• This topic is locked This topic is locked
499 replies to this topic

#261 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

Lot of sources connected to WMU saying that it's going to happen, but much like the other "realists", I'll just wait and see until it's official.

#262 NorwegianWing

NorwegianWing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

I've never seen him in action, nor read too much about him, but the desperation in this thread is contagious. Please sign so LGW can turn on you in a month. 

#263 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,048 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

Frank, you and I have had our differences, but I agree with you.

The Wings playoff streak is nice, but I would rather see the Wings really compete every few years than just make the playoffs and die in the first or second round every year.  The problem is that Wings fans as a whole would hate to see them tank for 2-3 years just to rebuild.

My thoughts as well, the streak is nice and all but really it is just a number. I'd rather see this team in the hunt for highend UFAs and the cup again in the not so distant future, instead of making the playoffs and getting bounced in round one or not later than round two, thats just not RedWings Style.

Differences are part of discussion boards :) as long as both side respect each other no worries here ^^

Can't believe DeKeyser is getting blamed for taking his time, it is a huge decision so for sure he will go through all the offers pros and cons and when he is ready, he or maybe his agent are going to anounce it. GMs passed on this guy in the draft every time so let him enjoy his "revenge" a bit.

Edited by frankgrimes, 28 March 2013 - 04:14 PM.

lidsretire2.jpg

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !

#264 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

I've never seen him in action, nor read too much about him, but the desperation in this thread is contagious. Please sign so LGW can turn on you in a month. 

:lol: it's funny because it's true. Let's keep expectations realistic guys even if he does wind up signing here, the guy has 0 NHL experience and most likely isn't going to be very impactful from the get go. 

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#265 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,048 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

:lol: it's funny because it's true. Let's keep expectations realistic guys even if he does wind up signing here, the guy has 0 NHL experience and most likely isn't going to be very impactful from the get go. 

Thats why he is considered a prospect, it would be nice to have and develop him :-)

lidsretire2.jpg

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !

#266 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

I don't think it's unrealistic for him to step into the NHL and be an effective player.  The problem is, he's not a point producing defenseman so he's not going to show up on the score sheet much, which will draw the ire of some fans.  By all accounts he's a good physical shutdown guy, more of a Dan Girardi than a Justin Schultz.  So if people hold him to the wrong standard then they'll definitely be disappointed. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#267 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

I don't think it's unrealistic for him to step into the NHL and be an effective player.  The problem is, he's not a point producing defenseman so he's not going to show up on the score sheet much, which will draw the ire of some fans.  By all accounts he's a good physical shutdown guy, more of a Dan Girardi than a Justin Schultz.  So if people hold him to the wrong standard then they'll definitely be disappointed. 

How is he on the PK? 

IPB Image

#268 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

How is he on the PK? 

Supposely really good.  He's a good skater, decent size, and real long reach. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#269 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

Very, very big point here to be taken. Some may think he's going to be shiny and flashy, but that is not Danny DeKeyser. You don't hear much of his name because he doesn't make much mistakes. He plays a very basic game, but as a defensive defensemen, that's an outstanding quality. Of course you'll recognize when he makes a shut-down move, but many of the times, plays are forgotten on the defensive side of the game.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#270 marcaractac

marcaractac

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

Very, very big point here to be taken. Some may think he's going to be shiny and flashy, but that is not Danny DeKeyser. You don't hear much of his name because he doesn't make much mistakes. He plays a very basic game, but as a defensive defensemen, that's an outstanding quality. Of course you'll recognize when he makes a shut-down move, but many of the times, plays are forgotten on the defensive side of the game.

I also like how he is known for having a hard, accurate shot. Be nice to have point shots that actually hit the net!

Edited by marcaractac, 28 March 2013 - 04:49 PM.

#271 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

That was Nick Lidstrom. Nothing flashy with him, but he did all the basics with excellence. 

Not saying Dekeyser is that though

#272 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

Supposedly his shot is very good, however he hasn't produced a lot of points at any level.  Might be because his team wasn't all that great, but his NCAA numbers are a far cry from Brendan Smith or Justin Schultz. 

#273 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

Also, I just want to point out that we are long over-due for some flow on the back-end and this beauty brings it.

8146078.jpg

8981602-large.jpg

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#274 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

That was Nick Lidstrom. Nothing flashy with him, but he did all the basics with excellence. 

Not saying Dekeyser is that though

That is what Jakub Kindl looks like to me. He looks more like Lidstrom than anyone. Dekeyser would be a more like a Hatcher. He's a big guy with a ton of reach.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#275 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

That is what Jakub Kindl looks like to me. He looks more like Lidstrom than anyone. Dekeyser would be a more like a Hatcher. He's a big guy with a ton of reach.

But can actually skate unlike hatcher

#276 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

But can actually skate unlike hatcher

Traffic%20Cone_02.jpga80d455a-1a90-4b55-

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 28 March 2013 - 05:07 PM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#277 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

Says the realist.

Debbie Downer  :unhappy:

Boston's GM still thinks Iginla is going there lol

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#278 Behind Enemy Lines in CO

Behind Enemy Lines in CO

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

My thoughts as well, the streak is nice and all but really it is just a number. I'd rather see this team in the hunt for highend UFAs and the cup again in the not so distant future, instead of making the playoffs and getting bounced in round one or not later than round two, thats just not RedWings Style.

Differences are part of discussion boards :) as long as both side respect each other no worries here ^^

Can't believe DeKeyser is getting blamed for taking his time, it is a huge decision so for sure he will go through all the offers pros and cons and when he is ready, he or maybe his agent are going to anounce it. GMs passed on this guy in the draft every time so let him enjoy his "revenge" a bit.

Is this true that he was never drafted? (Sorry, not up on all the news concerning this guy).

So, just to stir things up, if he had been drafted by a team, would he have been able to stiff them and sign elsewhere like Shultz did to Anaheim last year?  Can you imagine how we would feel if the Wings had drafted him, then Kenny tells him he has to earn his way into a playing spot, he holds out and signs elsewhere!  Get out the tar and feathers, boys!

#279 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

Add Deke and Yandle/JBO

Get rid of Q, White and CocaCola and we will be just fine

Kronwall - E

Smith - Yandle/JBO

Deke - Kindl

Lashoff

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#280 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

Stevie Y will not be getting DeKeyser

Confirmed #tblightning are no longer in the running for WMU free agent Dman Danny DeKeyser, signing of Sustr pretty much took care if that