499 replies to this topic

#441 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

Kip's right. Keep on topic.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#442 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

Feaster tried to sign Danny to an offer sheet but was told that he was not allowed to do so.  Chiarelli also called Danny and was told he had a short list of 4 teams and that Boston was on it but not really.  Stevie talked to Danny and tried to convince him that Marty St. Louis was really his dad and that it would be in his best interest to be re-united with him.  It's tough being an NHL GM...

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#443 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

Where did this whole "decision by noon" thing get started anyways? Ive seen it thrown around blogs and twitter with statements of "he said...she said..." but have yet to see an actual source claim that.

I know Don Meehan was quoted as saying a decision was coming either yesterday or today at the latest. 

If anyone has a source on that, that'd be much appreciated.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#444 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

Where did this whole "decision by noon" thing get started anyways? Ive seen it thrown around blogs and twitter with statements of "he said...she said..." but have yet to see an actual source claim that.

I know Don Meehan was quoted as saying a decision was coming either yesterday or today at the latest. 

It was SportsNet that was reporting the noon deadline, and they got the information from Don Meehan himself. They actually quoted him and used his name in the report. The tweet is on a few pages back

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#445 Serratoni

Serratoni

Rookie

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

I think the Wings probably asked him to wait, if for no other reason than because nobody in the organization would be available to field questions, make remarks, etc. while they are in the air. 

Do we know if KH was with the team for last night's game or no?

I thought someone said he was NOT at the game elsewhere in this thread (which is too long for me to check. Because. Lazy.)

#446 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

Danny is going to have his very own tv special tonight on CBC at 8 pm called DANNY'S DECISION...It will be 1 hour with interviews from people such as Ken Holland, Sidney Crosby and Justin Verlander.  The Wings are the favourites but the Wild are makng a late push with Suter and Parise willing to give up half their salaries to him.  I am being told right now by my imaginary sources that the Detroit Lions are considering signing Danny to be their running back.  Wayne Fontes is going to be interviewed and perhaps he can shed some light on this...

#447 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,988 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

Oh, LGW. Never change. I love you all!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#448 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

Well this is just peachy. I've wasted a whole day on this crap.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#449 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,195 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

Ok enough of this stupid Crosby/Bettman b.s. please.  Doesn't anyone remember Crosby being one of the most outspoken critics of Bettman during the lockout?  They're both idiots, but this absurd conspiracy theory that somehow the league has a preference for the Penguins is getting annoying. 

Also, this is a thread about Dekeyser, not Bettman and Crosby.  This is every bit as annoying as people bringing up how Franzen is a floater in each and every single thread on this site. 

Crosby's marketable and the NHL is a business, get over it.  Or at the very least be creative with it instead of pandering to the lowest common denominator. 

Didn't they adopt a kid together?  :lol:

On a serious note, I wonder how many fanbases are waiting in this much anticipation for a "potential" signing.  Man we have dedicated fans.  :clap:   Lovin' it.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#450 Serratoni

Serratoni

Rookie

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

John Shannon @JSportsnet 19h

Told by agent Don Meehan, that Dan DeKeyser will make a decision on a team before noon tomorrow.

FYI, John Shannon has 36,000 followers. Definitely twitter legit.

#451 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

Don't know where Deke kid is going to sign but he better be good otherwise people will laugh at him big time for this prima donna waiting thing...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#452 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

maybe he is waiting for the wings to land in detroit?

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#453 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

Which will happen first?  Dekeyser signing or Ryan Clowe scoring?

#454 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

Which will happen first?  Dekeyser signing or Ryan Clowe scoring?

Colo getting injured again
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#455 Donohue75

Donohue75

Rookie

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

Going to need some popcorn for the fall out if he decides to sign elsewhere

PopCorn.png

It's been a great honor for me to be a player for the Detroit Red Wings, to play for an Original Six franchise. I know I'm far from perfect, but I learned a lot.
Steve Yzerman

#456 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

I know people are saying everyone's going to explode if he doesn't sign here, especially if he goes to the Preds or Penguins.

I think it'll be hilarious if he goes to some team no one was expecting.

Announcing he signed with the Panthers or the Islanders will just be laugh out loud fun.

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#457 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

Nothing to see here.

Edited by sputman, 29 March 2013 - 03:20 PM.

Posted Image

#458 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

Anon Rumors ‏@TheRumorWire 3m

BREAKING: Official announcement for Danny DeKeyser coming up shortly. He has signed with the @DetroitRedWings. #NHL #RedWings #CONFIRMED

THE Anon Rumors? He almost has 100 followers!

Posted Image

#459 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

I know people are saying everyone's going to explode if he doesn't sign here, especially if he goes to the Preds or Penguins.

I think it'll be hilarious if he goes to some team no one was expecting.

Announcing he signed with the Panthers or the Islanders will just be laugh out loud fun.

Actually Pitt makes a lot of sense. They sure could use help on the blue line.

#460 rcloud

rcloud

Draftee

• 2 posts

THE Anon Rumors? He almost has 100 followers!

And 9 total tweets!