• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/20 GDT : Wild 4 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Ahhh that was a fun game to watch. Usually I hate to say I told you so to people but man.. I really nailed it on the head with the Parise/Suter signings and I think that based on what I saw from Detroit tonight, I was right about the western conf. playoff picture not including the motor city. I also should point out that the Wild don't play the trap (1-3-1) they play the 1-2-2. Same as most teams in the league. We are just very good at limiting a teams quality chances. Even if the refs got that call wrong, which I am not entirely sure Millers stick doesn't make contact with the puck as I was not on the ice and couldn't see what the ref saw, Backy gave it back to Miller there at the end. That was generous of him right?

You don't hate to say I told you so. Seeing as how usually only show up here after a Wings loss, it's exactly what you hope for. Apparently you didn't get all the taunting out of your system over on hfboards.

If you have a point to make about the game, make it. Keep appearing just to stir things up however, and your stay will be short lived.

A pre-emptive warning, let's everyone just stay on topic about the game.

Dammit Harold. Couldn't I have at least got my post in before your warning? I'll zip it.

I recorded the game and watched it starting around midnight. That no-goal call was absolutely wrong. I didn't understand why they wouldn't review it, but it's because the call on the ice was a high-stick with contact made by another player, not a high-stick goal. Had the puck gone in without Toots touching it, they would have reviewed it for height/contact. The fact that Toots helped the puck across the line meant that the play was whistled down prior to the goal, not because of the goal. In the current set of rules, that is a non-reviewable goal and theoretically, by the book, they got it right. However, I think anytime the puck ends up in the back of the net, it should be reviewed. What's more important: having stupid rules or getting it right? Even Edzo got that part right, which I was kind of surprised to hear him continue on about how that should have been reviewed.

Was that a Kronwalling or no? I kind of want to update my site and that counter that's approaching 1 year.

Ahhh that was a fun game to watch. Usually I hate to say I told you so to people but man.. I really nailed it on the head with the Parise/Suter signings and I think that based on what I saw from Detroit tonight, I was right about the western conf. playoff picture not including the motor city. I also should point out that the Wild don't play the trap (1-3-1) they play the 1-2-2. Same as most teams in the league. We are just very good at limiting a teams quality chances. Even if the refs got that call wrong, which I am not entirely sure Millers stick doesn't make contact with the puck as I was not on the ice and couldn't see what the ref saw, Backy gave it back to Miller there at the end. That was generous of him right?

Yeah, must of been a fun game when things are going your way all game long. Think of this, if they called that an actual goal, we would of been tied, 1-1. So you guys make it 2-1 and then when our first goal counted it would of actually been 2-2. You guys score 2 more goals but then I guarantee with the game closer, Datsyuk would of bury that puck and then Miller goal. This game would of been completely different if they call that an actual goal.

Yeah, must of been a fun game when things are going your way all game long. Think of this, if they called that an actual goal, we would of been tied, 1-1. So you guys make it 2-1 and then when our first goal counted it would of actually been 2-2. You guys score 2 more goals but then I guarantee with the game closer, Datsyuk would of bury that puck and then Miller goal. This game would of been completely different if they call that an actual goal.

This game would have been completely different had the Wings actually Shown Up to Play.

So you crawled out of your rock to grace us with your presence. So happy to have you back. I'm sure everyone will join in with me and welcome you back.

Inconsistent wings are inconsistent. Who knows if our scoring and defense shows up each night.

If it does we can be a really good team, but man they really can't grit out a victory when they aren't playing well.

Not many positives tonight, Nyquist finally got a goal, hopefully that can boost his confidence. Other then that there was nothing good about this game, way too many defensive breakdowns.

Kronwall has to stay out of the box, I don't care if he doesn't decimate anyone it's just too hard in today's game to risk it, it sucks but any one of his patented hits will draw a call even if it's 100%(not saying this one was), he's more value when he is on the ice moving the puck. He has the 3rd most minor penalties in the entire league, you can't be a number 1 guy when you are spending that much time putting your team on the penalty kill.

Our best players need to produce, I don't care who you are playing with, our main guys Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, Brunner, and Filpulla need to do something each night if we are going to win the game.

Have to fix the special teams our powerplay needs to be better. Our first powerplay has around 44 points, the rest of the team has a combined 11 points, we need to be able to balance that out and find that second powerplay unit.

All right, folks, this is a game day thread, not a "respond to the member who only shows up when Minny actually does something" thread.

The problem is, as long as he's allowed to passive-aggressively stir the pot, the pot will get stirred. Especially when his entire message summed up just says, haha I told you so Detroit, we have the Olsen Twins and y'all are not making the playoffs. Same thing happens when we lose to the Blues. There are outsiders that get along here, then there are those two guys....

Edited by rrasco

You don't hate to say I told you so. Seeing as how usually only show up here after a Wings loss, it's exactly what you hope for. Apparently you didn't get all the taunting out of your system over on hfboards.

If you have a point to make about the game, make it. Keep appearing just to stir things up however, and your stay will be short lived.

A pre-emptive warning, let's everyone just stay on topic about the game.

In my defense though, I did make one note about the game. You all seem to think that Minnesota plays the neutral zone trap (ala Dave Tippit in PHO) but I was able to set you straight (as someone who watches every Wild game) and inform you that it is actually a 1-2-2 system that Yeo runs. It just looked like a trap to you because most of your 38 shots came from outside the dots and Backstrom smothered anything that wasn't. I do have a question though.. It seems to me that Nyquist was one of your better forwards last night and he is apparently your organizations best prospect. He's been in the minors for some time now, why is he not a main stay in your lineup? Is Justin Abdelkator really better than him or did he run over Babcock's dog or something?

Are you saying the score of the game effected Datsyuk's play? Im confused.

Edited by haroldsnepsts
To stay on topic

Well of course I love to say I told you, that was sacasm. But it isn't like I come here after EVERY Wings loss. I mean, if that was the case and all I wanted to do was troll you guys, I would come here after the consecutive losses to Columbus or something like that. Or the last time Minnesota beat Detroit in St. Paul. Actually, I only come here now because someone mentioned these boards in a discussion on HF. Admittedly, I stir the pot a bit but the fact that everything I said this summer has come true or looks to be coming true.. It's hard not to be like, well I kinda predicted this. In my defense though, I did make one note about the game. You all seem to think that Minnesota plays the neutral zone trap (ala Dave Tippit in PHO) but I was able to set you straight (as someone who watches every Wild game) and inform you that it is actually a 1-2-2 system that Yeo runs. It just looked like a trap to you because most of your 38 shots came from outside the dots and Backstrom smothered anything that wasn't. I do have a question though.. It seems to me that Nyquist was one of your better forwards last night and he is apparently your organizations best prospect. He's been in the minors for some time now, why is he not a main stay in your lineup? Is Justin Abdelkator really better than him or did he run over Babcock's dog or something?

Are you saying the score of the game effected Datsyuk's play? Im confused.

Question: If you were asked to do 13 pushups but could only do one, would you brag about it? How much would you feel like analysing this? Or talking about it in general?

The Wild have been in Minnesota since 2000. They've never had a better regular season than Detroit - this seaon isn't over yet. And they've only had one playoff that was better. That was the year after Detroit won the cup, and 5 years before Detroit's next cup.

Also, where the f*** were you last week when the Wild were in 10th or whatever?

Your acting like an *******, and it's transparent. That's all I have to say.

www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=418766

Link to the tsn thread where Kerry Fraser explains why the Tootoo goal shoul have counted if anyone is interested.

Well, he did not exactly stated it like that. He explained why there has been no review.

"Jordin Tootoo and the Detroit Red Wings were just an inch away from having the proper decision rendered by video review..."

Really?!? Suter is a -2, not very good for a defensive defenseman at a 7.5 million cap hit. Parise didn't even show up in that game, and has 23 points in 29 games, which normally would be pretty good, but for 7.5mil a year, I laugh at you. I am glad we missed out on the olsen twins, Suter is garbage without Weber, and Parise is good but they are both wayyy over payed and were way over hyped. Have fun always having a mediocre team that cannot win a cup :)

Really?!? Suter is a -2, not very good for a defensive defenseman at a 7.5 million cap hit. Parise didn't even show up in that game, and has 23 points in 29 games, which normally would be pretty good, but for 7.5mil a year, I laugh at you. I am glad we missed out on the olsen twins, Suter is garbage without Weber, and Parise is good but they are both wayyy over payed and were way over hyped. Have fun always having a mediocre team that cannot win a cup :)

You should just ignore him. I ran across a few of his posts on another board and the persona he is trying to hide here comes out in true color. He was totally right about Suter/Parise (because nobody saw those two come out of left field) and he's right, we missed the playoffs (because the playoff race is over, right?). He's just trolling these boards and it's been allowed for some reason. The best way to get rid of him is to just ignore him. No matter how much I want to lash out, it will only feed the troll. I still find it funny during the offseason when he was all: I'm a Wings' fan but Minny has the best prospects evar!

On 3/21/2013 at 7:01 AM, Cloune said:

I am an entrepreneur, i used to be loaded with meetings and work all the time. It was very difficult to maintain my mental health. On my husband suggestion i have started using SOS method (https://sosmethod.co/) for 10 min every day. It was so relaxing by using that app.