• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#21 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

This is absolute garbage. We should voice our opinion to FSD and let them know that they made the wrong choice here. While Murphy wasn't the smoothest talker, he knew what he was talking about and gave an inside edition on things concerning the franchise. It was awesome having Murph and Mickey on the crew to speak on behalf of their times with the organization. I'm honestly upset about this decision! I don't believe for a second that ratings had ANYTHING to do with this.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#22 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

Well, then fire Greg Hammaren! 

#23 MisfitJake

MisfitJake

Magically Delicious

• Gold Booster
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

This is absolute garbage. We should voice our opinion to FSD and let them know that they made the wrong choice here. While Murphy wasn't the smoothest talker, he knew what he was talking about and gave an inside edition on things concerning the franchise. It was awesome having Murph and Mickey on the crew to speak on behalf of their times with the organization. I'm honestly upset about this decision! I don't believe for a second that ratings had ANYTHING to do with this.

Someone started an online petition, not sure how much weight these things carry but here you go:

http://www.ipetition...e-larry-murphy/

In a past life, too, it's a kind of thing that catches up to you. I guess I just believe that it's the thing to do. So here's a little feedback, you gotta wear those shoes.
No one said it would be easy, sometimes it is hard to do. It isn't like the TV, you see the cold hard truth. And the things you see in movies, just don't come true.

#24 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

+1

Lets storm the castle...I call dibs on taking out that skinny Justin guy that's on there sometimes. In all seriousness though, I think they biffed big time. We seen Murph doing the game up on the FSN perch at the Joe one time and I think everybody chanted "hot dogs" at him...priceless.

#25 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,897 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

I'd rather see Murph stammering through the intermission than the emotionless post they have now.

I wonder if he got too tipsy and said something he shouldn't have.

#26 Phil Lesh

Phil Lesh

Silver apples in the sun.

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

I agree with most of the sentiment on here, total BS. If ratings are down, which I doubt, there's no way you put it on Murph. Something else has to be going on here.

Pierre McGuire is a trillion times worse than Murph. I HATE Pierre with the white hot rage of thousand burning suns and if the WIngs are on NBC I'll stream the radio broadcast instead of listening to inane babbling.

#27 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:30 AM

No way they fire him in the middle of the season unless something happened, I think.

Sucks, though.

Posted Image

#28 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

What the? 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#29 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

Pierre McGuire is a trillion times worse than Murph. I HATE Pierre with the white hot rage of thousand burning suns and if the WIngs are on NBC I'll stream the radio broadcast instead of listening to inane babbling.

I somehow can stand him but I understand how he can drive people nuts. That was funny though man, well said.

By the way, anyone catch Chris Therian on NBC...terrible and one goofy lookin dude. Murph could take his job in a second.

#30 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

I'd rather see Murph stammering through the intermission than the emotionless post they have now.

I wonder if he got too tipsy and said something he shouldn't have.

That's what I was thinking too. Maybe he wasn't a such a good drunk.

This ^^^

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#31 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

Wow... this really sucks. I'm actually pretty pissed about this. I liked Murph a lot. I feel bad for him, with it coming out of the blue like that... not fair to him at all. Hopefully he can manage to find a new job somewhere else. I'll miss him.

Edited by wingsgirl001, 23 March 2013 - 10:01 AM.

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#32 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,806 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

If you're on twitter, a hashtag has emerged. #BringBackMurph

Trying to get it trending.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#33 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

With the garbage in broadcasting around the NHL (Colorado, Pittsburgh, Columbus), this is strange. I'm almost  certain that the whole "ratings" bit was a cop-out. Nobody turns off the TV because Larry Murphy was between the benches. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#34 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

Murphy out....Homer in. Now THAT would increase ratings?

#35 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

Didn't see this one coming.   Hmmm...

Posted Image

#36 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

That sucks, Murph was growing nicely into the awkward, funny, hall of fame, former Wing, cult hero. It had to be something other then ratings.

#37 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,617 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

Guess they were tired of the bumbling....

Wonder who will take over...i remember when shawn burr did some and so did.Ray Ferraro....and Doug Brown.

Edited by LeftWinger, 23 March 2013 - 10:37 AM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#38 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

But.. But.. But now who's going to break it down between periods?! :(

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#39 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

I liked it how they all had roles: Mickey was the old-timer with stories, Larry was the enthusiastic analyst who had a really good eye for the game and often fumbled on words, and Ken was the one who kept his feet on the ground and the whole thing together.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#40 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

Sorry Murph!!  Good luck with whatever happens next...I personlly think he should open a Murphy Dog stand outside the Joe...

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.