• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

beachwing

Wings Make Offer to Danny D!

Rate this topic

Honestly, the more and more this gets dragged out past noon just makes me think he's signing here 100% now. He was supposed to have a decision made at noon. Why no announcement coming up on 3pm? 3 hours past your deadline? The more and more closer we get to 4:30ish, the more I honestly think he may be waiting for the team. Ah, i'm just sitting here rationalizing like a good homer fan.

He has to clear it with Bettman that he is allowed to sign with a team which is not the Pittsburgh Penguins. This could take awhile. Gary has to call Sid first and make sure it's ok that Danny sign with a different team.

The lockout bird just landed in Pittsburgh. DeKeysers decision coming soon.

I have a question. Does anybody know if Dekeyser is physically still in Toronto? Think about it. By all accounts, Dekeyser had his equipment and was ready to join his team immediately after his decision. The Wings aren't due back in Detroit until around 5:00. Seems like the wait here actually works in our favor right?

Maybe we're waiting because he's not going to announce a signing on his own, and his new team won't be around to announce it with him until this afternoon.

My guess is they'll call a presser for right after the Wings get back to Detroit, and the signing will be announced with KH and Dekeyser attending personally to field questions and all of that.

All predicated, of course, on Dekeyser's current whereabouts.

...people don't honestly believe that DeKeyser is waiting for a plane to land for him to announce...do they?

I do.

Honestly, the more and more this gets dragged out past noon just makes me think he's signing here 100% now. He was supposed to have a decision made at noon. Why no announcement coming up on 3pm? 3 hours past your deadline? The more and more closer we get to 4:30ish, the more I honestly think he may be waiting for the team. Ah, i'm just sitting here rationalizing like a good homer fan.

I seriously was typing the exact same thing when you posted. I'm with you buddy.

I have a question. Does anybody know if Dekeyser is physically still in Toronto? Think about it. By all accounts, Dekeyser had his equipment and was ready to join his team immediately after his decision. The Wings aren't due back in Detroit until around 5:00. Seems like the wait here actually works in our favor right?

Maybe we're waiting because he's not going to announce a signing on his own, and his new team won't be around to announce it with him until this afternoon.

My guess is they'll call a presser for right after the Wings get back to Detroit, and the signing will be announced with KH and Dekeyser attending personally to field questions and all of that.

All predicated, of course, on Dekeyser's current whereabouts.

I do.

I seriously was typing the exact same thing when you posted. I'm with you buddy.

I'm going to second and third this. Hoping, hoping, hoping.

I'm going to second and third this. Hoping, hoping, hoping.

I think the Wings probably asked him to wait, if for no other reason than because nobody in the organization would be available to field questions, make remarks, etc. while they are in the air.

Do we know if KH was with the team for last night's game or no?

He has to clear it with Bettman that he is allowed to sign with a team which is not the Pittsburgh Penguins. This could take awhile. Gary has to call Sid first and make sure it's ok that Danny sign with a different team.

*If Cindy and Pierre aren't in the middle of one of their butt lick sessions, then I think Gary could get the ok. Cindy would at least be in a good mood at that point.

Ok enough of this stupid Crosby/Bettman b.s. please. Doesn't anyone remember Crosby being one of the most outspoken critics of Bettman during the lockout? They're both idiots, but this absurd conspiracy theory that somehow the league has a preference for the Penguins is getting annoying.

Also, this is a thread about Dekeyser, not Bettman and Crosby. This is every bit as annoying as people bringing up how Franzen is a floater in each and every single thread on this site.

Crosby's marketable and the NHL is a business, get over it. Or at the very least be creative with it instead of pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Edited by kipwinger

Guest Hatethedrake!

Feaster tried to sign Danny to an offer sheet but was told that he was not allowed to do so. Chiarelli also called Danny and was told he had a short list of 4 teams and that Boston was on it but not really. Stevie talked to Danny and tried to convince him that Marty St. Louis was really his dad and that it would be in his best interest to be re-united with him. It's tough being an NHL GM...

Where did this whole "decision by noon" thing get started anyways? Ive seen it thrown around blogs and twitter with statements of "he said...she said..." but have yet to see an actual source claim that.

I know Don Meehan was quoted as saying a decision was coming either yesterday or today at the latest.

If anyone has a source on that, that'd be much appreciated.

Where did this whole "decision by noon" thing get started anyways? Ive seen it thrown around blogs and twitter with statements of "he said...she said..." but have yet to see an actual source claim that.

I know Don Meehan was quoted as saying a decision was coming either yesterday or today at the latest.

It was SportsNet that was reporting the noon deadline, and they got the information from Don Meehan himself. They actually quoted him and used his name in the report. The tweet is on a few pages back

I think the Wings probably asked him to wait, if for no other reason than because nobody in the organization would be available to field questions, make remarks, etc. while they are in the air.

Do we know if KH was with the team for last night's game or no?

I thought someone said he was NOT at the game elsewhere in this thread (which is too long for me to check. Because. Lazy.)

Guest Hatethedrake!

Danny is going to have his very own tv special tonight on CBC at 8 pm called DANNY'S DECISION...It will be 1 hour with interviews from people such as Ken Holland, Sidney Crosby and Justin Verlander. The Wings are the favourites but the Wild are makng a late push with Suter and Parise willing to give up half their salaries to him. I am being told right now by my imaginary sources that the Detroit Lions are considering signing Danny to be their running back. Wayne Fontes is going to be interviewed and perhaps he can shed some light on this...

Ok enough of this stupid Crosby/Bettman b.s. please. Doesn't anyone remember Crosby being one of the most outspoken critics of Bettman during the lockout? They're both idiots, but this absurd conspiracy theory that somehow the league has a preference for the Penguins is getting annoying.

Also, this is a thread about Dekeyser, not Bettman and Crosby. This is every bit as annoying as people bringing up how Franzen is a floater in each and every single thread on this site.

Crosby's marketable and the NHL is a business, get over it. Or at the very least be creative with it instead of pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Didn't they adopt a kid together? :lol:

On a serious note, I wonder how many fanbases are waiting in this much anticipation for a "potential" signing. Man we have dedicated fans. :clap: Lovin' it.

John Shannon @JSportsnet 19h

Told by agent Don Meehan, that Dan DeKeyser will make a decision on a team before noon tomorrow.

FYI, John Shannon has 36,000 followers. Definitely twitter legit.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Which will happen first? Dekeyser signing or Ryan Clowe scoring?