• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

If we win next 6 games, expect a trade

Rate this topic

I understand that was an overpayment giving up Flip and Franzen for him, but your acting like Gaborik is garbage. All players get injured, however the last 3 years he has scored over 40 goals twice, the other year he missed games because of an injury and still scored 25+ goals. People wanted Perry at 8.7 million, but don't want Gabby at 7.5 million ? Perry has played with Getzlaf his entire career and posted 1 season of 35+ goals. Gaborik's best center until last year he played with was Ryan Callahan and he's scored 40+ goals 4 times. He's almost a career PPG player. Gaborik with Datsyuk would be unbelievable and I bet he would score 50.

50 goals in our system? I would be happy with 30-35

Edited by Hey man nice shot!

50 goals in our system? I would be happy with 30-35

Gabby is like Hossa in terms of offense, nowhere near him on defense though. But Gabby is one of the fastest skaters in the NHL, and is only 31 and with him playing with one of the best players in the NHL, I wouldn't look past him getting 50.

Edited by darkmanx

I understand that was an overpayment giving up Flip and Franzen for him, but your acting like Gaborik is garbage. All players get injured, however the last 3 years he has scored over 40 goals twice, the other year he missed games because of an injury and still scored 25+ goals. People wanted Perry at 8.7 million, but don't want Gabby at 7.5 million ? Perry has played with Getzlaf his entire career and posted 1 season of 35+ goals. Gaborik's best center until last year he played with was Ryan Callahan and he's scored 40+ goals 4 times. He's almost a career PPG player. Gaborik with Datsyuk would be unbelievable and I bet he would score 50.

It would be a lot like Dats with Hossa who is the last Wings player to score 40. Gaborik isn't nearly as good defensively as Hossa, but offensively he may be even more gifted. And he's fast as all hell.

Gabby is like Hossa in terms of offense, nowhere near him on defense though. But Gabby is one of the fastest skaters in the NHL, and is only 31 and with him playing with one of the best players in the NHL, I wouldn't look past him getting 50.

I've had this thread open for a while apparently....we kinda posted the same type deal. Been sidetracked by Resident Evil 6. I would love to have him here either way.

Boyle?

Leopold?

Regehr?

Sarich?

Streit?

Visnovsky?

Whitney?

(Bouwmeester?)

(Yandle?)

(Girardi?)

Doubt we would be able to get Yandle or Girardi. I'd try to get Visnovsky if they'd take White or Quincey in a trade. Other than him, not much interest in the list. I know he's 35+, but he would be one of those guys that gets the puck up to the forwards quick and that's a main complaint about our current D.

Buffalo has been rumored on and off to be willing to part with some players. Surely someone on that team could help the Wings out.

That is one of the worst ideas I've seen here in a while, and I've seen some pretty terrible ones. Franzen AND Filppula for a player who has only one year left after this on his contract (a grossly overpaid contract at that), who is made of glass AND who is underproducing on a point-per-game basis compared to one of the players you want to trade to acquire him? Right.

Ignoring all of that, then you still have the depth issue. I mean, when Gaborik is injured, that would leave us with what exactly?

Flip is a goner anyway. Any trade involving Filppula, even for a rental, is better than we'll get this summer when he leaves us with nothing. I don't believe we should trade Franzen. Lazy or not, he still scores and a trade for another forward would just be a wash most likely.

Back to Gaborik though, 7.5 or not, I'd take him and he'd be awesome here. Probably not 50 goals in our system, but he could pot 40 easily.

Buffalo has been rumored on and off to be willing to part with some players. Surely someone on that team could help the Wings out.

Flip is a goner anyway. Any trade involving Filppula, even for a rental, is better than we'll get this summer when he leaves us with nothing. I don't believe we should trade Franzen. Lazy or not, he still scores and a trade for another forward would just be a wash most likely.

Back to Gaborik though, 7.5 or not, I'd take him and he'd be awesome here. Probably not 50 goals in our system, but he could pot 40 easily.

If Buffalo is willing to trade, it's really dependant on who. Pominville would be my choice. I'd rather package Flip with someone else to the Rangers for Gaborik, poop myself cause we got him, and then trade for him in GM mode in NHL 13 :yahoo: (the exact reverse of how we usually do it here) and be quite happy, but I'd like for the Rangers to actually shed light on Gaborik's availability before I get all giddy about him. Even though I kinda am already...