Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

3/20 GDT : Wild 4 at Red Wings 2

gdt

• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

#361 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

Saying everything is cool and there is no need to worry is not a good idea. There is a lot to worry about. I'm just hoping the people in the glass office up high are seeing them too.

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#362 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

Got hosed by the refs and never recovered... there really is no excuse though.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#363 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

Just got back from the game at the bar.

Took a lot of s*** from Wild fans and my friends.

I will survive however I'm not happy. Could have dropped the gloves with some of them lol but didn't.

Having said that we were out played tonight by the Wild plain and simple no excuses.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 20 March 2013 - 10:22 PM.

#364 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

Saying everything is cool and there is no need to worry is not a good idea. There is a lot to worry about. I'm just hoping the people in the glass office up high are seeing them too.

I fully agree with this, as fans we can say whatever we want the guys in charge though have to look at the big picture and get this team back into Stanley Cup contention over the next years, which weill not be an easy task.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#365 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

I'm sure everyone has them but one of those games where you can't sleep if the Wings lose. Got damn. : (

#366 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

I this point I really think it had to be the coaching. These players aren't as bad as they constantly play. It's not a negative against Babcock, but sometimes you just need change.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#367 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

I this point I really think it had to be the coaching. These players aren't as bad as they constantly play. It's not a negative against Babcock, but sometimes you just need change.

the chances were there, no one was putting the puck away even Datsyuk missed an open net just one of those games

#368 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

I agree.

I guess what I was saying is I fully expected this. Were not a Stanley cup winning team. We are a team competing to barely make the playoffs. So when I say I'm not worried I'm confident we make the playoffs but we don't accomplish anything there.

Moves do need to be made.

#369 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

@Russostrib: MT @tomreid20 Wild team bus broke down on way to airport. Players, coaches on media bus. W/ win over Detroit everyone happy. Lots of smiles

Begin childish rant\ I'd have rather they be stuck on the side of the road and have their balls freeze off/end childish rant

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#370 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

Another one of those games that we had the chances to score and win.... Defensive breakdowns and the usual lacksadasical play. No urgency...like the pistons during their last championship run years....waited till 4 th quarter and cranked it up for the win . Wings arent good enuff for that anymore and i think some of the older wings still Feel they are BUT the league has caught up to us after 15 years. That game was there for the taking and the wings didnt take it and the hungrier wild did. And what is up with the missed nets every game every shift!

#371 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

I'd support firing Babcock only if Bowman wants to return to coaching

bringit.jpg

#372 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:07 AM

Good thing we didn't let that Kent Huskins guy play.

People are calling for Kronwall to be fined and /or suspended :lol:
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#373 centcougar

centcougar

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:45 AM

Ahhh that was a fun game to watch. Usually I hate to say I told you so to people but man.. I really nailed it on the head with the Parise/Suter signings and I think that based on what I saw from Detroit tonight, I was right about the western conf. playoff picture not including the motor city. I also should point out that the Wild don't play the trap (1-3-1) they play the 1-2-2. Same as most teams in the league. We are just very good at limiting a teams quality chances. Even if the refs got that call wrong, which I am not entirely sure Millers stick doesn't make contact with the puck as I was not on the ice and couldn't see what the ref saw, Backy gave it back to Miller there at the end. That was generous of him right? 

#374 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

Funny, I actually thought the Wings were the far better team tonight, they just couldn't finish.

Minnesota rode 2 terrible calls, and a hot goalie, while abusing a couple rookie defenceman on the few chances they were able to generate.

Its pretty ridiculous to try and assess a teams playoff hopes based on 1 game, I'm pretty sure both teams will make the playoffs and right now there is no team I'd rather the Wings face in rd 1 than Minnesota.

#375 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

Wild aren't that good. The difference was, Wild players aren't scared to go to the net, our players are. So many pucks come out in front of the net and our guys are standing on the circles.

#376 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

Since the advent of the modern conference era (beginning in 1993-94), fewest goals scored in the first thirty games with 78 (second is  2009-10 with 83).

Coach Babcock has zero.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#377 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:22 AM

i'm gonna call this one a "schedule" loss. :)

1 home game sandwiched in between 7 west time zone games is a bit ridiculous.

naked is a state of mind

#378 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,298 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

Ahhh that was a fun game to watch. Usually I hate to say I told you so to people but man.. I really nailed it on the head with the Parise/Suter signings and I think that based on what I saw from Detroit tonight, I was right about the western conf. playoff picture not including the motor city. I also should point out that the Wild don't play the trap (1-3-1) they play the 1-2-2. Same as most teams in the league. We are just very good at limiting a teams quality chances. Even if the refs got that call wrong, which I am not entirely sure Millers stick doesn't make contact with the puck as I was not on the ice and couldn't see what the ref saw, Backy gave it back to Miller there at the end. That was generous of him right?

You don't hate to say I told you so. Seeing as how usually only show up here after a Wings loss, it's exactly what you hope for.  Apparently you didn't get all the taunting out of your system over on hfboards.

If you have a point to make about the game, make it. Keep appearing just to stir things up however, and your stay will be short lived.

A pre-emptive warning, let's everyone just stay on topic about the game.

#379 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

Dammit Harold.  Couldn't I have at least got my post in before your warning?  I'll zip it.

I recorded the game and watched it starting around midnight.  That no-goal call was absolutely wrong.  I didn't understand why they wouldn't review it, but it's because the call on the ice was a high-stick with contact made by another player, not a high-stick goal.  Had the puck gone in without Toots touching it, they would have reviewed it for height/contact.  The fact that Toots helped the puck across the line meant that the play was whistled down prior to the goal, not because of the goal.  In the current set of rules, that is a non-reviewable goal and theoretically, by the book, they got it right.  However, I think anytime the puck ends up in the back of the net, it should be reviewed.  What's more important: having stupid rules or getting it right?  Even Edzo got that part right, which I was kind of surprised to hear him continue on about how that should have been reviewed.

Was that a Kronwalling or no?  I kind of want to update my site and that counter that's approaching 1 year.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#380 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

Yeah, must of been a fun game when things are going your way all game long. Think of this, if they called that an actual goal, we would of been tied, 1-1. So you guys make it 2-1 and then when our first goal counted it would of actually been 2-2. You guys score 2 more goals but then I guarantee with the game closer, Datsyuk would of bury that puck and then Miller goal. This game would of been completely different if they call that an actual goal.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U