• This topic is locked This topic is locked
499 replies to this topic

#341 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

Kukla's Korner suggested last night that Holland stayed in the Midwest instead of joining the team after his pitch to Dekeyser.

LET THE RAMPANT SPECULATION BEG... err continue.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#342 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

I can only hope he's simply calling teams right now and allowing them to hear from him first that they are not going to get him. Otherwise, it's bad on his agency to announce he will have a decision by noon and not have anything announced or any information pending.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#343 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

Honestly this is getting ridiculous

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#344 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

George Malik mentioned that technically, DeKeyser has until the trade deadline to make his decision and still play this season...

So there's always a chance we might still have to wait awhile to find out his decision...

Yet if he actually wants to play this season he should realize the earlier he decides the better. Will need time to adapt to a new system not to mention the speed and tempo of the NHL.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#345 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

The latest reports are saying he will be making his decision sometime today. Hard to get our hopes up just yet. But hopefully his Michigan-ties and him growing up a Wings fan (and his favorite all time player was Lidstrom) will be enough to sway him our way

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#346 MibJab

MibJab

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

social media has ruined sports. 

#347 Serratoni

Serratoni

Rookie

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

I'm hearing on twitter that his decision will come within yet another 30 minutes (12:20 pm as I write this).

I can't believe that the wait is a good sign for Detroit. Not buying the "Iginla hoopla" excuse.

Why so conflicted Danny?

social media has ruined sports. 

Says the guy posting on a sports forum on teh interwebs.

#348 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

I'm hearing on twitter that his decision will come within yet another 30 minutes (12:20 pm as I write this).

I can't believe that the wait is a good sign for Detroit. Not buying the "Iginla hoopla" excuse.

Why so conflicted Danny?

This!!!!

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#349 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

I'm hoping it's his agent (Meehan) trying to drum up as much attention as possible. Otherwise I don't understand the delay if he is in fact choosing Detroit.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#350 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

I'm hoping it's his agent (Meehan) trying to drum up as much attention as possible. Otherwise I don't understand the delay if he is in fact choosing Detroit.

Why?!

#351 Serratoni

Serratoni

Rookie

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

Why?!

Wishful thinking on Son of a Wing's part, I'm afraid. I seriously hope I'm wrong though and will be happy to eat crow.

Bring on Dekeyser in the red and white!

#352 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

Last week it was between: DET, STL, NSH, ANA & EDM.

By yesterday, his shortlist had been narrowed down to every NHL team but Columbus...

#353 MibJab

MibJab

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

i meant it in a way that he went from being a college player turning pro, to Nick Lidstrom in a matter of a few days. The only issue is that he hasn't even stepped on pro ice yet. 

#354 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

Hardcore Hockey Talk ‏@HChockeytalk 16 m

I'm hearing that a decision may be happening in the next 30 minutes from the #DeKeyser Camp. My bet is still on the #RedWings

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#355 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Why?!

Why do I hope that? Because otherwise I don't see how the delay would be in Detroit's favor as far as landing him.

Why would his agent do that? I don't know it gets people talking and gets his name out there. Just take a look at how many articles have been written in the media about the guy in the last couple days.

Vince Lombardi

#356 Serratoni

Serratoni

Rookie

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

i meant it in a way that he went from being a college player turning pro, to Nick Lidstrom in a matter of a few days. The only issue is that he hasn't even stepped on pro ice yet. 

What else do we have to do on a Friday when many of us aren't working? :D

#357 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

I honestly don't even care who he picks at this point lol,

#358 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

I should be working...I should be work..I should be...

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#359 MibJab

MibJab

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

hopefully he can play forward, on Datsyuks line. 

#360 Serratoni

Serratoni

Rookie

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

Justin Verlander @JustinVerlander 10m

Today is going to be a great day. Big news coming!

Now Dekeyser will delay again, waiting for Justin's news to break.