• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dominator2005

Iginla has given Calgary a list of 3 teams - DET on it ?!

Rate this topic

"The team is not a good fit for him" is an ineffective argument. Any defenseman who is supposedly elite should be able to put together at least one effective season out of three. The guy just isn't he player he once was.

And yep, his cap hit is awful.

maybe, at least we can agree his cap hit is awful. Look at Ovie though, then tried to turn him into a 2 way forward and he just couldn't play thesame anymore, St. Louis started playing the trap last year, no one could score on them, but they didn't put up huge offensive numbers. I don't think JBo is elite, but he is very good, just in the wrong setting he doesn't put up the numbers he did in Florida. I bet he could replicate those numbers in the winged wheel.

Guest Crymson

maybe, at least we can agree his cap hit is awful. Look at Ovie though, then tried to turn him into a 2 way forward and he just couldn't play thesame anymore, St. Louis started playing the trap last year, no one could score on them, but they didn't put up huge offensive numbers. I don't think JBo is elite, but he is very good, just in the wrong setting he doesn't put up the numbers he did in Florida. I bet he could replicate those numbers in the winged wheel.

He was -21 last season. That is inexcusable for a supposedly top-pairing defenseman. It would be unacceptable even if he was playing on the worst team in the league, and Calgary was by no means the worst team in the league.

He's just not all that great.

Edited by Crymson

He was -21 last season. That is inexcusable for a supposedly top-pairing defenseman. It would be unacceptable even if he was playing on the worst team in the league, and Calgary was by no means the worst team in the league.

He's just not all that great.

agree to disagree, +/- is not a great way of determing how good/bad a player is. Everyone knows that he had a bad year last year, but being in the midst of trade talks for 2 years cannot be easy either.

Guest Crymson

agree to disagree, +/- is not a great way of determing how good/bad a player is. Everyone knows that he had a bad year last year, but being in the midst of trade talks for 2 years cannot be easy either.

One year, not two years. Whatever the case, he has dipped below first-pairing status. And with all the ice time he gets on the power play, he should really have more production.

One year, not two years. Whatever the case, he has dipped below first-pairing status. And with all the ice time he gets on the power play, he should really have more production.

Last year all I heard about JBo was trade rumours, this year + last year is two years that I am referring to

Guest DeGraa55

I don't want jerome or bouwmeister.

The prospects and picks are better served on guys who can contribute long term.

Guest Playmaker

No interest. I like Iginla as a player and it sounds like he's a quality person as well, but at 35, with no guarantees he'd sign long term? I don't think the Wings can be considered a Cup contender and it isn't like the Flames are just going to give him away. The price will be sky high and I don't think it's worth it.

Darren Dreger tweeted just now Bos, Pit, Chi and LA

teams on Iginla's list.

Iginla on Crosbys or Malkins Wing will be a deadly combination. Although a class act guy, I am glad the Wings aren't on his list because it wouldn't make sense from a Detroit Red Wings point of view, this team can not afford to give up any assets.

Honestly, good to hear that we aren't on his list. Now, there's no reason to waste prospects and picks on an aging star with no real expectation for him to re-sign.

Any even if he were to come here and re-sign, so what? He's on the downslope of his career and is likely to far even further next season. He was great one. He just isn't anymore. Anyone who expects him to be an elite player now is just insane.