• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

The way things are shaping up, whatever team gets to play the 3rd seed is probably the best match up.  Go for 6th!

#2 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

I'm not gonna complain as long as we make the playoffs. Strangely enough I think we would match up pretty well against most of the 'top' teams at the moment. Teams like Nashville, St Louis, San Jose, LA.. give us more problems than Vancouver/Minny/Anaheim or even Chicago.

#3 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

just make the playoffs

#4 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

Spots one through four are the ideal spots, as they enjoy home-ice advantage.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#5 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

I'm not gonna complain as long as we make the playoffs. Strangely enough I think we would match up pretty well against most of the 'top' teams at the moment. Teams like Nashville, St Louis, San Jose, LA.. give us more problems than Vancouver/Minny/Anaheim or even Chicago.

I'm not gonna complain as long as Kenny doesn't trade away our 1st rounder in this years deep draft.

Spots one through four are the ideal spots, as they enjoy home-ice advantage.

And the Wings are not so good on the road, nor is their PP.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#6 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

The way this team is playing, we're not in a position to be choosey. Just win damnit.

#7 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

Chicago, Anaheim and Minny would beat Detroit in a 7 game series, each have better depth, better goaltending, and a better offensive setup. I need not mention the dreadful state of the Wings' special teams on the road and being the road seed in any of these match ups.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#8 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

Looking at our upcoming road schedule I'd accept an 8th spot. But unless the Hawks run into injuries and the Wings get back Helm, it'll be a highway 1st round exit.

bringit.jpg

#9 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

Let's aim to go out there every night and have a consistant effort from every player. I'd rather watch that and have us miss the playoffs than watch some of these entitled loafs float around the ice.

#10 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

Chicago, Anaheim and Minny would beat Detroit in a 7 game series, each have better depth, better goaltending, and a better offensive setup. I need not mention the dreadful state of the Wings' special teams on the road and being the road seed in any of these match ups.

I'd debate that. Anaheim is on an incredible hot streak at the moment, thus making them look better than they probably are. and Minnesota I think would be a toss up. Special teams for the Wings on the road is the real issue, although recently they've looked a lot better, albeit there was nowhere to go up from the way the special teams were playing before that.

#11 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

Yea lets play for 6th because we are cleary good enough to pick and choose  :glare:

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#12 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

Usually playing for 6th = you are only a few points above the 7 and 8 seed this is a gamble that could backfire hard.

I couldn't care less about the spot , at first you always have to make the playoffs and then people can look at possible positions but before that, there really is no point in doing so. The upcoming roadtrip might determine, if the Detroit Red Wings are going to be in the playoffs or not.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..