• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BottleOfSmoke

Perry Re-signs w/ Ducks

Rate this topic

Haven't seen you in forever.

Teemu will likely be gone, but it's a shame, because just like Lidstrom he can still play the game at a high level.

Ok, re-sign Val right now and get Selanne this summer! Now they can play together!

Filppula - Datsyuk - Selanne

Edited by LeftWinger

Haven't seen you in forever.

Teemu will likely be gone, but it's a shame, because just like Lidstrom he can still play the game at a high level.

Yeah haven't been on this site in feels like years LOL!

Always is a shame when a player that still has gas in the tank hang them up but i guess they know what is best.... if it was up to me Lids and Teemu would be still playing in their late 50's lol

Ok, re-sign Val right now and get Selanne this summer! Now they can play together!

I love that plan.

Datsyuk would provide Selanne so many tap in goals it would be ridiculous.

He also wouldn't have to worry about getting elbowed by Kronwall ever again...Its a Win Win for Teemu.

I love that plan.

Datsyuk would provide Selanne so many tap in goals it would be ridiculous.

He also wouldn't have to worry about getting elbowed by Kronwall ever again...Its a Win Win for Teemu.

You forgot he'd get to play with his countryman Filppula...Win-Win-Win for Teemu! That's a hatrick of wins!

He would cure the PP woes that is for sure...

Edited by LeftWinger

You forgot he'd get to play with his countryman Filppula...Win-Win-Win for Teemu! That's a hatrick of wins!

He would cure the PP woes that is for sure...

I'm pretty sure Babcock would find a reason to give Cleary, Teemu's PP minutes... likely something to do with creating space, being a big body, or being "realgood"

Guest Crymson

I think that price would have been fine for a 50 goal scorer here in Detroit...Damn, I wanted a shot at him too...oh well...

In what universe is Perry a perennial 50-goal scorer? He has scored 50 goals once. His career average since 2006-2007 is 32. Given that he's not exactly a defensive dynamo, that makes his contract viciously overpriced.

You wanted Selanne last offseason also, and it was just as much of a fantasy now as it was back then. Selanne has no reason to leave Anaheim. He will either re-sign there or retire. Did any learned soul on the planet ever truly believe that Lidstrom would leave Detroit in his later years? Nay. And Selanne is Anaheim's analogue.

awww, Chicken Poop!

ok, well we can stop this dream then...who is next on the list?

I was really hoping Uncle Stu Balls would get more fired up for this news.

There is going to be a pretty gross overpayment for stars thats for sure. The NHLPA warned this would happen. The stars will get all the cash while the rest will go to scrubs. There won't be much of a middle class in hockey thats for sure. If Dats and Z were up for contract renewals today, they would sign for $8 million per year each easily.

With the term limit on contracts and the rules against front or back end loading deals contracts like that will become the norm for Elite players.

Still, the Ducks are going to be praying the cap only drops for next season and then starts creeping back up to its current level or they're going to have trouble keeping their next wave of Free Agents.

And with this shortened season bringing in less revenue, who knows how that's gonna impact the cap after next season. Either way, these big money long term signings may come back to bite a few GM's

They will be fine cap-wise. This is the new NHL. Massive bucks for a handful of good players, fill the rest with scrubs. Like it or not, this also means superstars will become even LESS likely to hit the open market, and harder to trade because of their cap hits. I'm betting teams will be signing a lot more undrafted talent like Brunner in an attempt to get around this.

Not surprising at all.

I think this signing speaks volumes for the credibility of "trade speculation". Just yesterday, a whole bunch of trade sites were talking about how Perry was "getting homesick" and wanted to be closer to Ontario. The next day he re-signs... It was probably a load of bull Krupp, like a lot of other "trade speculation".

That being said, I doubt anyone should get their hopes up about Bobby Ryan being moved. He's not going anywhere...

Not surprising at all.

I think this signing speaks volumes for the credibility of "trade speculation". Just yesterday, a whole bunch of trade sites were talking about how Perry was "getting homesick" and wanted to be closer to Ontario. The next day he re-signs... It was probably a load of bull Krupp, like a lot of other "trade speculation".

That being said, I doubt anyone should get their hopes up about Bobby Ryan being moved. He's not going anywhere...

Finally the Perry pipedreams can stop now. Perry is a very introverted guy he doesn't like the spotlight, so Anaheim is a good place for him and his girlfriend, so I am happy for him. I am wondering, how Getzlaf feels about this deal, Perry is now making more than him?

This doesn't mean Ryan will be avaiable, the Ducks do have some guys of the books soon and the cap will be going up soon which will leave them with enough money to re-sign him.

Not surprised at all. They are winning, had the money, and Perry is one of the best in the game. You just can't let 27 year old stars walk. he will be all of 35 when his contract expires. The new CBA made it easier for teams to keep their own players, they can sign them for 8 vs everyone else only going to 7. Big difference.

Finally the Perry pipedreams can stop now. Perry is a very introverted guy he doesn't like the spotlight, so Anaheim is a good place for him and his girlfriend, so I am happy for him. I am wondering, how Getzlaf feels about this deal, Perry is now making more than him?

This doesn't mean Ryan will be avaiable, the Ducks do have some guys of the books soon and the cap will be going up soon which will leave them with enough money to re-sign him.

Seriously. Although all of the proposed NHL13 trades consisting of Filppula and your choice of (Cleary, White, Miller, Emmerton, Abdelkader, Quincey, Kindl, Franzen, Samuelsson, sign/trade Lebda) were getting pretty entertaining...

I agree on Ryan. If Bob Murray finds himself in a cap crunch, he has a lot of option before he has to trade away Ryan. Namely:

-Let Lydman and/or Koivu walk

-Trade Hiller and/or Bryan Allen

Actually depending on how Fasth finishes the season, Hiller could be the easiest to move. Florida, Tampa Bay and Winnipeg might be looking for a 'tender this summer, and the UFA market really won't be providing any quality starters.

He's not exactly a perennial 50 goal scorer. Overpayment for sure. Even if the Ducks want to spend right up to the cap limit they'll have trouble filling out their bottom 9 with much more than scrubs.

Yeah, I've heard this in the past on here with talk of how Chicago and Pittsburgh would have trouble filling out a roster. So far, I haven't seen it hampering either team too much.

They will be fine cap-wise. This is the new NHL. Massive bucks for a handful of good players, fill the rest with scrubs. Like it or not, this also means superstars will become even LESS likely to hit the open market, and harder to trade because of their cap hits. I'm betting teams will be signing a lot more undrafted talent like Brunner in an attempt to get around this.

I agree and I think it's the teams who can get the most out of their bottom 6 at the right price who will succeed. Seems like most teams will have a capable top 6.