• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Kyle Quincey to miss 4-6 weeks

Rate this topic

Didn't see a main thread.

Red Wings' Quincey to miss 4-6 weeks

Detroit Red Wings general manager Ken Holland told MLive.com that defenseman Kyle Quincey will miss 4-6 weeks with multiple fractures of his cheek bone.

Quincy was injured in the third period of the Red Wings' game Friday against the Edmonton Oilers, when he blocked a shot with his stick, but the puck bounced up and hit him in the face.

Holland added that surgery to repair the injury will be made next week.

In 26 games this season, Quincey has a goal and an assist while playing an average of 19:11 per game. His plus-8 rating is third on the team.

That's unfortunate, he was beginning to look like a hockey player.

Doesn't make or break our team though.

What you said. Thought he's looked pretty good lately but don't think this is a game changer. Hell maybe Ian White can use this time to sort something out.

Do hope he gets better quick as possible though, sucks for anyone to be injured.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

If this team misses the playoffs, this could be his last game of the year.

Interesting to see what they do with this bust in the offseason. For his Jon Scott like numbers, he's eating up a lot of cap space. Not to mention, that top pick we traded for him.

On the bright side, Carlo Coca Cola may get some playing time soon. :glare:

This almost certainly means that White will be playing a lot more.

Oh yeah. Forgot he was being benched recently. Guess he'll be happy now.

Then whey did Holland sign Carlo what's his face for 2.5 million? To be a healthy scratch even when someone gets hurt?

Ring Ring....

Hello, Dekeyser residence...

Yes, is Dan there?

Who's calling?

Ken Holland, Detroit Red Wings, we have a spot we need filled...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Then whey did Holland sign Carlo what's his face for 2.5 million? To be a healthy scratch even when someone gets hurt?

I am assuming that he felt Kindl would be the scratch guy every night since until now, hasn't shown that he belongs in the NHL... I say forget White too...

If this team misses the playoffs, this could be his last game of the year.

Interesting to see what they do with this bust in the offseason. For his Jon Scott like numbers, he's eating up a lot of cap space. Not to mention, that top pick we traded for him.

On the bright side, Carlo Coca Cola may get some playing time soon. :glare:

Quincey is one of many over priced Defencemen in the current NHL cap world. The market for average "D" is inflated. If we weren't overpaying for Quincey, we'd be overpaying someone else.

GrumpyCatGood.jpg

Actually it's too bad, he was just starting to play a little bit better. Dare I even say an asset. Maybe just our teams defense has improved and that helped mask some of his errors. We will get by without him though, (we have so far this season). Heal up, and get your playoff face ready, Quincey.

Because they only had 5 proven NHL defensemen (Kronwall, Ericsson, White, Quincey and Kindl) and Smith on the roster. Babcock and Co. had stated that they thought Lashoff was ready to get a cup of coffee with the big club as an occasional call-up for this season if needed. However, I doubt they anticipated that he would be so effective at the NHL level, or that Kindl would elevate his game like he has.

Back to the original topic... Tough loss for Detroit, their defense has looked real solid lately and Smith and Quincey have played very well together. Save for the first couple of games, I think Quincey has been a good dman for this team. Not nearly as mistake prone as Kronwall and Ericsson have been...

Because they only had 5 proven NHL defensemen (Kronwall, Ericsson, White, Quincey and Kindl) and Smith on the roster. Babcock and Co. had stated that they thought Lashoff was ready to get a cup of coffee with the big club as an occasional call-up for this season if needed. However, I doubt they anticipated that he would be so effective at the NHL level, or that Kindl would elevate his game like he has.

Back to the original topic... Tough loss for Detroit, their defense has looked real solid lately and Smith and Quincey have played very well together. Save for the first couple of games, I think Quincey has been a good dman for this team. Not nearly as mistake prone as Kronwall and Ericsson have been...

Signing a guy who lives in a hospital shouldn't have been the way to handle that situation.

Signing a guy who lives in a hospital shouldn't have been the way to handle that situation.

Ok. I'm not defending the move or anything, but you asked why... Would have rather heard "Cuz he didn't offer enough for Suter and Phoenix wouldn't take Jan Mursak for Yandle!"?

I'm not going to defend the guys durability, but he didn't miss any huge extended period while he was in St. Louis for 4 seasons. When healthy, the guy is a decent #4/5 guy that fits the Wings style well and came at an affordable price when teams were way overpaying for available UFA Dmen.

Edited by DSM

Gentlemen....all Holland has to do is sign Danny D, Sustr Christian and then say bye bye to White and buyout Cola and we are all good. I guess they are going to give White his chances but Sustr is already fielding offers and Dekeyser soon...Holland better NOT pass on signing at least one of those guys....he cannot be outbid money-wise, if it comes down to not wanting to give either of them ice time then Holland and Babcock need to go!

Gentlemen....all Holland has to do is sign Danny D, Sustr Christian and then say bye bye to White and buyout Cola and we are all good. I guess they are going to give White his chances but Sustr is already fielding offers and Dekeyser soon...Holland better NOT pass on signing at least one of those guys....he cannot be outbid money-wise, if it comes down to not wanting to give either of them ice time then Holland and Babcock need to go!

I would actually rather have them start in GR. None of them are really holding the same fanfare that Schultz had last year, and Schultz has been less than stellar for Edmonton this season...TSN said that Sustr has recieved 20-25 NHL offers already, and they are probably all for the same amount. It'll probably depend on where he wants to play ultimately.