• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

beachwing

Wings Make Offer to Danny D!

Rate this topic

According to @nugegood (Tommy Stites) "Danny DeKeyser will sign with the Detroit #RedWings tonight around 7:30. This is from a WMU source"

Sounding more and more likely that he will sign with us.

Need I remind you of Aaron Ward tweeting that Iginla to Boston was done?

According to @nugegood (Tommy Stites) "Danny DeKeyser will sign with the Detroit #RedWings tonight around 7:30. This is from a WMU source"

Sounding more and more likely that he will sign with us.

I'll be at work, with my phone out hitting refresh all night lol

Frank, you and I have had our differences, but I agree with you.

The Wings playoff streak is nice, but I would rather see the Wings really compete every few years than just make the playoffs and die in the first or second round every year. The problem is that Wings fans as a whole would hate to see them tank for 2-3 years just to rebuild.

My thoughts as well, the streak is nice and all but really it is just a number. I'd rather see this team in the hunt for highend UFAs and the cup again in the not so distant future, instead of making the playoffs and getting bounced in round one or not later than round two, thats just not RedWings Style.

Differences are part of discussion boards :) as long as both side respect each other no worries here ^^

Can't believe DeKeyser is getting blamed for taking his time, it is a huge decision so for sure he will go through all the offers pros and cons and when he is ready, he or maybe his agent are going to anounce it. GMs passed on this guy in the draft every time so let him enjoy his "revenge" a bit.

Edited by frankgrimes

I've never seen him in action, nor read too much about him, but the desperation in this thread is contagious. Please sign so LGW can turn on you in a month.

:lol: it's funny because it's true. Let's keep expectations realistic guys even if he does wind up signing here, the guy has 0 NHL experience and most likely isn't going to be very impactful from the get go.

:lol: it's funny because it's true. Let's keep expectations realistic guys even if he does wind up signing here, the guy has 0 NHL experience and most likely isn't going to be very impactful from the get go.

Thats why he is considered a prospect, it would be nice to have and develop him :-)

I don't think it's unrealistic for him to step into the NHL and be an effective player. The problem is, he's not a point producing defenseman so he's not going to show up on the score sheet much, which will draw the ire of some fans. By all accounts he's a good physical shutdown guy, more of a Dan Girardi than a Justin Schultz. So if people hold him to the wrong standard then they'll definitely be disappointed.

I don't think it's unrealistic for him to step into the NHL and be an effective player. The problem is, he's not a point producing defenseman so he's not going to show up on the score sheet much, which will draw the ire of some fans. By all accounts he's a good physical shutdown guy, more of a Dan Girardi than a Justin Schultz. So if people hold him to the wrong standard then they'll definitely be disappointed.

How is he on the PK?

Very, very big point here to be taken. Some may think he's going to be shiny and flashy, but that is not Danny DeKeyser. You don't hear much of his name because he doesn't make much mistakes. He plays a very basic game, but as a defensive defensemen, that's an outstanding quality. Of course you'll recognize when he makes a shut-down move, but many of the times, plays are forgotten on the defensive side of the game.

Very, very big point here to be taken. Some may think he's going to be shiny and flashy, but that is not Danny DeKeyser. You don't hear much of his name because he doesn't make much mistakes. He plays a very basic game, but as a defensive defensemen, that's an outstanding quality. Of course you'll recognize when he makes a shut-down move, but many of the times, plays are forgotten on the defensive side of the game.

I also like how he is known for having a hard, accurate shot. Be nice to have point shots that actually hit the net!

Edited by marcaractac

That was Nick Lidstrom. Nothing flashy with him, but he did all the basics with excellence.

Not saying Dekeyser is that though

Supposedly his shot is very good, however he hasn't produced a lot of points at any level. Might be because his team wasn't all that great, but his NCAA numbers are a far cry from Brendan Smith or Justin Schultz.

That was Nick Lidstrom. Nothing flashy with him, but he did all the basics with excellence.

Not saying Dekeyser is that though

That is what Jakub Kindl looks like to me. He looks more like Lidstrom than anyone. Dekeyser would be a more like a Hatcher. He's a big guy with a ton of reach.

My thoughts as well, the streak is nice and all but really it is just a number. I'd rather see this team in the hunt for highend UFAs and the cup again in the not so distant future, instead of making the playoffs and getting bounced in round one or not later than round two, thats just not RedWings Style.

Differences are part of discussion boards :) as long as both side respect each other no worries here ^^

Can't believe DeKeyser is getting blamed for taking his time, it is a huge decision so for sure he will go through all the offers pros and cons and when he is ready, he or maybe his agent are going to anounce it. GMs passed on this guy in the draft every time so let him enjoy his "revenge" a bit.

Is this true that he was never drafted? (Sorry, not up on all the news concerning this guy).

So, just to stir things up, if he had been drafted by a team, would he have been able to stiff them and sign elsewhere like Shultz did to Anaheim last year? Can you imagine how we would feel if the Wings had drafted him, then Kenny tells him he has to earn his way into a playing spot, he holds out and signs elsewhere! Get out the tar and feathers, boys!