• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,134 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

i thought they were going to win the cup with that trade for nash in the offseason. on paper they look like the best team out there. solid defense good goaltending and they have callahan gaborik nash richards stephan haglin and a solid 3rd and 4th line. all the piece seem to be there. streakyyyyy players i guess

#22 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

i thought they were going to win the cup with that trade for nash in the offseason. on paper they look like the best team out there. solid defense good goaltending and they have callahan gaborik nash richards stephan haglin and a solid 3rd and 4th line. all the piece seem to be there. streakyyyyy players i guess.

They also have one of the very best goalies in the league.

Spotlight: Tortorellla.

Then again, this is what the Rangers do. Underachieve, disappoint, [shot of Sather eating a cigar], underachieve, disappoint...

Don't Toews me, bro!

#23 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

They also have one of the very best goalies in the league.

Spotlight: Tortorellla.

Then again, this is what the Rangers do. Underachieve, disappoint, [shot of Sather eating a cigar], underachieve, disappoint...

:hysterical: 

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#24 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

Sometimes when a team is too star-laden, they lose their grittiness enough to start something like this. Oh, that's OK, let's let ________ carry us for a while, I'm tired of it. Hey we just signed Rick Nash, whew, I can just kind of chill this season and let him pick up my slack.

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#25 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

According to the Fourth Period rumor site, Detroit is reportedly showing interest in acquiring Gaborik.  Interesting...

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#26 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,920 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

Gaborik? He is not worth out 1st pick that's for sure....

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#27 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

Gaborik? He is not worth out 1st pick that's for sure....

Uh yeah he is. 7 years over 30 goals and 3 over 40. The issue is what else would be needed other than the 1st pick.

#28 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

If all it took was a 1st round pick for Gaborik, we wouldn't have the sniper issue right now.

bringit.jpg

#29 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

Can't believe, some people are putting this on Nash. The guy is an absolute monster and doing exactly the things he was signed for. The Rangers lost all their toughness and heart and soul players! They wanted Asham for half the price of Prust, well they got exactly that a player that isn't even half as good as Brandon Prust. If that was not bad enough, Rangers also traded away Rupp which I am sure didn't fit well with the lockerroom.

Rangers also have no secondary scoring, you shut down their top line and you basically win against them. If  they don't make it out of at least the second round this year I expect a lot of coming/going in New York.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#30 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

Gaborik for Filppula and more?

#31 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

Uh yeah he is. 7 years over 30 goals and 3 over 40. The issue is what else would be needed other than the 1st pick.

And also what parts of the team would have to be let go to fit his $7.5mil cap hit for only one season...

#32 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

I don't have the cap numbers but I would imagine flip would not be offered and use the buyouts.

#33 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

And also what parts of the team would have to be let go to fit his $7.5mil cap hit for only one season...

flip frazen maybe? buyouts otherwise for sure

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#34 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

According to the rumors the Rangers want a defenseman coming back so I doubt it happens.  I just reported what I saw on the rumor sites and they said that the Red Wings were one of two teams with interest, but they didn't elaborate.  I have no idea if we've made an offer or anything else.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#35 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

According to the rumors the Rangers want a defenseman coming back so I doubt it happens.  I just reported what I saw on the rumor sites and they said that the Red Wings were one of two teams with interest, but they didn't elaborate.  I have no idea if we've made an offer or anything else.

So if they want Smith and picks I wouldn't do it. We would be robbing Peter to pay Paul. Especially with Q being out I don't think it's even possible to trade one of our top 7.

#36 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

So if they want Smith and picks I wouldn't do it. We would be robbing Peter to pay Paul. Especially with Q being out I don't think it's even possible to trade one of our top 7.

Just a thought, but if the Wings sign Dekeyser and/or the other guy, the big Czech, would you be willing to part with Smith then?

#37 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

Just a thought, but if the Wings sign Dekeyser and/or the other guy, the big Czech, would you be willing to part with Smith then?

No but if we signed both I could justify sending them big rig

#38 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

No. We need Smith to become Kronwall 2.0 as quick as possible. We need defense, an offense from defense, more than we need Gaborik.

I'd like to know what the asking price is for him.

#39 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

You're right on the money. If the Red Wings inquired about Gaborik, Sather would no doubt want Smith to be a mandatory part of the return. One or two other assets would have to be given up as well in the form of a good young roster player, good AHL/Junior/etc. prospect, and/or early round picks.

Wouldn't be worth it in my opinion. We'd be giving up a Dman that has the potential to be real good for this team for many years, when the Wings really don't have any prospect dmen that are anywhere close to contributing at the NHL level anytime soon. I also doubt that Dekeyser and Sustr are any closer.... We'd get back a soft, streaky and injury prone forward that would reak havok on the Wings salary cap for one season.

#40 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

You're right on the money. If the Red Wings inquired about Gaborik, Sather would no doubt want Smith to be a mandatory part of the return. One or two other assets would have to be given up as well in the form of a good young roster player, good AHL/Junior/etc. prospect, and/or early round picks.

Wouldn't be worth it in my opinion. We'd be giving up a Dman that has the potential to be real good for this team for many years, when the Wings really don't have any prospect dmen that are anywhere close to contributing at the NHL level anytime soon. I also doubt that Dekeyser and Sustr are any closer.... We'd get back a soft, streaky and injury prone forward that would reak havok on the Wings salary cap for one season.

Well the rumors I'm reading now are saying that they want to shed salary.  They are reportedly interested in trading for Dan Boyle but need to clear space and a Gaborik for Boyle trade won't work because San Jose is looking to shed salary as well.  According to one rumor the Rangers want a top four, right shooting d-man, and some depth roster players.  If they are planning on acquiring Boyle then I don't think they'd want Smith.  Maybe Nyquist or Tatar, but not another d-man.