• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jesusberg

Andrej Sustr signs with Tampa Bay

Rate this topic

Damn....Well I hope this means that Holland's #1 choice was Dekeyser and is just waiting for him to become available. He probably knows that he has at the most one spot available for someone to play and didn't want to risk losing Dekeyser by signing Sustr...everything will be fine as long as Danny D becomes a Red Wing. If he doesn't? All hell will break lose!

Bold prediction: If Holland misses out on Dekeyser, at least one member of this site will call for him to be replaced by Yzerman based solely on the results of these NCAA signings. Can't wait.

Well seeing as how Tampa's out of a playoff spot for the second year in a row despite playing in a weak-ass division, I can see why people would want that. :eh:

Wonder what happens to the Stevie/Tampa love next season when they're in the same division as the Wings.

Nobody here (I hope) wants to see Steve's team tank and become an embarrassment lol. I hope they're a good rival next season.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/21932148/danny-dekeyser-the-college-defenseman-every-nhl-team-wants

There is a link to an article on Dekeyser. I know Leftwinger will certainly be reading this ;)

Anyways little optimistic on us getting him. Wont get my hopes all that high.

Edited by Hockey13Playa

I'm not really disappointed in this. From all accounts that I read, it sounds like this Sustr kid was really only getting attention because he is 6'8". His game apparently needs attention (especially with skating from what I read), and he probably wouldn't have been such a big deal if he was of average height.

I'm not really disappointed in this. From all accounts that I read, it sounds like this Sustr kid was really only getting attention because he is 6'8". His game apparently needs attention (especially with skating from what I read), and he probably wouldn't have been such a big deal if he was of average height.

No, don't get it wrong. Sustr's ceiling is supposed to surpass that of Danny DeKeysers. Only, they project that Danny DeKeyser is more matured and developed at this current time. Sustr needs a year or two to develop his game, but that's expected in reality. DeKeyser took a HUGE step in his game going from Junior to Senior year. He still says that if he feels at the end of this season, his body isn't up to shape to NHL standards he would have no problem waiting it out and playing another year before hitting the big show. He's very adamant about being ready for the NHL and not jumping the gun too early. The only thing that really scares me about Tampa Bay is:

a.) They have Steve Yzerman as their GM now. We got to experience Yzerman throughout his playing years. We look to him as our baby Jesus basically (I do). I would LOVE to play hockey under Steve Yzerman, no doubt about it.

b.) They have a younger group of players and lifestyle off the ice.

c.) They have an up and coming team, with a huge blueline.

d.) His defensive partner through his career and currently, is with Tampa Bay. He would beable to stick with him.

Luckily for US:

a.) He has played under Jeff Blashill previously with Western. Jeff Blashill now coaches the Griffins, so he would have experience with the coach.

b.) He wants to be fully developed and he wants to be in a good development camp; the wings can supply that

c.) He grew up watching the Wings

d.) Jim Nill is close with his family, and I believe he has played hockey with Nill's son.

e.) He is most likely dating, or screwing around with the ladies near WMU right now. He is a younger player. He can play for the Red Wings, his childhood team, and be local to all the friends and girls he knows. He could continue relationships that he previously has right now (I can't for sure say he has one right now, but i'm almost positive he does.) We all know how much relationships can play apart in signings, look no further than Parise and Suter.

f.) **edit** oh yeah, he would continue playing at the Joe, which he's experienced so much memories with WMU.

g.) He see's his childhood team having defensive troubles right now. He knows he can plug a very big hole in that defense right now. Wouldn't you love to be that guy your team needed? You know they just lost out on Suter. You know they didn't get Sustr. You know the free agent market is weak for defensemen. You could boost your team's defensive core with them losing no assets.

Edited by evilzyme

It's all on Holland. Nobody can offer him more money, nobody can offer him more years. It just all depends if Holland really wants to make his team better now AND down the road by giving this kid a contract and the icetime all for the cost of ZERO in return. The ONLY reason Dekeyser doesn't sign with the Wings is because Holland wouldn't guarantee him NHL time. And if he signs somewhere else then Holland really needs to be fired for refusing to make his team better...this is a no brainer on both ends, it's all up to Holland. If he loses out on Danny D, I will lose ALL faith in Holland as a competent GM. Period.