as well. According to one rumor the Rangers want a top four, right shooting d-man, and some depth roster players. If they are planning on acquiring Boyle then I don't think they'd want Smith. Maybe Nyquist or Tatar, but not another d-man.

Gaborik? He is not worth out 1st pick that's for sure....

I dunno, even with our relatively crappy season we'll probably still have a pick in the 20-25th range. He's definitely worth that to me.

And also what parts of the team would have to be let go to fit his $7.5mil cap hit for only one season...

Sammy? Please say sammy. :w00t:

Well the rumors I'm reading now are saying that they want to shed salary. They are reportedly interested in trading for Dan Boyle but need to clear space and a Gaborik for Boyle trade won't work because San Jose is looking to shed salary as well. According to one rumor the Rangers want a top four, right shooting d-man, and some depth roster players. If they are planning on acquiring Boyle then I don't think they'd want Smith. Maybe Nyquist or Tatar, but not another d-man.

Don't we all. We could give them Whitey, maybe?

Edited by Wingsfan72

What about a 3-way trade?

Red Wings Get: Marian Gaborik + Sharks mid-round pick

Sharks Get: Tomas Tatar + Rangers 1st round pick.

Rangers Get: Dan Boyle + Red Wings 1st round pick

Am I close?

Thoughts?

Gotta Throw another prospect going to the Rangers for giving up Gaborik. For example keep the trade as is but have the wings throw in someone like Ferraro or Sheenan going to the Rangers for the deal to work IMO

I'm now reading that the Rangers want a replacement forward for Gaborik. Think they'd consider a 1 for 1 swap for Franzen? They get a big body who's capable of producing, and they get to shed salary. We get a scoring winger for Pavel. All would be right with the world.

I'm now reading that the Rangers want a replacement forward for Gaborik. Think they'd consider a 1 for 1 swap for Franzen? They get a big body who's capable of producing, and they get to shed salary. We get a scoring winger for Pavel. All would be right with the world.

my god, that would be absolutely incredible..

also, i think it's funny that the rangers are 9th in the east, while the jackets are 9th in the west. i'd love to see CBJ make the playoffs and NYR miss them :P

my god, that would be absolutely incredible..

also, i think it's funny that the rangers are 9th in the east, while the jackets are 9th in the west. i'd love to see CBJ make the playoffs and NYR miss them :P

The funny part is, the way they're playing right now, CBJ would absolutely murder the Rangers in a 7 game series. I thought all along that while Columbus could have probably got more for Nash, what they did get made them a better team. They're definitely a blue collar bunch, but there's a ton of guys on that team that play a tough hard working brand of hockey.

Back to the Gaborik thing, I think it would all depend on whether Holland was willing to come off Franzen because the Rangers aren't likely to get anything better on a return and they like their big bodied players. Plus we could pretty easily handle Gaborik's contract, which will price him out of the market for most other teams. I think it's a real possibility, depending on whether Holland has the will to do so.

If you added Gaborik and (in a dream world) Yandle to this team and we'd be lethal.

Edited by kipwinger

The funny part is, the way they're playing right now, CBJ would absolutely murder the Rangers in a 7 game series. I thought all along that while Columbus could have probably got more for Nash, what they did get made them a better team. They're definitely a blue collar bunch, but there's a ton of guys on that team that play a tough hard working brand of hockey.

Back to the Gaborik thing, I think it would all depend on whether Holland was willing to come off Franzen because the Rangers aren't likely to get anything better on a return and they like their big bodied players. Plus we could pretty easily handle Gaborik's contract, which will price him out of the market for most other teams. I think it's a real possibility, depending on whether Holland has the will to do so.

If you added Gaborik and (in a dream world) Yandle to this team and we'd be lethal.

yeah they would. bobrovski has been playing great too.. i knew he'd succeed as a starter but i'm impressed.

and i would absolutely love to see gabby in the winged wheel. he's a quality player and i think he'd definitely benefit from a change of scenery.