• This topic is locked This topic is locked
499 replies to this topic

#421 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

The longer this goes on, the more unlikely it is that he's signing in Detroit. But either way it goes, some of y'all need to get a grip. It's a big decision however you shake it. If you want on-demand entertainment, sign up for Netflix.

-Elliot...does not panic.

#422 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

The longer this goes on, the more unlikely it is that he's signing in Detroit. 

my sentinments

#423 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

Have we started tracking flights yet?

#424 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

He's on a flight with Babcock talking strategy and where to trade Ian White.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#425 Serratoni

Serratoni

Rookie

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

Maybe the Wings are waiting for Lidstrom to fly into town to make the Dekeyser signing announcement. I should post this "insider information" on twitter!

#426 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

Malik has. 

@georgemalikRed Bird III is flying over Vegas, and there's no news to bet upon about DeKeyser. http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N682RW  (Flightaware's N682RW page).

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#427 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

He has to clear it with Bettman that he is allowed to sign with a team which is not the Pittsburgh Penguins.  This could take awhile.  Gary has to call Sid first and make sure it's ok that Danny sign with a different team.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#428 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

This has gone on too long to have much hope anymore.  There's going to be an undeserved, senseless nuclear meltdown if he doesn't sign here.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#429 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

He has to clear it with Bettman that he is allowed to sign with a team which is not the Pittsburgh Penguins.  This could take awhile.  Gary has to call Sid first and make sure it's ok that Danny sign with a different team.

:lol: 

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#430 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

...people don't honestly believe that DeKeyser is waiting for a plane to land for him to announce...do they?

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#431 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

...people don't honestly believe that DeKeyser is waiting for a plane to land for him to announce...do they?

Probs
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#432 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

Honestly, the more and more this gets dragged out past noon just makes me think he's signing here 100% now. He was supposed to have a decision made at noon. Why no announcement coming up on 3pm? 3 hours past your deadline? The more and more closer we get to 4:30ish, the more I honestly think he may be waiting for the team. Ah, i'm just sitting here rationalizing like a good homer fan.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#433 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

The lockout bird just landed in Pittsburgh. DeKeysers decision coming soon.

#434 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,686 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

I have a question.  Does anybody know if Dekeyser is physically still in Toronto? Think about it.  By all accounts, Dekeyser had his equipment and was ready to join his team immediately after his decision.  The Wings aren't due back in Detroit until around 5:00.  Seems like the wait here actually works in our favor right? 

Maybe we're waiting because he's not going to announce a signing on his own, and his new team won't be around to announce it with him until this afternoon.

My guess is they'll call a presser for right after the Wings get back to Detroit, and the signing will be announced with KH and Dekeyser attending personally to field questions and all of that.

All predicated, of course, on Dekeyser's current whereabouts. 

I do. 

Honestly, the more and more this gets dragged out past noon just makes me think he's signing here 100% now. He was supposed to have a decision made at noon. Why no announcement coming up on 3pm? 3 hours past your deadline? The more and more closer we get to 4:30ish, the more I honestly think he may be waiting for the team. Ah, i'm just sitting here rationalizing like a good homer fan.

I seriously was typing the exact same thing when you posted.  I'm with you buddy. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#435 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

It kind of makes sense really

#436 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

Can the Tigers sign Danny to be the closer?

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#437 Serratoni

Serratoni

Rookie

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

I have a question.  Does anybody know if Dekeyser is physically still in Toronto? Think about it.  By all accounts, Dekeyser had his equipment and was ready to join his team immediately after his decision.  The Wings aren't due back in Detroit until around 5:00.  Seems like the wait here actually works in our favor right? 

Maybe we're waiting because he's not going to announce a signing on his own, and his new team won't be around to announce it with him until this afternoon.

My guess is they'll call a presser for right after the Wings get back to Detroit, and the signing will be announced with KH and Dekeyser attending personally to field questions and all of that.

All predicated, of course, on Dekeyser's current whereabouts. 

I do. 

I seriously was typing the exact same thing when you posted.  I'm with you buddy. 

I'm going to second and third this. Hoping, hoping, hoping.

#438 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,686 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

I'm going to second and third this. Hoping, hoping, hoping.

I think the Wings probably asked him to wait, if for no other reason than because nobody in the organization would be available to field questions, make remarks, etc. while they are in the air. 

Do we know if KH was with the team for last night's game or no?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#439 gowings2414

gowings2414

Jr. Prospect

• 28 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

*If Cindy and Pierre aren't in the middle of one of their butt lick sessions, then I think Gary could get the ok. Cindy would at least be in a good mood at that point. 

"I am number 13, because I am number 13" - Pavel Datsyuk

#440 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,686 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

Ok enough of this stupid Crosby/Bettman b.s. please.  Doesn't anyone remember Crosby being one of the most outspoken critics of Bettman during the lockout?  They're both idiots, but this absurd conspiracy theory that somehow the league has a preference for the Penguins is getting annoying. 

Also, this is a thread about Dekeyser, not Bettman and Crosby.  This is every bit as annoying as people bringing up how Franzen is a floater in each and every single thread on this site. 

Crosby's marketable and the NHL is a business, get over it.  Or at the very least be creative with it instead of pandering to the lowest common denominator. 

Edited by kipwinger, 29 March 2013 - 02:18 PM.