• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

GM meetings today....

Rate this topic

So with all the GM's together in one place, anyone expect moves? I do. I think there will be a big b!tch season about asking prices in the morning, then slowly over the next 72 hours deals will be announced. Will we be involved? That I don't know. But I do expect the flood gates to start opening up.

No, I expect jack & squat for several reasons but mostly because there's really only 1 team that can be considered out of the race already. 1 seller & 29 buyers does not a good trading market make. That & the fact that deals aren't done face-to-face anymore & the meeting is all of 1 day/7 hours that already has a jam packed agenda according to reports. Also, that main reason (lack of sellers) is why the deadline is going to pass without any major movement either.

Edited by ogreslayer

I doubt there is going to be any more movement just because of a GM meeting. They can talk on the phone all day long, just because they're face to face it doesn't mean they're magically going to start talking trades now. This meeting will most likely be about officiating and the consistency of it. Numerous games have had outcomes change because of blown calls, missed calls, or some other bs.

I doubt there is going to be any more movement just because of a GM meeting. They can talk on the phone all day long, just because they're face to face it doesn't mean they're magically going to start talking trades now. This meeting will most likely be about officiating and the consistency of it. Numerous games have had outcomes change because of blown calls, missed calls, or some other bs.

Face to face works for baseball GM's though...the MLB Winter Meetings has become early Christmas for Tigers fans.

Oh...your ugly. :P

Guest Crymson

The trade deadline is still two weeks away, and many teams could catapult into playoff position during that time. None of those teams have any reason to deal players right now.