#21 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

"Darren Helm has been acquired from the injury list...." 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#22 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,523 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

Is Sammy our splash?

esteef

:lol:

Yeah - Sammy/Bert/Helm/Cola will all be our additions...

On a serious not - I don't expect anything...We don't have alot to offer, and I honestly dunno what's available  that'll make us "better"?

Me thinks Holland will be quiet come deadline, and that's fine by me...We handed the Ducks their ass last night, and we gave those jerks in Chicago a run for their $$$ when we played them...As long as the Wings finish in the top 8 - anything can happen, and I think we could pull off an upset in the 1st round.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#23 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

Guys. My parade is soggy. Assholes.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#24 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,141 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

Wow... way to take that article waaaay out of context. All it is saying is "if we are in playoff contention, a trade is possible" isn't that the case for every team every year?

Op made is sound like Kenny has a deal wrapped up with the condition that 6 games are won. (Sounds pretty ridiculous doesn't it)

I wouldn't go that far, he did say he was talking trades wednesday...

#25 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

:lol:

Yeah - Sammy/Bert/Helm/Cola will all be our additions...

On a serious not - I don't expect anything...We don't have alot to offer, and I honestly dunno what's available  that'll make us "better"?

Me thinks Holland will be quiet come deadline, and that's fine by me...We handed the Ducks their ass last night, and we gave those jerks in Chicago a run for their $$$ when we played them...As long as the Wings finish in the top 8 - anything can happen, and I think we could pull off an upset in the 1st round.

I think the fact that we've beaten the Ducks and played strong against Chicago is a testament to how competitive a team we really have.  But the fact that we lost to the Ducks once, and Chicago twice is a testament to how we need a piece or two to get over the hump.  I've been saying for a while that we're not a bad team, and that we really are only a piece or two away from being a Cup contender.  Those games you mentioned only illustrate that point for me.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#26 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

I think the fact that we've beaten the Ducks and played strong against Chicago is a testament to how competitive a team we really have.  But the fact that we lost to the Ducks once, and Chicago twice is a testament to how we need a piece or two to get over the hump.  I've been saying for a while that we're not a bad team, and that we really are only a piece or two away from being a Cup contender.  Those games you mentioned only illustrate that point for me.

Would that piece to have gotten by Chicago have been scratching Ericsson for that game? ;)

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#27 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

I would prefer to not see the Wings buy this season.

I will admit that it would be hilarious to see the deadline slappies get all excited about Holland making a big deal and then vilify him for trading away assets if the Wings don't end up winning. Of course, I would rather not see that happen.

#28 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

Would that piece to have gotten by Chicago have been scratching Ericsson for that game? ;)

No, but I do think that that's a part of it.  Ericsson has played outstanding this season, but he's not a top pairing defenseman.  We need a legit top six and top four, and if we don't have those and keep relying on guys to "take the next step" or "dust the cobwebs off" or whatever then we're going to stay exactly as we are, a good team that's missing the right pieces. 

Abby's game last night is a prime example.  Good for him for playing that well, and it sure worked out last night.  But he's not a top six winger, and I don't think there's anybody (aside from the reactionary dips***s at the Free Press) who feels comfortable relying on him to play that way.  Does anybody think he could be a difference maker like that in a seven game series?  Does anybody think that Ericsson could shut down top lines on top teams consistently in a series?  The fact that they've done as well as they have is a god send, but without actual high end pieces our luck will run cold eventually. 

I will admit that it would be hilarious to see the deadline slappies get all excited about Holland making a big deal and then vilify him for trading away assets if the Wings don't end up winning. Of course, I would rather not see that happen.

Your rhetorical b.s. aside, nobody thinks that an acquisition guarantees us anything.  But not making moves and playing .500 hockey all but guarantees we won't even get close. 

Also, it's not like the only guys available are rentals.  You could get guys that have a shelf life, you'd just have to pay for them. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#29 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

All I'm saying is if we sign DeKeyser I'll be happy, happy,  happy!

#30 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

Dear Kenny,

Don't trade Tatar.

Yer pal,

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#31 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

Dear Kenny,

Don't trade Tatar.

Yer pal,

esteef

Well if he doesn't trade Tatar we're not doing anything because god knows Nyquist isn't going anywhere.  I mean, look at how he stickhandles.  Kid's gonna be a star I tell ya.

#32 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

All I'm saying is if we sign DeKeyser I'll be happy, happy,  happy!

Lol okay Phil

#33 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

It's somewhat misleading to suggest that the Wings will trade "if they win the next 6 games".

It's unlikely that they'll win the next 6 ... does that mean there will be no trades? I always expect trades, someone will be traded for, or to ... it's the nature of the business.

I hope that you don't think Holland will attempt to load up for a long playoff run by trading young propects and picks for the available superstar, because there isn't any superstars available.

Not that I don't think the Wings are incapable of a run ... they certainly are, if healthy.

#34 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

I wonder who you could be referring to? :ninja:

I certainly hope for a deal.  I still think that some team out there is going to inquire about Filppula and Nyquist.  I will repeat, I DO NOT want to get rid of our 1st round pick this year! Are you listening Kenny?

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#35 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

If a trade were to be made, I would believe it would be for a scorer...I'd be interested in Iginla or Gaborik. I know those two guys are oft talked about in trade scenarios...I'd also like Clowe or Morrow...

Who could we trade Quincey back to Colorado for?

I am gonna break it out again....Franzine to DAL for Morrow...that trade scenario is always good for some controversial debating! Hell throw Jagr in too!

Edited by LeftWinger, 23 March 2013 - 05:36 PM.

www.thinkdunes.com

#36 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

I keep hearing Drew Stafford some fool on the score mentioned us as a possible partner for Buffalo today. I'm gonna say if there is a goal scoring winger available like Stafford go get him. I will say if anyone wants to trade Smith, your crazy. Easily our best dman played 20 minutes last night, he's just about to break out.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#37 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

I just happen to have a feeling that the trade will involve one Defenseman, One Forward, One Prospect....the question is who for who?

There, aren't you glad I cleared all that up? :hysterical: Blamo! Juck F*cking Pott!

www.thinkdunes.com

#38 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

Kenny should make a trade either way.

^This. Since when is Detroit a team that sits by and waits to see if they are in the playoff picture???? Kenny if you are not sure then make a deal so that we are not in question. 

#39 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

I think Kenny should trade Flip... Since he's looking for $5M per season
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#40 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

Yep, I think Flip is the obvious guy going to a playoff favorite....Him and Nyquist should get us a nice rental for our playoff run...

www.thinkdunes.com