• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
P. Marlowe

Larry Murphy Fired by FSD

Rate this topic

264 posts in this topic

I agree with most of the sentiment on here, total BS. If ratings are down, which I doubt, there's no way you put it on Murph. Something else has to be going on here.

Pierre McGuire is a trillion times worse than Murph. I HATE Pierre with the white hot rage of thousand burning suns and if the WIngs are on NBC I'll stream the radio broadcast instead of listening to inane babbling.

Pierre McGuire is a trillion times worse than Murph. I HATE Pierre with the white hot rage of thousand burning suns and if the WIngs are on NBC I'll stream the radio broadcast instead of listening to inane babbling.

I somehow can stand him but I understand how he can drive people nuts. That was funny though man, well said.

By the way, anyone catch Chris Therian on NBC...terrible and one goofy lookin dude. Murph could take his job in a second.

I'd rather see Murph stammering through the intermission than the emotionless post they have now.

I wonder if he got too tipsy and said something he shouldn't have.

That's what I was thinking too. Maybe he wasn't a such a good drunk.

This is absolute garbage. We should voice our opinion to FSD and let them know that they made the wrong choice here. While Murphy wasn't the smoothest talker, he knew what he was talking about and gave an inside edition on things concerning the franchise. It was awesome having Murph and Mickey on the crew to speak on behalf of their times with the organization. I'm honestly upset about this decision! I don't believe for a second that ratings had ANYTHING to do with this.

This ^^^

Wow... this really sucks. I'm actually pretty pissed about this. I liked Murph a lot. I feel bad for him, with it coming out of the blue like that... not fair to him at all. Hopefully he can manage to find a new job somewhere else. I'll miss him.

Edited by wingsgirl001

If you're on twitter, a hashtag has emerged. #BringBackMurph

Trying to get it trending.

With the garbage in broadcasting around the NHL (Colorado, Pittsburgh, Columbus), this is strange. I'm almost certain that the whole "ratings" bit was a cop-out. Nobody turns off the TV because Larry Murphy was between the benches.

Didn't see this one coming. Hmmm...

That sucks, Murph was growing nicely into the awkward, funny, hall of fame, former Wing, cult hero. It had to be something other then ratings.

Guess they were tired of the bumbling....

Wonder who will take over...i remember when shawn burr did some and so did.Ray Ferraro....and Doug Brown.

Edited by LeftWinger

I liked it how they all had roles: Mickey was the old-timer with stories, Larry was the enthusiastic analyst who had a really good eye for the game and often fumbled on words, and Ken was the one who kept his feet on the ground and the whole thing together.

sputman, Nev and Rebound like this

Sorry Murph!! Good luck with whatever happens next...I personlly think he should open a Murphy Dog stand outside the Joe...

sputman likes this

This is absurd! Who didn't love Murphy, goofy as he was. This is very sad. As Nev said, you blame ratings for a hockey game on the Pierre McGuire of your local broadcast team? "Damn, Larry is on again, can't watch my Wings tonight"... Gimme a break!

LGW should prepare a petition, or at least a thank you/support card.

I think he was entertaining. Not exactly the brightest or best, but loveable goof. What more do you want?

I agree concerning a petition, or an "e-card" for Murph...

I've always liked him; the guy's a multi-Cup winning Dman; a hockey HOF member; he's rather funny - especially when paired with John Keating...

It really boggles my mind as to whom FSD will replace him with.

T.Low likes this

I get the feeling that Murphy's alcohol habits were involved. There have been times when he has been clearly watered during broadcasts.

Guess they were tired of the bumbling....

Wonder who will take over...i remember when shawn burr did some and so did.Ray Ferraro....and Doug Brown.

Wonder what Darren McCarty, or Joe Kocur have been up to these days?

IMHO either one of them would be interesting...I recall McCarty doing some work on "VS" a few years ago, and he seemed to do a pretty good job.

I get the feeling that Murphy's alcohol habits were involved. There have been times when he has been clearly watered during broadcasts.

Ok - I gotta ask...

Others here alluded to Murph's possible alcohol consumption while at work for FSD...Is there any proof, or is it all speculation?

The reason why I ask is that I myself never really noticed him under the influence while broadcasting, or "UIB"...Then again I'm usually having a few drinks myself while watching the game :crazy: