• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

beachwing

Wings Make Offer to Danny D!

Rate this topic

The vibe I'm getting is that he'll definitely sign with the Red Wings in the next few days. Also, I know a lot of people are pretty excited about the kid here, but I hope no one expects him to put up a ton of points, or be super flashy off the bat. Maybe eventually he develops into that role, but from what I've seen (and heard second hand) he's a really quiet type of player who does all the little things right.

He's been touted as a Brad Stuart type of player, and that's what the Red Wings really need, imo. I'm pretty pumped to get him myself, but I feel like I know what to expect out of him (all around solid play).

The vibe I'm getting is that he'll definitely sign with the Red Wings in the next few days. Also, I know a lot of people are pretty excited about the kid here, but I hope no one expects him to put up a ton of points, or be super flashy off the bat. Maybe eventually he develops into that role, but from what I've seen (and heard second hand) he's a really quiet type of player who does all the little things right.

He's been touted as a Brad Stuart type of player, and that's what the Red Wings really need, imo. I'm pretty pumped to get him myself, but I feel like I know what to expect out of him (all around solid play).

something the wings have been lacking at times this year. yeah, he won't be an instant allstar (few players are) but he's a guy that would be HUGE for us long term for sure.

something the wings have been lacking at times this year. yeah, he won't be an instant allstar (few players are) but he's a guy that would be HUGE for us long term for sure.

Absolutely! I do not expect him to come in and be an All Star...I just want him to be a Red Wing for life! Get him under contract now and he can grow into an all star, or even just a star. I expect him to have growing pains here and there, I ecpect him to be a healthy scratch once in a while, but the point is to get this kid in our organization and he can be part of the growth of this Defense. Barring injuries, Kronwall and Ericsson are going to lead this D, with a super young core of Smith, Dekeyser, Kindl & Lashoff for years! If Q continues to develop better skills and re-signs here after next then this D is in for some great years together! Even if they sacrifice one of Kindl, Quincey or even Big E (which I doubt) this D is on its way up...a half of year and things are looking up already considering the loss of Lidstrom and Stuart was supposed to cripple us for the next 40 years...

It seems to make the most sense. Without taking in to affect my feelings toward him coming here you have to look at the facts....

Hometown kid....Idolized the Wings growing up...Wings cannot be outbid by money or length. Wings want him bad. If he does spend some time in GR next season, his former Coach is there Head Coaching. Has a teammate at WMU (Mike McKee) that is also Red Wings property and will eventually be a teammate with him again...The fact that when he was wanting to come out last season as a Sophomore, he took the advice of Red Wings brass to return to college for one more season, so he holds Ken Holland and Jim Nill with the upmost respect. He is very good friends with Jill Nill and his son. He has spent two or three years at the Wings rookie camps, playing with guys that would eventually be his teammates...Then throw in what I was told yesterday by my buddy (thru Danny's sister) that Babcock promised him a spot in the lineup...this is just a no brainer. But, in the end the team he chooses is going to be a team he feels is the best fit for him...I just hope that its Detroit...

I'm thinking you could probably tell us what the guy ate for breakfast this morning. Good job!

People on here make me crack up at times. Right now he's no better then anyone on our roster and possibly in line with Lashoff. I find it hard to believe the Wings promised him top 4 minutes when they wouldnt promise Schultz - a much better player then him a roster spot just last summer.

It's amusing the over-valuing of prospects by some Wings fans.

It must have something to do with him being from Michigan. I remember the hype Abdelkader got. Atleast he was drafted tho ;)

Nyquist isn't looking so hot this year. Will people keep pumping his tires?

People on here make me crack up at times. Right now he's no better then anyone on our roster and possibly in line with Lashoff. I find it hard to believe the Wings promised him top 4 minutes when they wouldnt promise Schultz - a much better player then him a roster spot just last summer.

It must have something to do with him being from Michigan. I remember the hype Abdelkader got. Atleast he was drafted tho ;)

Nyquist hasn't looked so hot at the NHL level, but he's been the best player in the entire AHL so yes...his tires will be fully pumped.

Exactly where DeKeyser should be if we sign him.

For all we know he will be...He will likely get a taste of the NHL while Quincey is hurt and he might get the black ace treatment if the Wings make the playoffs but I doubt the Wings or anyone else for that matter will guarantee anything.

The whole Schultz demanding a NHL spot was a media fabrication last year so I highly doubt Dekeyser who is a lesser prospect will be demanding anything of his suitors.

Just remembered that DeKeyser will have the opportunity to play in a Winter Classic next year have he sign with the Wings. Playing at the big house in an original 6 winter classic in front of friends and family? Sheeeeeeeeez sign it.

Also, Schultz didn't sign for ice time. Its been quoted numerous times that he was more than willing to go play in the A. Sustr just signed his contract in Tampa Bay without anything guaranteed. Guaranteed ice time is fabricated idea that forum posters talk about. Young players don't have the leverage to tell franchises where they want to play, especially when they're unproven at that level and without AHL experience.

Ok, so I cannot let this go. I suppose it could be just a coincidence that they did a focus on Dan Dekeyser during the 1st period. We also now know that Mickey knows his family, has skated with Dan on many occasions and said he hopes to be calling his name for the Red Wings soon...

This is like when your mom and dad asks you what is the one thing you want for Christmas, then for weeks they refer to it in a hundred different ways, how it would be so useful and practical and fun to have, over and over and over. You are so excited for it, that when you actually open it up on Christmas morning, you are filled with joy, but you have the weird feeling that it wasn't even that big of a surprise...

BTW, I now Danny wore #5 at WMU, obviously cannot have, but I mentioned #15 the other day, would be the closest thing to 5 we have. I also put the request in with Dan's sister (via my buddy) to have him choose #15...doesn't mean anything, but I couldn't help but feel some kind of pride if he picked it.... :lol:

If this signing comes to fruition, I will have a weird feeling of being the guy who was on his bandwagon for over a year and pretty much willed him to the Red WIngs....ok, ok, not really, but I have been talking about him for a long long time, and if it happens, I will be so happy!

I can't wait!

Just remembered that DeKeyser will have the opportunity to play in a Winter Classic next year have he sign with the Wings. Playing at the big house in an original 6 winter classic in front of friends and family? Sheeeeeeeeez sign it.

Also, Schultz didn't sign for ice time. Its been quoted numerous times that he was more than willing to go play in the A. Sustr just signed his contract in Tampa Bay without anything guaranteed. Guaranteed ice time is fabricated idea that forum posters talk about. Young players don't have the leverage to tell franchises where they want to play, especially when they're unproven at that level and without AHL experience.

Well, as much I agree with your point about the Winter Classic, You could replace the word Wings with Leafs (the other team who wants him) and that sentence would have the same meaning....

Just remembered that DeKeyser will have the opportunity to play in a Winter Classic next year have he sign with the Leafs. Playing at the big house in an original 6 winter classic in front of friends and family? Sheeeeeeeeez sign it.

I hate the way that looks just as much as I love the way your original sentence looks! Lets hope it doesn't come down to that! Yuck!

Well, as much I agree with your point about the Winter Classic, You could replace the word Wings with Leafs (the other team who wants him) and that sentence would have the same meaning....

Just remembered that DeKeyser will have the opportunity to play in a Winter Classic next year have he sign with the Leafs. Playing at the big house in an original 6 winter classic in front of friends and family? Sheeeeeeeeez sign it.

I hate the way that looks just as much as I love the way your original sentence looks! Lets hope it doesn't come down to that! Yuck!

Who said he wanted Toronto? People brought up Toronto because that's where Brian Burke had him scoped in. Now Brian Burke is with Anaheim and that's why their in discussion

Guest Playmaker

The frenzy here is getting crazy. I hope the Wings sign DeKeyser, but future captain? Top 4 minutes? Guaranteed ice time?

I also think Wings fans totally overestimate the influence of the Winter Classic. Do I think players will enjoy it? Sure. But it's a regular season game. It didn't keep Lidstrom from retiring, it didn't bring Suter and Parise here and it's not going to be a factor in DeKeyser signing with the Wings or not.

The frenzy here is getting crazy. I hope the Wings sign DeKeyser, but future captain? Top 4 minutes? Guaranteed ice time?

I also think Wings fans totally overestimate the influence of the Winter Classic. Do I think players will enjoy it? Sure. But it's a regular season game. It didn't keep Lidstrom from retiring, it didn't bring Suter and Parise here and it's not going to be a factor in DeKeyser signing with the Wings or not.

Easy Cupcake.... I don't know who said future Captain, but it was Helen St. James that said top 4 minutes, and it was Babcock who (allegedly) told Dan himself that he had guaranteed ice time...

You will have to excuse the excitement of the die hard Wings fans, this guy is coveted by 30 teams...the last three UFA's that were coveted by 30 teams we lost out on. So it's a bit enthusiastic and exciting to know that your Detroit Red Wings are the frontrunners to land the most coveted player since the Olsen Twins...Just calm down gobot. :P

Edited by LeftWinger

Lets not get too sure about this until it happens. Detroit's future is f***knows, Edmontons is possible Dynasty.

No such thing as a Dynasty in the cap world. Edmonton looks great now for the future. Lets see how great they are when all those #1 pick are looking for big money on there 2nd contracts.

If there's this kind of frenzy to sign this kid all over the league, and he's generally regarded to be a top 6 guy now, lets just assume that he's better than Lashoff. I dont understand why they wouldnt give Schultz a spot, especially given the fact that im sure the organization seen the lockout coming. But i believe part of the difference is right now we know what we have and can make a better informed decision, whereas in the summer its hard to promise a kid who has never played a pro game a spot when you have 8 defenseman with NHL experience. Edited by achildr1

The suspense is killing me. I cant believe EDM is pushing so hard for him, I mean come on! If he doesn't sign with the Wings I might barf, but if he signs with the Oilers....I don't even know how I would react to that. Would that not be some form of sacrilege?

The suspense is killing me. I cant believe EDM is pushing so hard for him, I mean come on! If he doesn't sign with the Wings I might barf, but if he signs with the Oilers....I don't even know how I would react to that. Would that not be some form of sacrilege?

Think of it this way.....

You are Danny and you are looking for a team that is going to compete for a Stanley Cup. Look at Detroit. They are an older team with a pedigree for making the playoffs and winning 4 Stanley Cups in the last 16 years. Then you look at Edmonton, and they are a young up and coming team that looks like they will compete for a cup in the next couple years. Edmonton may have a bigger upswing in his mind than Detroit.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he signs with Edmonton over Detroit. Its not like Edmonton is a toilet team with no upswing. Now, if Danny chose Florida over Detroit, then I would be more concerned. :)

You are Danny and you are looking for a team that is going to compete for a Stanley Cup. Look at Detroit. They are an older team with a pedigree for making the playoffs and winning 4 Stanley Cups in the last 16 years. Then you look at Edmonton, and they are a young up and coming team that looks like they will compete for a cup in the next couple years. Edmonton may have a bigger upswing in his mind than Detroit.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he signs with Edmonton over Detroit. Its not like Edmonton is a toilet team with no upswing. Now, if Danny chose Florida over Detroit, then I would be more concerned. :)

Edmonton will not win a cup, by the time the team matures it will start falling apart to cope with the cap. I expect to see Dekeyser in Red and White by next week :hammer:

Edm sucks, they are always pimped as though they are going to do something, but like CO they will be picking in the top 10 AGAIN. I'm pretty sure FL has had more recent success then EDM.

It would be great BUT. I don't see Babcock putting a rookie with no professional hockey experience in immediately. I just can't believe that he would. If Danny wants to play in the NHL immediately, he will pick a team that will be willing to do that and sorry, but that probably isn't the Wings. In fact, I can't imagine that any team will commit to playing him immediately unless they have nothing to lose - no hope for the playoffs.

Danny has a toough decision to make. The AHL for a good team or the NHL for a crappy team.

If I was a hockey player, I would LOVE to play in the winged wheel, that has to be the greatest honour. Think about it, 11 cups, some of the greatest players to ever take the ice wore the same jersey. Very classy organization, treats the players well, and you get an opportunity to play with #13 and #40. I would be sold right there, get #13 to show you a couple things (pasha could probably be a better defenseman then half the league). Hope you are reading this danny D!!! Detroit NEEDS you :)

It would be great BUT. I don't see Babcock putting a rookie with no professional hockey experience in immediately. I just can't believe that he would. If Danny wants to play in the NHL immediately, he will pick a team that will be willing to do that and sorry, but that probably isn't the Wings. In fact, I can't imagine that any team will commit to playing him immediately unless they have nothing to lose - no hope for the playoffs.

Danny has a toough decision to make. The AHL for a good team or the NHL for a crappy team.

Wrong, with Quincey injured, Holland wants to get #18 off the ice and quick, Danny D will be making sure Mr. White will be a healthy scratch