• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

beachwing

Wings Make Offer to Danny D!

Rate this topic

Guest Playmaker

Maybe it's not so much that you don't know what they're doing so much as they're not doing much? Holland has been pretty vocal when he's tried to do stuff. What's he supposed to say here? He talked to him on Wednesday, made a pitch, we have a lot of draw if he's at all drawn to a team for sentimental reasons. What else is there here? He talked to Parise and Suter. Offered them huge deals. He talked to Columbus about Nash (at least I think he said he did, it's fuzzy now...). When Lidstrom retired he said he'd be aggressive. When Rafalski retired, he said he was going to find a replacement. He says a lot. He says plenty. He just hasn't managed to do much more than talk over the last few years, and when you're unable to do much, he starts dropping all the lines we know too well at this point.

When Rafalski retired totally out of the blue, he did do something. He signed Ian White, who played decent last year. When Lidstrom retired, he agressively pursued Suter, but was unable to sign him for reasons beyond his control. He knew Stuart had to leave the team for family reasons and acquired Kyle Quincey, who at the time was considered a good young defenseman.

The Rangers got Nash, they got Brad Richards, they got Marion Gaborik. They've got the superstar goalie. Where are they in the standings? You can get all the "stars" and still suck. I know everyone thinks there's some magical formula to put together a winning team, but there isn't.

When Rafalski retired totally out of the blue, he did do something. He signed Ian White, who played decent last year. When Lidstrom retired, he agressively pursued Suter, but was unable to sign him for reasons beyond his control. He knew Stuart had to leave the team for family reasons and acquired Kyle Quincey, who at the time was considered a good young defenseman.

The Rangers got Nash, they got Brad Richards, they got Marion Gaborik. They've got the superstar goalie. Where are they in the standings? You can get all the "stars" and still suck. I know everyone thinks there's some magical formula to put together a winning team, but there isn't.

Well said. In the end, it doesn't matter how things look on paper, that's why they play the games.

Part of me wants to see DeKeyser sign but the dark part of me wants to see him go somewhere else just to see LGW explode...you know fire & brimstone coming down from the skies, rivers & seas boiling, forty years of darkness, eathquakes, volcanos, the dead rising from the grave, human sacrifice, dogs & cats living together...mass hysteria

Well thanks a lot, now I wanna go watch Ghostbusters...

White was on their radar but he wasn't the goal. When they didn't land one of the stronger candidates on July 1, they started signing mid-level guys. One is riding the bench lately. The other, well, a lot of people wish he was riding the bench. And I'm sorry, I don't think Holland is trying hard enough if his remaining replacements for 2 of the 3 defensemen they lost, including two stars, are Ian White and Kyle Quincey. If you're as good of a GM as everyone says Ken Holland is, you don't lose those three guys in the course of one year and not bring in one guy who's even remotely close to the level of the weakest of the guys we lost. I don't buy it, and I don't get how people can bring up a guy who's now watching games from the press box in defense of Holland.

And I liked the Ian White signing!

And I didn't bring up Parise, Suter and Nash to say Holland screwed up. To be clear, because it seems like people just default to thinking that. I don't care about them. At all. I only brought them up because the guy said Holland plays everything close to the vest, but he really doesn't. He's been pretty damn open about who he's pursuing, I merely listed those as recent examples of that. Nothing more at all.

Edited by gcom007

Guest Playmaker

You seem to think Nick Lidstroms and Brian Rafalskis grow on trees and all Holland has to do is snap his fingers and they will appear. Please direct Holland to the nearest Hall of Famers R Us. Who was available at the time Rafalski or Lidstrom retired that they Wings could have gotten realistically who would have been equals talent wise?

You seem to think Nick Lidstroms and Brian Rafalskis grow on trees and all Holland has to do is snap his fingers and they will appear. Please direct Holland to the nearest Hall of Famers R Us. Who was available at the time Rafalski or Lidstrom retired that they Wings could have gotten realistically who would have been equals talent wise?

Or the year before as well!!!! All this griping from people about Hollands job is to be out in front of s*** like Lids and Ralfy retirements is laughable.

Sure its his job to be proactive but Lids was a once in a generation player and Ralfy caught everyone off guard and yet we still put a competiive team on the ice.

Bunch of spoiles apples we are as Wings fans.

Hows Col doing since Sakic hung em up?

I don't think you really read what I wrote. Try again.

I thought of a possible scenario. He didn't want to announce anything tonight, because he's actually on his way back to Detroit. Tomorrow morning he will announce that he will be signing with his hometown team in his hometown. The Wings won't be flying out until the morning so I doubt they will be there, but it sounds like a possibility! Hey.. a man can dream.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I've never seen this kid play. So many teams are interested in signing him which says something. I still recall the July 4th letdown when Suter signed with Minnesota. Hopefully the kid picks Detroit.

Guest RedWingsDad

I tossed and turned all night thinking about this, I kept trying to fall back asleep till noon. I really hope he picks Detroit, especially after our disappointing loss to the san jose scuba divers

Man! Now this is a true Red Wings fan. I love the Wings but don't think I’ve ever lost sleep over them. (staying up to watch west coast games being the exception ;) )

Nothing on the twitter front. All things quiet. We're in the final countdown here boys... 1 hour and counting

I wouldn't count on it. There's been no announcement, just a guy saying Dekeyser will probably make a decision by noon. I'm betting he doesn't announce til later tonight if he does at all today.

I wouldn't count on it. There's been no announcement, just a guy saying Dekeyser will probably make a decision by noon. I'm betting he doesn't announce til later tonight if he does at all today.

His agent was the one that said Danny will be announcing by noon, not speculation.

Well it is more than some guy, people are also saying the agent said noon today.

Told by agent Don Meehan, that Dan DeKeyser will make a decision on a team before noon tomorrow.

Not likely to be a decision until tomorrow by college UFA D Dan DeKeyser.

either I way i hope it is sooner rather than later!!

I read that earlier. the writer is CLEARLY an oilers fan, so i cannot take him seriously when he is trying to justify why the oilers should get him... he is just way too biased. He makes a quick point about how its between the oilers and wings, and then spends the entire article talking about how the oilers are the better choice to go to pretty much.

I hope you weren't tossing and turning over a hockey game!

Nope, over a hockey signing, the same way I would lose sleep if I was waiting for an announcement as to whether or not Datsyuk was going to re-sign with us