• Please log in to reply
452 replies to this topic

#441 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Howard's performance was overlooked, as usual.

Anyhow, it seems that Abdelkader does having some scoring talent. He really wanted the puck last night, and got to the right areas to shoot it. Perhaps it's a confidence issue?

#442 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

People pick on Smith for some reason......toots needs to set them stright!

Are they just tryin to break him?

Smith doesn't need anyone protecting him.  He can fight.

#443 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

Howard's performance was overlooked, as usual.

Anyhow, it seems that Abdelkader does having some scoring talent. He really wanted the puck last night, and got to the right areas to shoot it. Perhaps it's a confidence issue?

This thread got really quiet last night the more and more the game got out of reach..the usual negative people have nothing to ***** about so they just disappear..it was very refreshing.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#444 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,989 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

From what (little) I've seen of the game (highlights + first period)...Howard was ungodly good. Mad props.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#445 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

From what (little) I've seen of the game (highlights + first period)...Howard was ungodly good. Mad props.

He was the difference..Abby's hatty is obviously the story but Jimmy kept us in it until we got our crap together.  The ice was heavily tilted at some points.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#446 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,599 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

Wonder if this performance enhances Abdelkader's confidence and he morphs into a 20 goal scorer. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#447 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

So, that really happened, Abdelkader DID get a 'trick? I thought I just had some really absurd dream last night and I had to come here to see if it was real....

But I know that Detroit getting three fighting majors by three different players in the same game wasn't real. It couldn't be. 

We are finally starting to get bigger, plus we have tootoo, Ericsson, Smith, Lashoff, and sometimes Abby who are all willing to drop the gloves whenever needed

NO WAY!  were you there?  really?

luv it!

Bobbys a good guy,  thats why i dont understand why he wanted smith?  something happend we didnt see

IIRC it was because he was defending Selanne, or at least defending selanne's dives lol

#448 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,989 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

abdelkader.jpg

Edited by Dabura, 23 March 2013 - 01:21 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#449 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,989 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

(Wow, I'm posting a lot in this thread. Sorry. Padding my post count.)

I noticed some peeps were all wtf @ Ryan stalking Smith. Just saw on the encore presentation - Smith had laid Ryan out in a corner.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#450 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,867 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

(Wow, I'm posting a lot in this thread. Sorry. Padding my post count.)

I noticed some peeps were all wtf @ Ryan stalking Smith. Just saw on the encore presentation - Smith had laid Ryan out in a corner.

I only saw highlights too but I'm pretty sure he did it twice. 

Knocked Ryan on his butt, later Ryan tries to redeem himself and hit Smith.  Smith knocks him on his butt again. 

#451 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,546 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

Well none of the fights were all that impressive, but we gave as good as we got.  Anaheim didn't have their A game last night and they were clearly frustrated, which led to them doing the only thing they know how to spark their team...which is apparently having your core skill players fight our depth players to draws.  All of those fights should have turned out worse for them though, they're lucky.  They were mismatched each time. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#452 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

Great game-fell asleep in the 2nd int after working 12 hours and had to get up at 4am... Anyway. Anytime you can go on the road and destroy the 2nd best team in the WC it is a good night. Howard held us in untill Abby got shooting and the rest is history.

Now lets not get carried away with Abby. yes he has played hard all year and was getting far to much hate here by many. But he is not a 20 goal scorer. Just not his game. 15-18 maybe. Last night may very be his best offesive night of his career, and we needed it.

This will set up a hcek of a game for Sunday night!

#453 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

The biggest question for me coming out the game is whether or not Selanne will be able to dive like a 42 year old if he's still playing at 50.