• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
uk_redwing

Interesting stat for fight fans

Rate this topic

Last night was the first time Detroit had 3 fighting majors in a regular season game since October 30th 2003 against Nashville when they had 9 majors, including one against Tootoo.

If anyone wants to re-live that glorious game and the ass kickings by McCarty, Fischer and co. here you go:

http://www.dropyourgloves.com/Fights/GameEvents.aspx?Game=25149

I'm gonna post this one because it was an all time fight classic:

Edit: best post this one as well...

Edited by uk_redwing

sadly I do believe we lost that game...didn't Shanny fight Tootoo?

edit: Nope it was Hall....

Hey BTW, listen to the guy commentating with Ken Daniels, I think its Ray Ferraro! You can really hear him well on the first McCarty fight...how ironic, I mention him in the Murph thread and then one of his broadcasts appears in a different thread....nice!

Edited by LeftWinger

My stat was so interesting it found it's way into an article on MLive.

That's funny, I wonder if Khaaaaan! lurks the boards.

It is believed to be the first time the Red Wings have had three fighting majors in a regular season game since Oct. 30, 2003, at Nashville, when they had nine.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/03/red_wings_braced_to_face_bunch.html

Guest irishock

I like Hartnell a lot actually.

Can't hate a guy who is Pittsburgh's number 1 local enemy

Edited by irishock

I wouldn't be surprised if Khan or some other media folks lurk or post here. It seems like a lot of stuff we discuss is cleared up even by Ken and Mickey during games (ie LGW hating on Abby on a line with Datsyuk, then all of a sudden we hear Ken Daniels implying that Datsyuk wants Abdelkader on his line).

I wouldn't be surprised if Khan or some other media folks lurk or post here. It seems like a lot of stuff we discuss is cleared up even by Ken and Mickey during games (ie LGW hating on Abby on a line with Datsyuk, then all of a sudden we hear Ken Daniels implying that Datsyuk wants Abdelkader on his line).

I sure as hell wouldn't be surprised...afterall, this forum is one of the most popular on the internet, someone famous, somewhere HAS to know about us...or, like me, knows some people here and there, or knows someone who knows someone...if they aren't lurking on here personally, you are guaranteed to have the Kevin Bacon effect...six degrees of separation...

I just wouldn't be surprised at who we are actually talking to...

Highly doubt it, most media people do have some connections to internal sources maybe not to the degree of guys like Dreger, Lebrun and MacKenzie but still. Discussions we as fans have are a different beast.

Just reminded by Wife about this game. We met online because we were both Wings fans...she actually told me about LGW. This game was within two weeks of our first date. She taped it but I got to see it live, think she had to work. This is the craziest game we had with a team that wasn't the Avalanche. I've always remembered when it was because of the sequence of events of that time

Btw...How bout those few rights in a row by McCarty...dang. I miss Jiri for real.

Edited by achildr1

Fun stat for fight fans, George St. Pierre retired a few months ago with a 26-2 record, having avenged both fights he lost.  Upon retirement he'd beaten every man he ever stepped into the cage with, he's a 4 time (2 Division) champion, and defeated 8 champions or former champions.  And he did it all without the use of PEDs.  Legend. 

19 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

During the 2008/09 there were 734 fights

*10 years later*

This season there were 226 fights

In unrelated news the NHL will announce that players will be required to wear bras to start the 2020 season

Sweet.  Penalties are down. 

5 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Fun stat for fight fans, George St. Pierre retired a few months ago with a 26-2 record, having avenged both fights he lost.  Upon retirement he'd beaten every man he ever stepped into the cage with, he's a 4 time (2 Division) champion, and defeated 8 champions or former champions.  And he did it all without the use of PEDs.  Legend. 

Sweet.  Penalties are down. 

I love GSP

21 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Me too.  Really bummed they couldn't make a fight with Khabib work before he retired.  I love Nurmagomedov too and it would have been one hell of a bout. 

I would have liked to see them both go in their prime. Unfortunately I think Khabib would prolly wreck GSP now, but like 5 years ago? IDK