• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BottleOfSmoke

Perry Re-signs w/ Ducks

Rate this topic

$8.625 million AAV...wow. I'm glad the Wings did not get him at that price.

With the term limit on contracts and the rules against front or back end loading deals contracts like that will become the norm for Elite players.

Still, the Ducks are going to be praying the cap only drops for next season and then starts creeping back up to its current level or they're going to have trouble keeping their next wave of Free Agents.

Edited by FlashyG

I think that price would have been fine for a 50 goal scorer here in Detroit...Damn, I wanted a shot at him too...oh well...

Means that Bobby Ryan just became the odd-man out.

Why is that? He is signed through 2015...They have $10M left in cap space AFTER Perry's re-signing. They will be able to keep Koivu and then some....of course it may mean that Selanne has to go, or he will just sign for $1M to keep playing... Ducks are in good shape cap wise for the next couple of seasons...

I think that price would have been fine for a 50 goal scorer here in Detroit...Damn, I wanted a shot at him too...oh well...

He's not exactly a perennial 50 goal scorer. Overpayment for sure. Even if the Ducks want to spend right up to the cap limit they'll have trouble filling out their bottom 9 with much more than scrubs.

I expected he would get around that in the open market- I'm just not convinced putting ~25% of a team's cap space into two players is the best way to build a team.

I agree with you. It is going to be interesting to start tracking this kind of thing. Look at the Tampa Bay Lightning who have their future tied up between a couple different players. That gamble hasn't paid off yet either. The Blackhawks are doing pretty well with salaries tied up in Sharp, Toews, and Kane though.

Every team is going to have strong points and weak points.

He's not exactly a perennial 50 goal scorer. Overpayment for sure. Even if the Ducks want to spend right up to the cap limit they'll have trouble filling out their bottom 9 with much more than scrubs.

Koivu $3.8M UFA

Selanne $4.5M UFA

Steckel $1.1M UFA

Palmieri $1.025M RFA

McMillan $875K RFA

Beleskey $737K RFA

Lyndman $3M UFA

Lovejoy $525K UFA

Current salaries and next years status...they can sign some, but not all with the $10M they will have left over...

Koivu $3.8M UFA

Selanne $4.5M UFA

Steckel $1.1M UFA

Palmieri $1.025M RFA

McMillan $875K RFA

Beleskey $737K RFA

Lyndman $3M UFA

Lovejoy $525K UFA

Current salaries and next years status...they can sign some, but not all with the $10M they will have left over...

Teemu is gone after this year iam about 99.9% sure

Teemu is gone after this year iam about 99.9% sure

Even better for them, they still have enough to re-sign most of these guys I do believe...not unless Koivu is looking for a big raise along with Steckel...the rest I assume would be fairly easy to fit under the cap after those two...

Why is that? He is signed through 2015...They have $10M left in cap space AFTER Perry's re-signing. They will be able to keep Koivu and then some....of course it may mean that Selanne has to go, or he will just sign for $1M to keep playing... Ducks are in good shape cap wise for the next couple of seasons...

I agree

Next season will be a bit of a squeeze for the Ducks but I don't think its anywhere near bad enough to cost them Ryan a few years down the road. They have 11.2 million left in space after signing Perry and they have 7 NHL roster spots to fill.

Koivu, Selanne, Palmieri, Beleskey, McMillan, Steckel, and Lovejoy all need to be either re-signed or let go. If they don't sign Selanne they should have no real problems signing the rest.

Edited by FlashyG