• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
P. Marlowe

Larry Murphy Fired by FSD

Rate this topic

"I own, I own, undershand why there's a whale on their shersey..."

So all this talk of murph doing broadcast drunk, I figured I'd check YouTube to see if anything was on it.

He definitely sounds drunk in this clip

There is already a big void when Mickey makes a laughing inside joke type remark...about officiating or old time hockey, or whatever...murph was always a great sidekick, always there to add to Mickey's line of thinking...making it even more funny...now it's a one and done comment as Daniels continues to call the play by play without commenting...

There's obviously more to the story than we know.

There is already a big void when Mickey makes a laughing inside joke type remark...about officiating or old time hockey, or whatever...murph was always a great sidekick, always there to add to Mickey's line of thinking...making it even more funny...now it's a one and done comment as Daniels continues to call the play by play without commenting...

dude.....so true.

Guest RedWingsDad

pssh, it's worse than that... Daniels often get's on my nerves when he outright contradicts Mick. For example, in last nights game Mick was talking about Iginla and how saying he would only allow a trade to certain teams is saying that he thinks only those teams are cup contenders.... and how he hopes it wasn't the media inventing that line of thought, as opposed to Iginla actually saying it... and Ken interruppted at some point and said "Well, it's his choice..." or something. Sounds minor, but he is frequently contradicting Mick in general, about penalties that Mick is complaining about, about the how the game has changed (for the worse) etc. I usually find myself agreeing with Mick and want Ken to shut up. lol

I have wondered if the powers that be have ordered Ken to keep Mick in line about bashing the refs and the league so as not to bring the leagues ire down on the organization.

/endrant

Edited by RedWingsDad

So... Anyone know Big Mac is doing these days? He wasn't bad when he was on NHL Network

A friend told me that he can often be found drinking at a couple of different bars in the Clawson/Troy area... Not sure how true that is...

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

So... Anyone know Big Mac is doing these days? He wasn't bad when he was on NHL Network

he was bad on the NHL Network.

very bad, actually.

People are speculating that Murph got fired for being a drunk and now some are suggesting that McCarty take over? I've personally in a bar with McCarty a few tables over while he got loaded. Not really sure if the "pawn star" is the right way to go here.

Honestly, Pierre gets a lot of hate because of his "love" for the Penguins but that man has the sickest amount of hockey knowledge on this earth. There is no question in my mind that Pierre is one of the most knowledgeable and passionate hockey commentators. Would I want him on FSD? No. He wouldn't be good working or a single team, but he does a damn good job at working national games. He has the knowledge and can talk the game. He certainly isn't worst than Doc "DRIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" Emrick.

I am not commenting in any way on his hockey knowledge. I just personally find him extremely annoying to listen to. I honestly can not put into words how much I can't stand listening to him. I'm getting annoyed just thinking about him. I would rather listen to slince.... or Jim Carey making that annoying sound from Dumb and Dumber... or Nickelback.

People are speculating that Murph got fired for being a drunk and now some are suggesting that McCarty take over? I've personally in a bar with McCarty a few tables over while he got loaded. Not really sure if the "pawn star" is the right way to go here.

Agreed.

As much as I liked the guy as a player compared to Mac, Murph is articulate and polished.

Can we keep the talk about Murphy's alleged alcoholism to a minimum? I know it doesn't really violate any forum rules, and it's just an honest discussion, but we have no indication whatsoever that he has a drinking problem. For all we know he's a teetotaler. I'd hate to see LGW become known as the forum that dragged Larry Murphy's name through the mud for no reason whatsoever.

I feel like the speculation started out innocently enough, but it's picked up some steam and it's suddenly become no longer speculation.

Can we keep the talk about Murphy's alleged alcoholism to a minimum? I know it doesn't really violate any forum rules, and it's just an honest discussion, but we have no indication whatsoever that he has a drinking problem. For all we know he's a teetotaler. I'd hate to see LGW become known as the forum that dragged Larry Murphy's name through the mud for no reason whatsoever.

I feel like the speculation started out innocently enough, but it's picked up some steam and it's suddenly become no longer speculation.

For real. You would think Murph has had a couple of Mel Gibson moments from the way people around here talk about him. The way I see it is there is nothing that suggests anything other than the fact that murph is just awkward on camera.

For real. You would think Murph has had a couple of Mel Gibson moments from the way people around here talk about him. The way I see it is there is nothing that suggests anything other than the fact that murph is just awkward on camera.

Absolutely and the proof is in the pudding. I'm sorry but there is zero percent chance Larry Murphy taped that Nashville intro while under the influence, yet he still was rambling, mumbling, and falling over his own words. He simply just had a little trouble getting what he wanted out sometimes. I can do the same thing time to time, I can understand this. Anyone does. He just did it at a more accelerated rate which makes me think he actually had a problem. I don't think awkwardness played a huge role, but it could have been influential. He did play professional hockey in front of millions, and has been on the air for over 10 years now, I can't say he still has the jitters being in-front of the camera.

I think the biggest thing is what VM just said. I would HATE for these rumors to get into the media and run rampant.