• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

If we win next 6 games, expect a trade

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

I would prefer to not see the Wings buy this season.

I will admit that it would be hilarious to see the deadline slappies get all excited about Holland making a big deal and then vilify him for trading away assets if the Wings don't end up winning. Of course, I would rather not see that happen.

Would that piece to have gotten by Chicago have been scratching Ericsson for that game? ;)

No, but I do think that that's a part of it. Ericsson has played outstanding this season, but he's not a top pairing defenseman. We need a legit top six and top four, and if we don't have those and keep relying on guys to "take the next step" or "dust the cobwebs off" or whatever then we're going to stay exactly as we are, a good team that's missing the right pieces.

Abby's game last night is a prime example. Good for him for playing that well, and it sure worked out last night. But he's not a top six winger, and I don't think there's anybody (aside from the reactionary dips***s at the Free Press) who feels comfortable relying on him to play that way. Does anybody think he could be a difference maker like that in a seven game series? Does anybody think that Ericsson could shut down top lines on top teams consistently in a series? The fact that they've done as well as they have is a god send, but without actual high end pieces our luck will run cold eventually.

I will admit that it would be hilarious to see the deadline slappies get all excited about Holland making a big deal and then vilify him for trading away assets if the Wings don't end up winning. Of course, I would rather not see that happen.

Your rhetorical b.s. aside, nobody thinks that an acquisition guarantees us anything. But not making moves and playing .500 hockey all but guarantees we won't even get close.

Also, it's not like the only guys available are rentals. You could get guys that have a shelf life, you'd just have to pay for them.

It's somewhat misleading to suggest that the Wings will trade "if they win the next 6 games".

It's unlikely that they'll win the next 6 ... does that mean there will be no trades? I always expect trades, someone will be traded for, or to ... it's the nature of the business.

I hope that you don't think Holland will attempt to load up for a long playoff run by trading young propects and picks for the available superstar, because there isn't any superstars available.

Not that I don't think the Wings are incapable of a run ... they certainly are, if healthy.

I wonder who you could be referring to? :ninja:

I certainly hope for a deal. I still think that some team out there is going to inquire about Filppula and Nyquist. I will repeat, I DO NOT want to get rid of our 1st round pick this year! Are you listening Kenny?

If a trade were to be made, I would believe it would be for a scorer...I'd be interested in Iginla or Gaborik. I know those two guys are oft talked about in trade scenarios...I'd also like Clowe or Morrow...

Who could we trade Quincey back to Colorado for?

I am gonna break it out again....Franzine to DAL for Morrow...that trade scenario is always good for some controversial debating! Hell throw Jagr in too!

Edited by LeftWinger

I keep hearing Drew Stafford some fool on the score mentioned us as a possible partner for Buffalo today. I'm gonna say if there is a goal scoring winger available like Stafford go get him. I will say if anyone wants to trade Smith, your crazy. Easily our best dman played 20 minutes last night, he's just about to break out.

Kenny should make a trade either way.

^This. Since when is Detroit a team that sits by and waits to see if they are in the playoff picture???? Kenny if you are not sure then make a deal so that we are not in question.

Uh, nevermind....I just looked up Gaborik's salary for this and next year....$7.5M....no thanks...too much money for next year...if he were a UFA after this year, then no prob.

I would still LOVE to pry Bobby Ryan out of Anaheim, but then I wake up..... :lol:

Rumor has Colorado maybe moving Stastny....he is a center, but I think he would fit nicely with Dats.... ahhh, dream on, dream until you dreams come true....

Edited by LeftWinger

Let's look at the back end first:

Ericsson is big, better at defending now, and even scores every once in a while. needs to shoot more.

Kindl is rounding into a REAL NHL defenseman this year.

Smith's effective first year, since he's only really played spots before

White: Useless. Trade him or Amnesty him

Coca-cola: Injured. Often. Barely played this year. If he turns out to suck, trade or waive.

Lashoff: Who saw this coming? Rookie (half) year, and looks pretty good.

Kronwall: I wish he'd hit more. But we have him locked up untill 2019.

Huskins: Worked good as a shutdown D-man this year when Covo went down. Could be a trade piece to someone looking to shore up their 2nd/3rd pairing (and Pittsburgh's defense is as porous as a doylie)

Quincey: Needs to get angry, as it only seems that he scores/defends/does well when he's hitting/charging/pushing. Look on his LA days for evidence of that.

Forwards that aren't Z, Pasha, Helm, or Brunner:

Cleary: UFA after this year, and no one wants him.

Sammy: Injured. Again. Logo Hunter and old. Waive, trade to a cap-floor team, or Amnesty.

Andersson: Young, played capably, stayed up with the big club. could be an involved prospect

Same goes for Nyquist, Tatar, Emmerton.

Tootoo: WE NEED GRIT. DO NOT TRADE OUR GRIT (unless you get someone more capable with scoring as well as with the fists)

Miller: 3rd liner, who would take him?

Eaves: Almost as bad with his luck as DiPietro, but he still tries. Who would take him?

Bert: I think this injury will end his career. Don't seem to hear a lot about progress with him.

Flip: Only because he's FA at year end. Could make a good rental and we get a pick.

Franziska (He will EARN back Mule Status when I see it): Who would eat that contract for that long for a power forward that doesn't exactly instill "power"? Nevermind, I know who. Vancouver.

Abby: Gritty. Homer esque. don't know what his trade value would be.

Ericsson is big, better at defending now, and even scores every once in a while. needs to shoot more.

Coca-cola: Injured. Often. Barely played this year. If he turns out to suck, trade or waive.

Huskins: Worked good as a shutdown D-man this year when Covo went down. Could be a trade piece to someone looking to shore up their 2nd/3rd pairing (and Pittsburgh's defense is as porous as a doylie)

Quincey: Needs to get angry, as it only seems that he scores/defends/does well when he's hitting/charging/pushing. Look on his LA days for evidence of that.

Sammy: Injured. Again. Logo Hunter and old. Waive, trade to a cap-floor team, or Amnesty.

Andersson: Young, played capably, stayed up with the big club. could be an involved prospect

Tootoo: WE NEED GRIT. DO NOT TRADE OUR GRIT (unless you get someone more capable with scoring as well as with the fists)

Eaves: Almost as bad with his luck as DiPietro, but he still tries. Who would take him?

Bert: I think this injury will end his career. Don't seem to hear a lot about progress with him.

Flip: Only because he's FA at year end. Could make a good rental and we get a pick.

Franziska (He will EARN back Mule Status when I see it): Who would eat that contract for that long for a power forward that doesn't exactly instill "power"? Nevermind, I know who. Vancouver.

yes, yes YES! I have been saying this for a long LONG time now! Franzine would look great on the Sedin's line and could spark his career and Burrows would look wonderful in our top 6! Vancouver would eat the contract to put him with the Sedins forever.....make the deal right now! Franzine for Burrows....

lol it actually sounds like Holland is going to be trading prospects and picks for high level talent, just hopefully not our 2013 first round pick

If he trades our 1st round pick and we lose out on a chance to get Pulock, i'll lose my s***.

Uh, nevermind....I just looked up Gaborik's salary for this and next year....$7.5M....no thanks...too much money for next year...if he were a UFA after this year, then no prob.

I would still LOVE to pry Bobby Ryan out of Anaheim, but then I wake up..... :lol:

Rumor has Colorado maybe moving Stastny....he is a center, but I think he would fit nicely with Dats.... ahhh, dream on, dream until you dreams come true....

I'd take 1 year at 7.5 for Gaborik. Him on a line with Dats and Abdelkader is a lot better than Franzen. Hell, I'd give the Rangers Franzen and Filppula for Gaborik.

However, the Wings wouldn't be bidding against 28 teams. Iginla has a short list of allowable destinations - under 6, I think.

Which teams are even going to make trades? Calgary and Florida? The only deadline splash will be getting Iginla. With 28 teams being buyers, the market for Iginla will be ridiculous.

If he trades our 1st round pick and we lose out on a chance to get Pulock, i'll lose my s***.

I'd take 1 year at 7.5 for Gaborik. Him on a line with Dats and Abdelkader is a lot better than Franzen. Hell, I'd give the Rangers Franzen and Filppula for Gaborik.

That is one of the worst ideas I've seen here in a while, and I've seen some pretty terrible ones. Franzen AND Filppula for a player who has only one year left after this on his contract (a grossly overpaid contract at that), who is made of glass AND who is underproducing on a point-per-game basis compared to one of the players you want to trade to acquire him? Right.

Ignoring all of that, then you still have the depth issue. I mean, when Gaborik is injured, that would leave us with what exactly?

No need to use amnesty on white, his contract is up at seasons end

That is one of the worst ideas I've seen here in a while, and I've seen some pretty terrible ones. Franzen AND Filppula for a player who has only one year left after this on his contract (a grossly overpaid contract at that), who is made of glass AND who is underproducing on a point-per-game basis compared to one of the players you want to trade to acquire him? Right.

Ignoring all of that, then you still have the depth issue. I mean, when Gaborik is injured, that would leave us with what exactly?

Tatar could come back up any time. Flip may be gone next season anyways, and really it would be contingent on Gaborik re-signing with the Wings and at a lower salary. Helm should also be back soon and we would also not have to have Tootoo as a healthy scratch every 2 games like we currently do. Franzen is lazy.

I understand that was an overpayment giving up Flip and Franzen for him, but your acting like Gaborik is garbage. All players get injured, however the last 3 years he has scored over 40 goals twice, the other year he missed games because of an injury and still scored 25+ goals. People wanted Perry at 8.7 million, but don't want Gabby at 7.5 million ? Perry has played with Getzlaf his entire career and posted 1 season of 35+ goals. Gaborik's best center until last year he played with was Ryan Callahan and he's scored 40+ goals 4 times. He's almost a career PPG player. Gaborik with Datsyuk would be unbelievable and I bet he would score 50.

Edited by darkmanx