• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

and for the record i would like to keep filppula but if hes asking for 5+ a year and he will likely ask for 5-8 yrs then hes gotta go , he got one season of 60+ pts hes been too inconsistent to give 5 million a year and we got guys coming up next year and next few years who should be able to contend for a top 6 spot

as for the person above who mentioned cleary and white would fetch us 1st rounders thats just nonsense i think filppula is the only one who might be able to fetch us a 1st pick from a contender especially to the team that loses out on iginla , we'd be lucky to get a 3rd round pick for white and REALLY lucky for a 2nd round pick for cleary but that might be pushing it

#42 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

I agree but its just not how Holland does things. Instead of selling and committing to a rebuild. He will try and buy something making us a lose a first rounder and the likes of Tatar or Nyquist. It'll be an effort to win now when in reality it'll keep us at average for longer.

Look at the too teams in the west. Chicago has what 6 stars then a bunch of average guys. The ducks got like four or five and a bunch of average guys. In the NHL now you won't have stars on all fours lines like we used to because of the cap. The problem is even though the wings have dats we have no one with him making it one of the worst number one or two lines we have seen.

We won't be able to acquire the top 6 type forward we need which is why selling is better now. But I'm sure Holland will find our Quincey at forward and lose our first rounder. I have total faith in that as he has more experience doing that than selling.

Holland hasn't made a major deadline move in years, so I don't know why you'd think he'd trade Nyquist or Tatar.

I think it's pretty obvious that Holland and company are looking to the future.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#43 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

If this draft is so deep, someone post some scenarios for 1st and 2nd round picks, along with whatever SANE trades could be made for additional picks. Enough arguing lol

Let's say @ 15 Anthony Mantha. Then in the 2nd Valentine Zykov may still be available. Fashing in the 3rd.

#44 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

The problem with this idea is that it's actually NOT a deep draft...2013 NHL draft lacks depth of talent

We're not getting a top 10 draft pick, that's pretty much guaranteed.  We don't need to sell and blow up a decent team to take a gamble on a pick who is very likely not to work out.  Given that the success rate of where we'd be drafting, there's a < 50% of our first round pick working out (see The Value of a (First-Half) First Round Draft Pick).  And it's extremely unlikely that the player we picked would ever be better than the player we traded to get the pick, even if said pick does manage to make it to the NHL at all.

So, really I'd rather just watch the Wings in the playoffs. 

Right blowing up the team will mean we will be trading to teams that will be drafting in the 20-30 spots. If we were in 100% rebuild mode, those aren't picks that you want for a rebuild.

Edit: I'll add, I wouldn't count on too many moves at the deadline. With the 48 game season, a number of teams are still in the race. The only team probably willing to unload guys is Buffalo.

Edited by Barrie, 21 March 2013 - 10:37 PM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#45 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

We'll be buyers long before we'll be sellers. And we're not going to be buyers. So we're absolutely, positively not going to be sellers. (Unless we're on one unholy mother of a losing streak.)

Don't Toews me, bro!

#46 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

If Fil wants more then 3.5-4m then he should be traded. He is not worth anymore. I really question what he might be worth on the market.

#47 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

We really need to sell unless Kenny does something monumental and acquires an elite defenseman. Otherwise I really believe we need to maximize Filppula's value to us and the options are to sell high on him at the deadline or sign him to an almost certainly bloated contract for 5+ years and likely watch him immediatly disappoint on it. I say trade him.

If Fil wants more then 3.5-4m then he should be traded. He is not worth anymore. I really question what he might be worth on the market.

Yes.

#48 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

I think he would get 5m+ on the open market. The problem with trading him is the only skilled (projected) top-6 center close to the NHL in the Wings' system is Jarnkrok. If Z or Dats gets inured (or Dats leaves), the Wings could be short on center depth.

#49 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

Stupid pass, hit was devastating but it looked clean. I'm totally confused by the penalty? I've never heard of a 5 minute penalty for interference??? And a game misconduct for interference? I hate those kinda hits because they can end a career legal or not.

#50 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

Stupid pass, hit was devastating but it looked clean. I'm totally confused by the penalty? I've never heard of a 5 minute penalty for interference??? And a game misconduct for interference? I hate those kinda hits because they can end a career legal or not.

I'm not sure how and why you posted that in this thread lol.