• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Adidarw

Adidarw

All Day I Dream About Red Wings

• HoF Booster
  • 419 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

There we have it: Red Wings vs Maple Leafs at Michigan Stadium, take 2.

http://drw.mihelcich...chigan-stadium/

#2 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

Errr, it's still not "official" until it's announced by the NHL.  All that the story confirms is that the UM Board of Regents voted to allow the NHL to use the Big House for the 2014 Winter Classic.  The story goes on to state that the NHL is "closing on terms" with UM and the Tigers to use their stadiums for the weeklong festival.

So I've edited the topic title for now.  Although we all know it's likely a foregone conclusion, there's still nothing "official" about the game, other than Michigan will allow the NHL to use their stadium for the game.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#3 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

Well this is good to hear at least. From the quotes i've been hearing recently, it wasn't even known anymore that the Leafs and Red Wings were playing next year (even though they were quoted saying that it would simply just be pushed back a year). Bettman was quoted saying that he wasn't sure about next years Winter Classic and that because of this lockout, they wanted to bring in 2 more outdoor games. One located on the East coast, and one on the West coast, completely taking away from the shine of the Winter Classic. If they seriously turn this "Winter Classic" into a gonger like "Hockey Day in America v2.0" i'm going to freak. One event, one game, let it get national spotlight. Leave the numerous games to Hockey Day in America....

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.