• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingedominance13

Mike Komisarek placed on waivers

Rate this topic

Komisarek has only played in 4 games this season. I don't know if he has been hurt or if he was scratched all season, either way I would pass on his $4.5M hit. His best season was 19 points back in 06-07. He only has 77 points in 519 career games. Ya, he is big at 6'4" 243lbs. but it's not like he has stats that would show that he uses that size to his advantage either, he is a -15 career and only has 665 PIM's, that is less that 1 minor per game. I know that doesn't say too much, but if he were throwing his body around and clearing out the front of the net, I would imagine he'd have a bit more penalties...maybe not, but I would still pass. Put my money on Dekeyser and/or Sustr as a replacement for Q right now, and as part of our future starting next season. Komisarek's $4.5M will just handcuff us for another season and will inhibit us from getting scoring help...

Edited by LeftWinger

Guest Crymson

Worth picking up now that Quincey is hurt?

Mediocre defenseman with a giant cap hit. Pass.

Guest Crymson

Pass.

If they Wings want him, they can sign him to a two-way deal this summer after Toronto uses and an amnesty buyout on him.

It doesn't need to be a two-way deal. As long as he makes no more than $900K per season, he can be dumped into the minors and have no effect upon his team's cap.

Given the cap situation that many teams will be in during the offseason, he's unlikely to get any more than that. Still, I wouldn't want him on the Wings. He's a bonehead.

It doesn't need to be a two-way deal. As long as he makes no more than $900K per season, he can be dumped into the minors and have no effect upon his team's cap.

Given the cap situation that many teams will be in during the offseason, he's unlikely to get any more than that. Still, I wouldn't want him on the Wings. He's a bonehead.

U of M, what else did you expect? :crazy::baby:

That doesn't make any sense to me.

It means you never know...Ericsson is a mediocre, overpaid defenseman and not only is he on our team but Holland gve him that deal. It means its not a stretch to think we'd take a flier on him. That said, I dont think we will.

I was just looking out for Mike I.'s checkbook... ;)

Guest Crymson

It means you never know...Ericsson is a mediocre, overpaid defenseman and not only is he on our team but Holland gve him that deal. It means its not a stretch to think we'd take a flier on him. That said, I dont think we will.

In no way is Ericsson a mediocre, overpaid defenseman. If you think that he is Komisarek's equivalent, I can only conclude that you have not seen Komisarek play in the past three seasons. For that matter, it sounds as if you've not been watching Red Wings hockey at all this season, because Ericsson is earning every penny of his paycheck this season.

Edited by Crymson

Ericsson is better than komisarek at this point and is living up to the money