• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Holmstrom96

Kostitsyn Gives Up - Goes for Line Change

Rate this topic

Kostitsyn decides to go for a line change instead of guarding a two-on-two. The result is a shorthanded goal.

Article: http://nesn.com/2013/03/predators-forward-sergei-kostitsyn-quits-on-play-leads-directly-to-oilers-shorthanded-goal-video/

The Nashville Predators forward made arguably the most boneheaded play of the NHL season on Sunday night, and it cost his club dearly. When he wasn’t able to control a puck in his offensive end on the power play, Kostitsyn was forced to get back on defense. He started to do so and then inexplicably stopped.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/03/predators-forward-sergei-kostitsyn-quits-on-play-leads-directly-to-oilers-shorthanded-goal-video/

The only thing I can think of with that is that he was under the impression that it was a 1 on 1 and did not see Petrell coming down the weak side, but even then he just showed serious selfishness right there. If I were Rinne, I would fire a few pucks at him next practice :lol:

I saw this "highlight" this morning on the NHL Network...at first they just talked about the goal and I even said to myself, WTF was that guy doing? He went to the bench while the play was still in front of him...

Funniest thing is when the coaches are pointing and screaming at him to stay out (at :48 of the vid) and then at :54 of the vid they show him looking the other way towards center ice, like "What? I don't see anything!"

Bonehead of bonehead plays!

Incredibly lazy and selfish decision. I can hear Don Cherry now.

He'll talk about that Saturday night no doubt.

Then, he'll show a video about some Canadian junior player fighting, and give us a spirited promotion of Canada's mighty military.

Still remember when the Kostitsyn's were alleged to have partied under the same roof as someone who had mob connections......major let-down to the massive build up of speculation that it was something that would shake the very foundation of the game and was going to be the "darkest hour in the NHL". Gotta love the French-Canadien media.

Anyone have that thread?