• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest irishock

Hypothetical- 2004 Draft, Canucks take Franzen, Wings get Edler

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

We all know that Vancouver snitched away Edler from us with their 3rd round pick, just a couple of picks before ours. Hypothetically, the Canucks feel a sense of remorse for committing such an impudent act, so they come over to Kenny and offer Edler for the soon-to-be Mule.

Discuss! (would you take the deal in retrospect, do we still win the 08 cup, would we be in a better position right now in 2013... etc.)

Edited by irishock

Guest Crymson

Franzen was very important in the team's 2007, 2008, and 2009 playoff runs, and the Wings had a very stalwart defense during those seasons. Edler would have spent his time on the 3rd pairing. No thanks.

I'm 50/50 on this. It would look like a fair deal now, however I agree with Crymson on the fact that Franzen was instrumental in our previous runs and the '08 cup. Edler might be a great player now, but I just am not on his band wagon to the point of just saying we for sure would be better with him than Franzen.

do you think they still want him? :ninja:

While I cannot deny Franzen's importance to this team in 07 thru 09, Franzine on the other hand has no business on this team today. No, I wouldn't trade the Cup for Edler, but I would trade them Franzine today....I keep Franzen, trade Franzine...

Edited by LeftWinger

Franzen was very important in the team's 2007, 2008, and 2009 playoff runs, and the Wings had a very stalwart defense during those seasons. Edler would have spent his time on the 3rd pairing. No thanks.

Exactly. Elder might suite us better now but we wouldn't gotten th cup in 08. Pretty hard to foresee raffi and Stuart leaving way back then