• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
P. Marlowe

Larry Murphy Fired by FSD

Rate this topic

Anybody see that Volunteer Energy commercial with Drapes and Osgood? If you have there's no way you can say either of those guys would be better in front of a camera than Murph with a straight face.

Hey, it's only a matter of time before their acting careers take off

:hehe:

I'm not that upset. Murph grew on me over the years, but rolling with Ken and Mick is perfectly fine with me. To Murphy's credit, he has improved as a broadcaster. I remember early on he couldn't form sentences and didn't really add any insight to the color commentary. He still stumbled at times, but he could articulate about hockey at least somewhat coherently.

The timing is quite odd. Imagine the entertainment value if Ozzie was down there. That would be my first choice, but I doubt he has any ambition for it.

So long, Johnny-on-the-spot.

I agree concerning a petition, or an "e-card" for Murph...

I've always liked him; the guy's a multi-Cup winning Dman; a hockey HOF member; he's rather funny - especially when paired with John Keating...

It really boggles my mind as to whom FSD will replace him with.

I'll bet SHE is a blonde with really BIG.....hands.

John Keating rules! His analogies are legendary. Anybody remember when he compared complaining about the refs to listening to Pearl Jam? Something about how it feels good at the time but in the end it doesn't make a lot of sense. Killed me. Unfortunately he splits time with the Tigers so I don't think he'll be the replacement, which is a bummer. It'll probably be Shannon Hogan for some dumb reason.

Whoa, didn't see that coming. I was esking my buddy during last nights game, where's Murph?

Being perfectly honest though, we should be happy he lasted as long as he did. While we all loved him, he wasn't really that great of a commentator or color guy, and I could swear he was either drunk or on opiates for at least a quarter of the games he called.

Wtf??? They don't just fire someone like Murph mid-season for ratings. He must have come to work drunk a few times...people on here have made jokes about it, and here we are. Sucks.

its bull crap that he got fired. i really hope his replacement is another old wing. osgood and draper would be good choices because they speak really well

Drapes would be an amazing color guy, but he's under contract to the Wings as some sort of assistant isn't he? Or is he in GR?