• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

If we win next 6 games, expect a trade

Rate this topic

We don't need to trade anyone for him, just need to intice him to sign here. I wouldn't want to trade him away for anyone though. He seems to be a nick jr. to me

The scouting report on him is that he's a stay at home defender with a little offensive upside. I wouldn't get too carried away by the Nic comparisons.

He didn't say we had to win them all, he said the next six games will likely determine whether we're in the playoffs or not, and if we are then there would be a trade. His exact words were something like, "we need to win some games before trading makes any sense" or something to that effect.

Wow... way to take that article waaaay out of context. All it is saying is "if we are in playoff contention, a trade is possible" isn't that the case for every team every year?

Op made is sound like Kenny has a deal wrapped up with the condition that 6 games are won. (Sounds pretty ridiculous doesn't it)

He didn't say we had to win them all, he said the next six games will likely determine whether we're in the playoffs or not, and if we are then there would be a trade. His exact words were something like, "we need to win some games before trading makes any sense" or something to that effect.

We're likely to be around .500 in the next 6 games, just like the whole season.

Whether we make the playoffs will depend on the last two or three games, imo.

That shouldn't decide whether Holland does or doesn't make a trade to improve this team's future.

Edited by GMRwings1983

We're likely to be around .500 in the next 6 games, just like the whole season.

Whether we make the playoffs will depend on the last two or three games, imo.

That shouldn't decide whether Holland does or doesn't make a trade to improve this team's future.

I agree, I'm just repeating what he was saying in the interview. Here's his words from the interview and the link if you're interested...

“We got to win some games first,'' Holland said Friday, prior to the game against Anaheim. “I look at the trade deadline and there's buyers and sellers and (teams that) stand pat. Those that stand pat are teams on the bubble.

“You don't want to throw a lot of assets at something (if) you're not sure you're going to (make) the playoffs. So we need to win some games.''

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/03/red_wings_gm_ken_holland_says_3.html

I agree, I'm just repeating what he was saying in the interview. Here's his words from the interview and the link if you're interested...

We got to win some games first,'' Holland said Friday, prior to the game against Anaheim. I look at the trade deadline and there's buyers and sellers and (teams that) stand pat. Those that stand pat are teams on the bubble.

You don't want to throw a lot of assets at something (if) you're not sure you're going to (make) the playoffs. So we need to win some games.''

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/03/red_wings_gm_ken_holland_says_3.html

Kenny is saying absolutely nothing of any substance here other than basically "we'll see what happens" like he always does. Then when it passes he'll say we are saving cap room for July 1st.

Kenny is saying absolutely nothing of any substance here other than basically "we'll see what happens" like he always does. Then when it passes he'll say we are saving cap room for July 1st.

Well, he is sort of stating the obvious but you can see that he's taking a smart approach. We don't want to see the Wings mortgage the future to acquire a big name that won't really help them make the playoffs. If they're sitting at 5-7 after the next six games then I would expect to see a trade or two.

great i feel a 1st round pick leaving as well as nyquist + and a 1st/2nd round if were lucky exit ... i cant see us winning the cup at all this year so we shouldnt be throwing away assets for a rental

Yeah but a couple of non rentals might really help us and given what we've got coming in a few years I'd be willing to take the chance. Say Fanzen + 2nd for Gaborik, and Smith + Tatar + 1st for Yandle.

All predicated on signing Dekeyser of course.

Wow... way to take that article waaaay out of context. All it is saying is "if we are in playoff contention, a trade is possible" isn't that the case for every team every year?

Op made is sound like Kenny has a deal wrapped up with the condition that 6 games are won. (Sounds pretty ridiculous doesn't it)

I wouldn't go that far, he did say he was talking trades wednesday...

:lol:

Yeah - Sammy/Bert/Helm/Cola will all be our additions...

On a serious not - I don't expect anything...We don't have alot to offer, and I honestly dunno what's available that'll make us "better"?

Me thinks Holland will be quiet come deadline, and that's fine by me...We handed the Ducks their ass last night, and we gave those jerks in Chicago a run for their $$$ when we played them...As long as the Wings finish in the top 8 - anything can happen, and I think we could pull off an upset in the 1st round.

I think the fact that we've beaten the Ducks and played strong against Chicago is a testament to how competitive a team we really have. But the fact that we lost to the Ducks once, and Chicago twice is a testament to how we need a piece or two to get over the hump. I've been saying for a while that we're not a bad team, and that we really are only a piece or two away from being a Cup contender. Those games you mentioned only illustrate that point for me.

I think the fact that we've beaten the Ducks and played strong against Chicago is a testament to how competitive a team we really have. But the fact that we lost to the Ducks once, and Chicago twice is a testament to how we need a piece or two to get over the hump. I've been saying for a while that we're not a bad team, and that we really are only a piece or two away from being a Cup contender. Those games you mentioned only illustrate that point for me.

Would that piece to have gotten by Chicago have been scratching Ericsson for that game? ;)