• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
P. Marlowe

Larry Murphy Fired by FSD

Rate this topic

I agree with most of the sentiment on here, total BS. If ratings are down, which I doubt, there's no way you put it on Murph. Something else has to be going on here.

Pierre McGuire is a trillion times worse than Murph. I HATE Pierre with the white hot rage of thousand burning suns and if the WIngs are on NBC I'll stream the radio broadcast instead of listening to inane babbling.

Pierre McGuire is a trillion times worse than Murph. I HATE Pierre with the white hot rage of thousand burning suns and if the WIngs are on NBC I'll stream the radio broadcast instead of listening to inane babbling.

I somehow can stand him but I understand how he can drive people nuts. That was funny though man, well said.

By the way, anyone catch Chris Therian on NBC...terrible and one goofy lookin dude. Murph could take his job in a second.

I'd rather see Murph stammering through the intermission than the emotionless post they have now.

I wonder if he got too tipsy and said something he shouldn't have.

That's what I was thinking too. Maybe he wasn't a such a good drunk.

This is absolute garbage. We should voice our opinion to FSD and let them know that they made the wrong choice here. While Murphy wasn't the smoothest talker, he knew what he was talking about and gave an inside edition on things concerning the franchise. It was awesome having Murph and Mickey on the crew to speak on behalf of their times with the organization. I'm honestly upset about this decision! I don't believe for a second that ratings had ANYTHING to do with this.

This ^^^

Wow... this really sucks. I'm actually pretty pissed about this. I liked Murph a lot. I feel bad for him, with it coming out of the blue like that... not fair to him at all. Hopefully he can manage to find a new job somewhere else. I'll miss him.

Edited by wingsgirl001

Guest Crymson

I get the feeling that Murphy's alcohol habits were involved. There have been times when he has been clearly watered during broadcasts.

Will they replace Murph with some serious eye candy?

I like babes as much as the next guy, if not more, but I don't lke eye candy that is there for the sole purpose of being eye candy fluff. I'd rather listen to Murph talk about the game I'm watching than listen to Eva Menendez read the script that some else wrote for her while trying to lok like she actally knows what she's talking about

I like Mickey and Murph because they are a coupe of veterans talkng hockey and don't follw the same ESPN sports guy formula. The Wings experience is all about nostalgia, and he is an integral part of it.

Edit: The ratings are tanking because of the product on the ice: I was dreading watching the Anaheim game all day long because I could not bear to watch them play half hearted and get destroyed by frikin Anaheim. (Luckily, I decided to have the game on while I did other things, but you get the point).

Edited by T.Low