• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

NY Rangers

Rate this topic

For better or for worse, Franzen's not going anywhere.

I'm really not so sure about that. His cap hit makes him mighty attractive to other teams. The term of his contract is bad, but nobody realistically thinks he'll play until the end of it anyway. The only thing stopping him from being moved is Holland's reluctance, which very well might be wearing thin. Not because Franzen is a bad player, but because if you haven't had success after repeatedly doing the same thing, a lateral move might be necessary.

I wouldn't move him just to move him, but I'd definitely move him for Gaborik if NY was interested.

I think it spells Torts is done if they don't make ANY noise this season. Decent playoff team that has been looked to be one of the contenders for alittle bit now. With the addition of Nash, they were the #1 pick to win it. They don't secure something this season... and I feel like it reflects greatly upon Torts and he's gone. Just too much firepower to work with and not get the results you wanted.

They're looking to dish Gaborik away before the trade deadline, which will be interesting if they actually can get rid of his 7.5m/yr cap hit. And especially interesting to see what they can get in return for him.

Regardless of whether or not the Rangers make noise, Torts is guaranteed to do so.

I can see a coach like Tortorella losing the players after a while. So a coaching change makes sense to me.

But the Rangers also seem to have real bad scoring depth. Nash has been great for them but I question their decision to become a more top-heavy team. Think they'd have more success building on depth like Boston.

Losing Dubinsky and Anisimov is hurting them. They gave away a lot of depth to get Nash.

I think the lesson to learn from the New York Rangers is to not underestimate the value of good, hard-working role players. Last year they were the Eastern Conference's top team, but after a big trade with Columbus, they might not make the playoffs at all. A great "team" isn't the collection of talent, it's the sum of its parts.

I think the lesson to learn from the New York Rangers is to not underestimate the value of good, hard-working role players. Last year they were the Eastern Conference's top team, but after a big trade with Columbus, they might not make the playoffs at all. A great "team" isn't the collection of talent, it's the sum of its parts.

They have gone from balanced scoring and hardwork to basically a one-line team, without a fitting system = receipe for disaster if Gaborik, Richards and Nash are having an off game changes are very high to beat them. Lundquist would have to be even more amazing than he already is every night without much defensive help..

I also think the Rangers could need some toughness on their roster, they did trade away too much good guys, losing Prust, Rupp (according to some Rangeersites a locker room favourite) and Scott has made them a bunch of countryclub players again.

To be honest I had them as the team to beat this off-season but right now it doesn't look like they'll make it out of the first round, if they even make the playoffs.

They have gone from balanced scoring and hardwork to basically a one-line team, without a fitting system = receipe for disaster if Gaborik, Richards and Nash are having an off game changes are very high to beat them. Lundquist would have to be even more amazing than he already is every night without much defensive help..

I also think the Rangers could need some toughness on their roster, they did trade away too much good guys, losing Prust, Rupp (according to some Rangeersites a locker room favourite) and Scott has made them a bunch of countryclub players again.

To be honest I had them as the team to beat this off-season but right now it doesn't look like they'll make it out of the first round, if they even make the playoffs.

Yes. Hate to say it but somewhat similar to what is going on with the Wings. Our bottom 6 is not what it was during our glory years. Same thing happened to the Blackhawks after they won the Cup. Had to shed too much quality depth and it really hurt them for a couple of years. Now they are back because it took a couple of their young players some time to get to be NHL quality 3rd/4th liners. If The Rangers are serious about trading Gaborik you would think they would want to add depth to help replace what was traded for Nash.

Not really. Stepan, Hagelin, and Callahan are still contributing at a similar rate. Nash produces as much as Anisimov and Dubinsky did. The difference between last year and this is almost entirely from Richards and Gaborik. Losing Fedotenko, and Boyle not producing also hurts, but if Richards and Gaborik were producing better, they'd be a much better team.

It is no secret that Stu Bickel wasn't Torts' favorite player. From what I saw of Bickel, he played his role well. He didn't try to do too much, and he can play forward and defense. I don't get why he was constantly a healthy scratch. Shame that he got waived.

Also, Arron Asham was supposed to replace Brandon Prust, but he's been injured for most of the season.

I agree that they need to get a little more difficult to play against. I don't understand why they waived Bickel, a guy that does exactly that: Makes the Rangers a little harder to play against.

I think Torts could be in the hot seat. He's got a lot of talent to work with, but for some reason, things aren't going well.

Tortarella is a very emotion hardnosed coach, he is exactly the type of coach who will bring you results at first but quickly wear off = players are tuning him out.

Yeah they do have Stepan, Hagelin and Callahan and oh well Kreider but for whatever reason, are heavily depending on their top line. Splitting up the first line might not be a bad idea, Nash is a bulldozer who should be able to create some room for the smaller guys.