• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

NY Rangers

Rate this topic

For a team so highly touted to win the cup before the season started the Rangers are severely struggling. They have all the pieces to have a contending team but can't seem to win. They are sitting in 10th in the east currently with 28 points in 27 games. Meanwhile the wings who were poised to possibly miss the playoffs have been sitting in 4/5 the majority of the season, talk about a weird season.

It seems as though Nash somehow makes the teams he is on worse, even if he is a 30-40 goal scorer and has 23 points in 23 games

The Rangers are a classic case of underachieving. Brad Richards has looked like s*** all year and Callahan needs to be more of a presence. It is kinda funny though WRT Nash being unlucky. He's tasted playoffs all of once and he has no interest in them again so he told the Rangers to suck epically so their summer is longer.

The Rangers are a classic case of underachieving. Brad Richards has looked like s*** all year and Callahan needs to be more of a presence. It is kinda funny though WRT Nash being unlucky. He's tasted playoffs all of once and he has no interest in them again so he told the Rangers to suck epically so their summer is longer.

LMAO

I think it spells Torts is done if they don't make ANY noise this season. Decent playoff team that has been looked to be one of the contenders for alittle bit now. With the addition of Nash, they were the #1 pick to win it. They don't secure something this season... and I feel like it reflects greatly upon Torts and he's gone. Just too much firepower to work with and not get the results you wanted.

They're looking to dish Gaborik away before the trade deadline, which will be interesting if they actually can get rid of his 7.5m/yr cap hit. And especially interesting to see what they can get in return for him.

I think it spells Torts is done if they don't make ANY noise this season. Decent playoff team that has been looked to be one of the contenders for alittle bit now. With the addition of Nash, they were the #1 pick to win it. They don't secure something this season... and I feel like it reflects greatly upon Torts and he's gone. Just too much firepower to work with and not get the results you wanted.

They're looking to dish Gaborik away before the trade deadline, which will be interesting if they actually can get rid of his 7.5m/yr cap hit. And especially interesting to see what they can get in return for him.

Quincey, white and cleary? :P

I was completely unaware they wanted to deal Gaborik. He had a history of injuries, but how long is he still signed for? I thought they'd be contenders for sure. Staal going down on D was a big hit to them too now that i think about it. Girardi and McDonough are getting overworked more than Kronner now. I'd definitely put Nyquist in a deal for Gaborik. He's a fast as hell sniper. If he becomes available, I don't care what other teams would give for him, I care about whom Holland would part with to get him on a line with Dats. We would have cap space next season for him too.

Nothing new for the Rangers...

They had the same problem ten years ago (01/02-03/04 to be exact). Loads of big names/point producers in at times in those seasons: Theo Fleury, Mark Messier, Petr Nevded, Pavel Pure, Martin Rucisnky, Eric Lindros, Alexei Kovalev, Bryan Leetch, Anson Carter, Vladimir Malakhov, and Mikael Samuelsson ( :lol: ) to name a few...

Even with all that talent, they never made the playoffs in any of those seasons. This led up to an absolute fire sale before the 2004 deadline, where they traded away TEN roster players and somehow were also able to add Jaromir Jagr...

Edited by DSM

I don't think any Eastern Conference team has ANY interest in dealing with the Red Wings considering the realignment. Funny that Columbus felt that way last summer and didn't even field calls from Ken Holland regarding Rick Nash and now they are going to have Nash in the same division anyhow! :hysterical:

The only East team that I see dealing with us would be Winnipeg. Now, of course its open season for the West to deal with us and I can think of more than a few players I wouldn't mind seeing on our team, either at the deadline or the draft...

Regarding the Rags, it's a classic New York story, pay all these players and lose anyway. It's always fun eliminating the Yankees and it will just as fun when the Wings oust the Rags on more than one occasion starting next year (almost as fun as St. Louis)

Someone mentioned Jagr earlier, wonder if Holland has any interest in him at the deadline for a late round pick or a median player... Not to hijack the thread, but how about a trade that brings us Jagr and Morrow?

Someone mentioned Jagr earlier, wonder if Holland has any interest in him at the deadline for a late round pick or a median player... Not to hijack the thread, but how about a trade that brings us Jagr and Morrow?

I would wager that a trade for both guys, who would largely be rental players, would be expensive. I would say it would be one or the other. On their own, each player would make the Wings a better team. It would depend on cost, and whether or not Dallas is in the playoff picture. At the moment they are only 3 points out of 8th, so I doubt they would be sellers if they are in the same position in 2 weeks.

Edited by DSM

Rangers were/are a poorly designed team. Lots of big forwards, but weak up the middle. No one to get those forwards the puck. Ricahrds has been tailing off and Stepahn is very young, but that is it in terms of Cmen. They need a play maker or 2 to move the puck around. hey we have a bunch......

Edited by Richdg

I wonder if missing the playoffs this season will spell the end of the Sather era in New York? If they miss the playoffs this season, they will have missed the playoffs 6 times in 12 seasons, and they have only made it past round 2 once...

Edited by DSM

I was completely unaware they wanted to deal Gaborik. He had a history of injuries, but how long is he still signed for? I thought they'd be contenders for sure. Staal going down on D was a big hit to them too now that i think about it. Girardi and McDonough are getting overworked more than Kronner now. I'd definitely put Nyquist in a deal for Gaborik. He's a fast as hell sniper. If he becomes available, I don't care what other teams would give for him, I care about whom Holland would part with to get him on a line with Dats. We would have cap space next season for him too.

He has this season and next season, then he goes FA. Both seasons at 7.5m/mil season caphit. Rumors are that Vancouver has been going hard after him, but it will be hard for them to make space for his 7.5m/mil hit. They would need to do a 3-way trade involving another team to drop Luongo's contract off. Seeing how they've dealt with that situation, I don't see them being able to deal Luongo. They need to realize that teams know their situation and know they HAVE to deal him. They aren't going to over-pay for that horrible contract, especially when they know Vancouver HAS to unload it.

I want Hagelin please.

Torts is probably due for a head coaching change soon, I can see him not being able to bounce a team back after a disappointing year. Really good coach though, I like him.

I want Hagelin please.

Torts is probably due for a head coaching change soon, I can see him not being able to bounce a team back after a disappointing year. Really good coach though, I like him.

I'd die for Hagelin, come home buddy, come home (He played for UofM). :{

Unfortunately, the Rangers organization doesn't ever want to lose that man. He's like our Helm.

He has this season and next season, then he goes FA. Both seasons at 7.5m/mil season caphit. Rumors are that Vancouver has been going hard after him, but it will be hard for them to make space for his 7.5m/mil hit. They would need to do a 3-way trade involving another team to drop Luongo's contract off. Seeing how they've dealt with that situation, I don't see them being able to deal Luongo. They need to realize that teams know their situation and know they HAVE to deal him. They aren't going to over-pay for that horrible contract, especially when they know Vancouver HAS to unload it.

So basically, if they don't trade Luongo then they can't get Gaborik unless they trim other salary?? Holland should go after him hard for a little fan redemption from the past 2 seasons. As long as we don't lose Sproul or Ouellet in a trade then I'm good with other prospects going in a trade for him. Dude's definitely worth going after.

I can see a coach like Tortorella losing the players after a while. So a coaching change makes sense to me.

But the Rangers also seem to have real bad scoring depth. Nash has been great for them but I question their decision to become a more top-heavy team. Think they'd have more success building on depth like Boston.

I can see a coach like Tortorella losing the players after a while. So a coaching change makes sense to me.

But the Rangers also seem to have real bad scoring depth. Nash has been great for them but I question their decision to become a more top-heavy team. Think they'd have more success building on depth like Boston.

I agree completely about Tortorella. He seems like the kind of coach that you can stomach when you're winning but who would be unbearable for a losing team.

Kinda like Scotty Bowman, but with a lot less winning.

Edited by FlashyG

i thought they were going to win the cup with that trade for nash in the offseason. on paper they look like the best team out there. solid defense good goaltending and they have callahan gaborik nash richards stephan haglin and a solid 3rd and 4th line. all the piece seem to be there. streakyyyyy players i guess

i thought they were going to win the cup with that trade for nash in the offseason. on paper they look like the best team out there. solid defense good goaltending and they have callahan gaborik nash richards stephan haglin and a solid 3rd and 4th line. all the piece seem to be there. streakyyyyy players i guess.

They also have one of the very best goalies in the league.

Spotlight: Tortorellla.

Then again, this is what the Rangers do. Underachieve, disappoint, [shot of Sather eating a cigar], underachieve, disappoint...

Sometimes when a team is too star-laden, they lose their grittiness enough to start something like this. Oh, that's OK, let's let ________ carry us for a while, I'm tired of it. Hey we just signed Rick Nash, whew, I can just kind of chill this season and let him pick up my slack.